Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Christmas/New Year 2019 TV Forum Continuity Thread

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Skid X wrote: »
    Eddi Reader is a fine singer in fairness

One day I will learn not to confuse her with Eddie Vedder

Like, I know they aren't the same person but I have a sort of name dyslexia about the two of them

Not the only one. Maybe Pearl Jam should give 'Perfect' a lash sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 72,286 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

The Wurzels must be spinning in their graves.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Melanie on Hootenanny singing her song which Brendan Grace did a piss take of, and then the Wurzels copied Brendan's version almost note for note and had a huge hit in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 72,286 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

*furious running-on-the-spot dancing*

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I read on twitter that Brexiteers are boycotting Hootenananny due to Stormzy being on it :D

btw thought Stormzy was really good.

• Advertisement

Hootenanny a program based on time travel given it is pre-recorded.

That was another excellent NYE on BBC2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

CNN rubbish as it has been since they sacked Kathy Griffin. Cohen making a fool of himself.

VABq8KL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭mrm

Jools excellent band being front and centre on the majority of songs made it a great show

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Skid X wrote: »
    Eddi Reader is a fine singer in fairness

One day I will learn not to confuse her with Eddie Vedder

Like, I know they aren't the same person but I have a sort of name dyslexia about the two of them
    When the lineup went across the screen, one of my family definitely said "Eddie Vedder" and I bit my tongue... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

All the musical talent in this country and the best RTE can do is a plastic dolly bird singing cover of Guns N Roses. And honestly does the national broadcaster need to carry her petty snide remarks against her husband - Hopefully her kids had the good sense not to tune in and listen to her derogatory remarks about their father.

Fair play to Mike Scott for giving it his all, and David Gray for his rendition of This Year's Love. Outside of that, not really much to write home about.

And honestly does the national broadcaster need to carry her petty snide remarks against her husband - Hopefully her kids had the good sense not to tune in and listen to her derogatory remarks about their father.

I missed that at the time but yeah, that was uncalled for and should have been edited out

Not the time or place to be calling her Ex Husband a "Fecking Eejit.".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just a note to remind peeps that Rhys Thomas "the 2019 that didn't happen" review is on BBC Two tonight at 11.

Oh yeah - Forces TV has the Roots of Monty Python at 1.10 PM, probably a cut and paste hack job but better then nothing maybe.

Just a note to remind peeps that Rhys Thomas "the 2019 that didn't happen" review is on BBC Two tonight at 11.

That was class as always, I can't believe I missed Radiator Bleeding with Christopher Eccleston on Channel 5 !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭George White

Was the Mrs Brown Christmas special worth watching?
    The NYE one was terrible.
    It also shows O'Carroll doesn't really care about authenticity. Why is Mrs. Brown listening to Liverpool DJ Pete Price? Because he's mates with BO'C.
    Sue Vincent, a British actress as Peggy Piper wasn't great. Her attempt at a Dublin accent, especially. Plus having the London Gospel Choir in.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,663 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lemmy documentary on TG4 now (Motorhead)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Wife using TV . I'll get Lemmy next time round.

I got a lend of a "In Sickness and in Health" box set the other day. Halfway through disc 2 S2. I saw loads of random episodes years ago but only appreciating the writing this time round.

Advertisement