Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you just "don't get"?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

Women seemingly queuing up to be with those mean, moody f**kers , some of whom are domestically violent and controlling.

They look like fierce craic and fun altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,893 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

happyday wrote: »
    I'm with you on these.

The elf on a shelf is a rod for parents' backs and pushes the believability to the limit for kids.

Made up tradition that sounds more trouble than it's worth. Some eejits will buy into any fad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I just don't get how pigs-in-blankets have made their way onto the Xmas dinner table -- they're the food of carrion-gobbling scavengers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Dope operas

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Dope operas
    same here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Seamai wrote: »
    I don't get why so much live music is amplified to the point of distortion, I've often feel lowering the sound a bit would much improve the the listening quality.

They need to sort out which instruments, mics etc. should be at which volume.

cjmc wrote: »
    . Why the hotel wedding manager didn't tell the them to wrap it sooner is beyond me

Because he would be rightly told to F off, it’s nothing to do with him.

I’m not a fan of long speeches but still it’s the couples day and they are entitled to do the speeches as they want. I also wouldn’t agree with having no speeches, I think it’s nice for people in have time to say a few words and they are usually quite funny. Think the speeches at my wedding were about 25 mins altogether with us around the right amount of time imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Guinness book of retarded records!, who the
    f€€k gives a **** who hold the record of most amount of skittles thrown into one's mouth in a minute! Or most clover petals collected with you teeth.

Macdarack wrote: »
    f€€k gives a **** who hold the record of most amount of skittles thrown into one's mouth in a minute! Or most clover petals collected with you teeth.

Can you imagine getting this angry about world records. Absolutely amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Things i just "don't get"?

Mrs Brown's Boys popularity.....saw a snippet of the xmas special the other night utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter tripe

TV for the Thick

• Advertisement

All this you can look up online anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

fryup wrote: »
    Things i just "don't get"?

Mrs Brown's Boys popularity.....saw a snippet of the xmas special the other night utter utter utter utter utter utter utter utter tripe

TV for the Thick

Pure rehashed tripe, watched it last night as the missus wanted to see it and had a bit to drink but still went through the whole lot without even a smirk. It was a lame p1ss take of it’s a wonderful life.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

It's a lame p1ss take on comedy Fullstop.

I think it’s brilliant, can’t understand the dislike (from a very small minority) at all.

I think it’s brilliant, can’t understand the dislike (from a very small minority) at all.

It's a panto for grown ups, and not particularly clever humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

It's a panto for grown ups, and not particularly clever humour.

Oh no, it isn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

tupenny wrote: »
    People in next few weeks out to get their 2020 car. Dont get it
    People spending €50-60k on a car.

Buy pretty much the same car, 3 years old for around 1/3 of the price and you've about €35k to spend on other stuff.

Those people think that by driving a brand new car others will think they are superior, wealthier etc etc

Oh no, it isn't!

It has a panto dame anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Why so thousands of priests raped young boys? Did they all turn gay when they entered the priesthood or something? Can't understand it

Wow, did you just equate paedophile rapists to gay people?

Tell me you think you told a joke ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭worded

I know what this pub needs, music so loud people struggle to hear each other speak - every bar manager

Dont get it

More profit. You drink more when you can’t chat
    https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2017/11/14/loud-music-drinking/

I also read that high tables with no stools has a similar effect

Another one is thicker glass bottles containing less alcohol in clubs. Hardly noticeable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Just wondering, was the angel Curly Watts?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

py2006 wrote: »
    Wow, did you just equate paedophile rapists to gay people?

Tell me you think you told a joke ?

It's no secret if you were a bit feminine or just plain not into girls you were ushered into the priest hood..

It's no secret if you were a bit feminine or just plain not into girls you were ushered into the priest hood..

Are you equating homosexuality with pedophilia?

Are you equating homosexuality with pedophilia?

He's saying that a lot of gay people went into the priesthood. A percentage of them, probably in line with the rest of the population, were pedophiles. In their position of power, they were able to act on it.

You're really trying too hard. The topic was about why it was young boys being abused more. He's simply saying there were a lot of gay priests.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,987 ✭✭✭pgj2015

people who let cars in who have skipped the queue, let them sit there, by skipping the queue they are saying they are more important than the rest of us to wait like everyone else. unless they are emergency vehicles with their lights and sirens on you shouldnt let the skip the queue and then cut in.

He's saying that a lot of gay people went into the priesthood. A percentage of them, probably in line with the rest of the population, were pedophiles. In their position of power, they were able to act on it.

You're really trying too hard. The topic was about why it was young boys being abused more. He's simply saying there were a lot of gay priests.

The question was, why were so many boys raped by priests?

The answer proffered was, because priests are gay.

I think you need to try harder.

The question was, why were so many boys raped by priests?

The answer proffered was, because priests are gay.

I think you need to try harder.

I spelt it out quite clearly I thought. If lots of the clergy are gay, and a percentage of those are pedophiles, then it leads to boys being raped.

You're the one bringing up the association between being gay and being a pedophile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

'Hallmark holiday movies are fascist propaganda'

I just do not about the state of the world these days

I spelt it out quite clearly I thought. If lots of the clergy are gay, and a percentage of those are pedophiles, then it leads to boys being raped.

You're the one bringing up the association between being gay and being a pedophile.

It wasn't you.
    It was two other posters.
    You explained yourself quite well.
    That doesn't explain why you are defending people equating homosexuality with pedophilia.

• Advertisement

It wasn't you.
    It was two other posters.
    You explained yourself quite well.
    That doesn't explain why you are defending people equating homosexuality with pedophilia.

I haven't really been following that carefully. Now I see what you mean with Andrew's post. I just responded to what Macdarack said and your reply.

Advertisement