Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Turning a Perx reward card into cash?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Can you use these to buy online?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭TM

Can you use these to buy online?

They should be accepted wherever MasterCard is accepted.
    But not gambling sites, charitable donations (!), other sites that don't accept prepaid credit cards.
    But if you link it to a PayPal account you can use it (indirectly) wherever PayPal is accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭TM

cefh17 wrote: »
    Trying to do the whole transfer thing and it's saying the billing address of the Perx card is incorrect, is there a standard one to be entered?
    I can't see any address on my Perx account but on my PayPal account it has my home address and it worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Got it sorted, thanks for your reply TM. Ended up missing the notification at first to confirm the test transaction to the Perx account that was needed to link the card :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

I have used my PayPal account several times to load my Perx cards and then transferred the funds to my other PayPal account.

When I go to send the money it's displaying as Euro, when I select the Perx card it has Sterling beside it so then I lose out on the transfer. This is only happening on the latest Perx cards, I can still see an old card in PayPal and that's down as Euro.

Am I missing something? I registered the card on Perx and it's displaying the balance in Euro. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Galadriel wrote: »
    I have used my PayPal account several times to load my Perx cards and then transferred the funds to my other PayPal account.

When I go to send the money it's displaying as Euro, when I select the Perx card it has Sterling beside it so then I lose out on the transfer. This is only happening on the latest Perx cards, I can still see an old card in PayPal and that's down as Euro.

Am I missing something? I registered the card on Perx and it's displaying the balance in Euro. :confused:

Select eur for both sides on paypal and u wud be grand

Select eur for both sides on paypal and u wud be grand

It is though, always was but I double checked, it's like it's seeing the Perx card in GBP for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Anyone been able to use this on paypal ? Suddenly stopped working for me ! Getting check your payment error !

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tazsmurf

Hey,

I got €50 EML Perx card but when I try to transfer funds to PayPal I’m getting card declined also! Any ideas why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Could you use the card to buy currency perhaps? I.e buy Sterling in a BdC or Post Office and then sell it for Euro. Or just buy Euro?

Might be too cost prohibitive.

I've tried different PayPal accounts etc. but it's definitely not working anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭MBSnr

^^^

I had some money left on a PERX card. I registered the card on my Amazon account and then purchased a gift voucher in GBP and let it do the EUR currency conversion, getting to within 4c of what was left on the card... Sure you end up paying a little extra for the EUR conversion but if you are a regular Amazon user you end up with a GBP balance you can dig into. Plus you can send Amazon gift cards amounts to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Roseor

Yes, I am having the same issues with paypal - showing a zero balance. I emailed perx but got no reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 magsapie

Anyone having issues using their Perx card? This is the message on their site. My card would be coming up to its 12 month anniversary (corporate xmas gift) and I'm trying to use it any way I can. Paypal thing didn't work but not sure if its because Paypal now stopping this (or Perx) or if it's becuase of the big bold red service message on PErx site (below). Message has no date of when issue occurred, and no resolution date. It doesn't look good - are they still in healthy operation?

Due to increased volumes we are experiencing issues with our Card Payments.

Please pay by Bank Transfer while we service the issue.

Thank you for your patience

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Pistachio19

I read that and took it that it meant if you are buying perx cards they have issues with accepting card payments to pay for them We'd use our corporate card to pay for them if we were to buy them, but it looks like that's not an option at the moment. I'm trying to decide between the perx and one for all. We've given one for all cards for the past few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭danwhite88

If you use amazon.de you can purchase a gift voucher in EUR.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭mct1

i wonder did you get your card to work yet? I tried my latest virtual card on Amazon where I'd used a previous one successfully in July to top up my credit - it was "declined by the card issuer". Same story on Paypal when I tried to use it to send money to my OH. I've emailed Perx but am not hopeful. I even merged the card contents with my last successful card but then that was refused too.

The card came from RedC so next payout I'll be requesting a cheque!

Just updating this. Perx customer service replied to my email within 48h. They said you can't use the card on Paypal, but that my Amazon top up was declined because the amount was in excess of the card value - so either Amazon is making an extra charge on top of their own currency exchange rate, or else their rate is wrong. I lowered the amount and it went through no problem leaving just 40c on the card. So topping up your Amazon account with Perx cards does work, just watch the amount. And Perx customer service was helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Very interesting, thanks for that. Can funds be withdrawn from Amazon?

• Advertisement

No, it's just another way to pay for your Amazon purchases. You can also use it to part pay, with the balance from your card. I get Amazon gift vouchers from another survey crowd and it all goes into the same pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,346 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I've used mine to make some payments via Paypal and they've gone through OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

anybody any more luck with getting the money off the card? Tried paypal..no good!! what about loading onto a betting site?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Will be refunded to the same card. Bookies are exceptionally strict on that.

Remember, these cards are designed to have no method to get cash out - otherwise they'd be breaching the Revenue rules about the small gifts excemption.

You absolutely CAN add it to your Paypal and use it for Paypal spending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Have you tried it recently? I did and it didn't work. It worked fine last year though.. They must have copped on. I think I'll just use it to buy a new phone or something

Yep, I got one in October and I've used it for a couple of purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

That's 3months ago. It may have changed.

Used one on all gifts and bought a voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 1 picnmix11

Hi, I was googling to find out why I couldn't transfer to PayPal anymore and I finally got it to work so I said I'd register and post in case anyone else does the same. I had €60 on a Perx card.

Logged into my husband's PayPal account and created an invoice for €60, sent to my e-mail address.

Received the PayPal invoice, selected the "Pay by Debit/Credit Card" option instead of logging in to PayPal.

Used the Perx card to pay the invoice. Additional Verification needed (six digit code to phone & confirm one recent transaction from a list, it'll be v obvious)

Husband received €57.61 after fees, which I transferred Friends & Family to my own PayPal.

So it did take a couple of Euro but at least the money is in my PayPal balance now so can send to bank.

HTH!

• Advertisement

Last payment against the Perx card was 20th Nov, according to my wallet

Advertisement