Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurovision Song Contest Rotterdam 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I shed a tear. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Very happy for it to be in Rotterdam next year if she wears the same pink dress!

• Registered Users Posts: 72,313 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

ROTTERDAM!

NOT CARK!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,846 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Skid X wrote: »
    North Macedonia will be played by Michael Sheen in Eurovision 2020: The Movie

That reminds me, whatever happened to that Eurovision move Will Ferrell was making?

BBC TWO, boardsies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Right that’s it time for normal service to resume time to blast out the neighbours with me Cradle of Filth back catalogue...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

The satellite delay is shocking, its like 1980 technology or something

couldn't understand that either? :confused: was it for nostalgia sake?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

BBC2 for more Eurovision.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

ROTTERDAM!

NOT CARK!

I demand a recount....

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Videos of each song here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRpjHHu8ivVWs73uxHlWwFA

Seem to be some good songs this year, would have voted for the Iceland song to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,323 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That reminds me, whatever happened to that Eurovision move Will Ferrell was making?
    It's still coming I think.
    Rachael mc Adams and Pierce Brosnan in it as well!
    I think Netflix bought it

Still going ahead, will be on Netflix shortly!

RTE’s very own Derek Mooney is also making a Eurovision movie (I’m not making this up!) - a jukebox musical called ‘Hold Me Now’ in the vain of Mamma Mia.

He was on Brendan O’Connor’s radio show last Saturday looking for backing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Panrich

Abba on MTV now if you want to continue the theme

• Registered Users Posts: 17,846 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

gmisk wrote: »

Guessing if things went as planned it would have been released this week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭afatbollix

fryup wrote: »
    couldn't understand that either? :confused: was it for nostalgia sake?

Being cheap... Very shocked if I'm honest.

Guessing if things went as planned it would have been released this week :(
    Out on Netflix June 26th seemingly!

B is for Butter Churners :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

This just in!

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a32491430/netflix-will-ferrell-eurovision-movie-song-volcano-man/

The first song from the soundtrack of Will Ferrell and Netflix's Eurovision movie has been released, along with the fittingly OTT title of the movie.

We now know that the movie — which will be released on June 26 — is called Eurovision Song Content: The Story of Fire Saga, with the first track 'Volcano Man' now available to listen to, and the bombastic music video is here too.

First song from the Netflix eurovision movie....it's kind of spot on!
    https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a32491430/netflix-will-ferrell-eurovision-movie-song-volcano-man/
    Volcano man....lol

Full title
    Eurovision Song Content: The Story of Fire Saga

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

I really enjoyed that show, it wasn’t what I was expecting but it was good fun and with some emotional moments. A good deal of Irish representation, which probably befits our record in the competition.

I didn’t rate the Italian song before but his performance in the Verona amphitheatre looked epic. I’ll track it down on YouTube. I still think the winner was going to be one of the smaller nations Iceland, Lithuania or Malta.

Dustin has just appeared on BBC2, he got hell of a lot of boos

• Advertisement

Dustin The Turkey on BBC Two.

Whatever happened to him? :pac:

That Bucks Fizz ripping off the skirts business would get you arrested before the song was finished today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Panrich wrote: »
    Abba on MTV now if you want to continue the theme

Summer night city. been a while since I heard that one

• Registered Users Posts: 28,597 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

That Bucks Fizz ripping off the skirts business would get you arrested before the song was finished today.

And yet a lot of the female performers take the stage wearing less than the Bucks Fizz ladies ended their set with :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

gmisk wrote: »

I'm not sure I like the thought of Americans getting their hands on Eurovision, it's cheesy, the songs can be questionable, it can be annoying but it's ours.
    Yankees Go Home

The UK tends to give us more votes than we give them, but they did let us starve during the famine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Think he was on the latest Graham Norton talking about it (if I recall correctly - it was yesterday, so memory is hazy :pac:)

Bruce Forsyth's daughter wrote the song which Celine Dion pipped to win Eurovision

Seamai wrote: »
    I'm not sure I like the thought of Americans getting their hands on Eurovision, it's cheesy, the songs can be questionable, it can be annoying but it's ours.
    Yankees Go Home
    I know what you mean but I think eurovision are involved and in fairness that song isnt a million miles away from Norway's song last year!

There have been talks about an American version of eurovision for a long time so this might push that along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,641 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

German television are running a mock Eurovision rn and we are coming 4th.....

Advertisement