Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Christmas/New Year 2019 TV Forum Continuity Thread

Options
  • 20-12-2019 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there, Happy Christmas to one and all

Once again it's time for the thread which keeps us going while the Late Late Show and the other Talk Shows have disappeared

A place to chat about the shows which are or aren't on, give a shoutout or to ask if anyone knows when Willy Wonka is on Television**. It usually ends up being the thread where the New Years Eve Television chat goes too

Just a bit of fun, it's like the Late Late Show thread only hopefully with less misery

christmas-puppy-kitten-wallpaper-1510171429610.jpg

** It's on RTE1 Christmas Day at 1.20pm, and on ITV3 Friday 27th at 3.40pm and again on New Years Eve at 10.25am
    That's the real one, not the remake

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Deadly, love this thread every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,102 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

The brilliant "All aboard!The Sleigh Ride" is on very late on BBC 4 some night soon.

It's well worth watching, very relaxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

The brilliant "All aboard!The Sleigh Ride" is on very late on BBC 4 some night soon.

12.50am late night Monday / early Christmas Eve

It's great, two hours of this
    It was so popular the BBC released it on DVD

• Registered Users Posts: 6,671 ✭✭✭brian_t

This years "Slow TV" is called The Last Igloo and is on BBC Four on Christmas Eve at 7.30pm.
    This feature-length film tells the story of a typical day in the life of an Inuit hunter in Greenland, as he travels across the stunning arctic landscape with his dog sled, fishes through the sea ice, and finally builds an igloo.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2019/52/the-last-igloo

• Registered Users Posts: 72,286 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I just saw Chris Rea on the motorway.

I wonder what he’s doing.

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Can we just get this part out of the way right now:

Before Scrooged: "Oh great, Scrooged is on tonight".
    After Scrooged: "That was crap, why did I think it used to be great."

Can we just get this part out of the way right now:

Before Scrooged: "Oh great, Scrooged is on tonight".
    After Scrooged: "That was crap, why did I think it used to be great."

I love the Annie Lennox and Reverend Al song from Scrooged, I never realised it was a cover version

Will RTE be giving Al Porter his own comeback special, Elvis ‘68-style? :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,341 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 11,817 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

^ Casablanca. *Shudders*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,341 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    ^ Casablanca. *Shudders*

Ridiculous hour to show it at.

Of all the gin joints, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,598 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Road to hell, man.

Must be goin t'visit the inlaws.

Dave Allen documentary on BBC Two right now.

Dave Allen documentary on BBC Two right now.

Except for viewers in Norn Iron :(

We get Snow Patrol. Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,598 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Why are Aliens and Platoon never on telly at Christmas anymore?

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    The greatest man in the world Bob Mortimer is on Would I Lie To You?

The above posts from this weekend reminded of this clip which is one of my favourites

Does Bob Mortimer always pop an egg into his bath before he has a bath, after being advised to do so by Chris Rea?
    Watch the video and find out, it's very good

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Why are Aliens and Platoon never on telly at Christmas anymore?

Sky probably has all the rights to them! I was looking for Trading Places too as I hadn't seen it for years until I discovered that Sky has that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,664 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Virgin Media channels seem to have the same films which were a few weeks back on again, plus repeat tv shows too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭iseegirls

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The Virgin Media channels seem to have the same films which were a few weeks back on again, plus repeat tv shows too

It's something that always happened on 3e/Virgin Media 2 in the past 3 or so years - but it has crept into Virgin Media 1 now as well. Same films are shown twice within 7 days, along with any special programmes.
    It feels like they have a certain time limit to show a batch of films, and boy do they try to make the most of them - must to the detriment of the actual viewers who have nothing new to watch.
    Their Christmas schedule is an utter disgrace. There are Zero new Irish programming, specials, news report since last Friday at 8:30 all the way through to 2nd January. They're effectively another ITV but is also spread across 3 channels.

• Advertisement

iseegirls wrote: »
    It's something that always happened on 3e/Virgin Media 2 in the past 3 or so years - but it has crept into Virgin Media 1 now as well. Same films are shown twice within 7 days, along with any special programmes.
    It feels like they have a certain time limit to show a batch of films, and boy do they try to make the most of them - must to the detriment of the actual viewers who have nothing new to watch.
    Their Christmas schedule is an utter disgrace. There are Zero new Irish programming, specials, news report since last Friday at 8:30 all the way through to 2nd January. They're effectively another ITV but is also spread across 3 channels.

It's very true, I stumbled on 'Ivan's Celebrity Pub Crawl' yesterday on Virgin Media where Lucinda Creighton starts talking about her plans for Renua to take 10 seats at the next election ... it turns out this show is four years old (and is repeated several more times over Christmas. Pitiful.

Planes, Trains and Automobiles is on Sky One tonight at 9pm (and on Saturday), I haven't seen that in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 81,823 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Could RTE News not purchase a video clip of Santa where he actually has a genuine beard, it could be used for the next 20 or so years.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,306 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Home alone is on channel 4....still brilliant but just noticed..jaysus the McCallisters are loaded!

gmisk wrote: »
    Home alone is on channel 4....still brilliant but just noticed..jaysus the McCallisters are loaded!

I watched a few minutes on RTE. Some donut got stuck to the policeman's phone when Kevin's Ma was on to him in a panic. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 32,306 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I watched a few minutes on RTE. Some donut got stuck to the policeman's phone when Kevin's Ma was on to him in a panic. :o
    Ha ha I noticed that too!

They were looking into chartering a flight home ..that's how rich they are!

This Big Rewind thing on RTE1 now should be called 'I cant believe its not Celebrity Gogglebox'. Total ripoff of the format

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Them young ones not knowing who Ronnie Drew or Dave Fanning are is making me feel old :(

Them young ones not knowing who Ronnie Drew or Dave Fanning are is making me feel old :(

I don't know, the kids these days with their hipping and their hopping ... Grrrr

This show is growing on me, some decent archive clips.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Loved christys reaction to bosco appearance

• Advertisement

Advertisement