Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is a thread about the 2020 Six Nations, formerly the Five Nations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

That would be the end of Australian rugby almost certainly. And possibly New Zealand too. SA are the ones bringing in the big money in SH rugby. Without them I dont know how the others would survive. I cant see it being allowed by WR tbh. It would be incredibly bad for the game as a whole.

Daily mail

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Jesus, the size of Rob Wainwright now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Scotland looked better against ireland than Wales did today. I think if Scotland are up for this game and cut out the mistakes then they will win.

Big moment for Stuart Hogg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Now to watch Itoje be constantly told to stop doing things by the ref but somehow getting away with it all

Now to watch Itoje be constantly told to stop doing things by the ref but somehow getting away with it all

Neck roll on Brown, nothing said, nothing given.

I read Finn Russell's piece in the Times and I have to say I think any future Scottish coach would be well within their rights to rule him persona non grata and leave him out.

If a player and coach disagree, the final call is the coaches - end of discussion. Russell strikes me as incredibly entitled and far too self important. Townsend no doubt has his failings but that's not a justification and Finn's childishness on social media leaves me in little doubt as to who is the more guilty party in all this.

Scotland are also playing a lot better without him. They did enough to beat us and stood up well in an arm wrestle against England.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

"The current set-up and environment, I don't think I want to play in that, I don't think it's good for me as a person or a player. I've felt like this for more than a year.

"I'd love to play for Scotland again because I love playing for my country. But until I see or feel the big changes that I need to get back playing my best, it's going to be very hard for me to do it."

I think that quote sums up everything about Russell and his ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

"The current set-up and environment, I don't think I want to play in that, I don't think it's good for me as a person or a player. I've felt like this for more than a year.

"I'd love to play for Scotland again because I love playing for my country. But until I see or feel the big changes that I need to get back playing my best, it's going to be very hard for me to do it."

He seems well placed in Racing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Is he one part Roy Keane, one part Simon Zebo!? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

If team rules say only two drinks them you only have two drinks. It's not hard. Russell is disrespect ling his own teammates and setting himself above them but flouting the rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

The RFU having to deny newspaper reports that Rassie Erasmus is being lined up to replace Eddie as England boss
    Rassie was present at the game yesterday and some of the saffer press have gotten wind of something they think

The size of Joe Worsley’s head!

Strange last two posts by me I concur.

I read Finn Russell's piece in the Times and I have to say I think any future Scottish coach would be well within their rights to rule him persona non grata and leave him out.

If a player and coach disagree, the final call is the coaches - end of discussion. Russell strikes me as incredibly entitled and far too self important. Townsend no doubt has his failings but that's not a justification and Finn's childishness on social media leaves me in little doubt as to who is the more guilty party in all this.

Scotland are also playing a lot better without him. They did enough to beat us and stood up well in an arm wrestle against England.

A nothing article, half a paragraph about the missed training session. Hardly cutting edge from Mark Palmer who wrote it. Russell doesn’t come across well at all in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭bilston

France look to be in the mood. If they stay in the mood for 80 minutes they could rack up 40+ points here.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Subpopulus

Could be bleak for Italy here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Dupont is a joy to watch. Right on top of his game. Add in a top 8 and a pretty decent 10. If they beat Wales in Cardiff I reckon they do the slam.

Italian scrum half wants the ball on a plate. Needs to get in there and get it.

Im late for this one but Tommy “bloody” Allen.

Thought Olivon dropped that in the ruck under the posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

It's sad to see the progress Italy were making over the last couple of years almost completely disappear.

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Dupont is a joy to watch. Right on top of his game. Add in a top 8 and a pretty decent 10. If they beat Wales in Cardiff I reckon they do the slam.

Agree.

I've thought for a while that their dominance of the last few U20 WCs is bound to come to the fore at some point.

Plus they have Edwards to add a bit of structure.

I think they are the NH team to watch over the next 4 years.

It's sad to see the progress Italy were making over the last couple of years almost completely disappear.

They are getting worse, although ironically Benetton and Zebre are getting better.

They seem to have a decent crop of U20s this year which is a good thing, but they need a lot more than one "decent" year

Edit - good try by Italy!!

Nice one Minozzi.
    Thomas’ defence again.

They’re not Mexican Waving now.

Minozzi scoring.

You love to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭swiwi_

bilston wrote: »
    They are getting worse, although ironically Benetton and Zebre are getting better.

They seem to have a decent crop of U20s this year which is a good thing, but they need a lot more than one "decent" year

Edit - good try by Italy!!

I’ve never really rated Le Roux but his tackling and and ruck work this tournament so far has been very good.

bilston wrote: »

They've been strong at U20 level for a few seasons now. I guess like France that will eventually seep through to the senior team.

Subpopulus wrote: »
    They've been strong at U20 level for a few seasons now. I guess like France that will eventually seep through to the senior team.

Hopefully.

They are showing a bit of character here anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

France should have touched that down, its from a kick off so would be a scrum on half way
    Young lads not reading the law book.

• Advertisement

What a pass by Dupont

Advertisement