Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning a Perx reward card into cash?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭sundodger5

If it is one of the allgo digital cards. When you setup the app and click on the card to see the card number it is a six digit code that is below the card.

First year digital for us and the two setups, both ran by EML, don't link. So i cannot add any balance from last year to the new card. Pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jugapuga

Hi.

I wonder if anyone can help me.

i have got one of the Perx physical cards recently and i tried to add it to apple wallet - didnt work. Tried to pay for the hotel - didnt work, tried to purchase online at Tiffany's - didnt work.

How did you add it to Apple store balance? Because when i wanted to add to Apple Store balance - it asks me to use one of the existing cards which of course are not Perx.

is there a way now to turn the card into cash? I have read, that paypal trick does not work anymore.

My card is registered and is active. Not sure about security part which few people mentioned here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭brophs

Hey.

I’ll try my best to explain albeit I don’t have a Perx card to test it out with any more. The steps on an iPhone are:

1. Sign up for Perx account
    2. Add your card(s) to your Perx account using the add card option at the bottom of the ‘’My Cards’ page. https://perx.getmybalance.com/Card/MyCards
    3. Once the card is added you have to activate/unlock the card for online use. From memory that’s under the ‘Action’ dropdown on the My Cards page. Follow the steps to activate it for use online.
    4. Next you have to add the card as a payment method on your Apple account. Open the Settings app on your phone and tap your name.
    5. Tap Media & Purchases, then tap View Account. You may be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
    6. Tap Manage Payments.
    7. Tap Add Payment Method.    
    8. Enter the payment method details, then tap Done.
    9. It has to be the default payment method on the account otherwise when you add funds it’ll come from your usual payment method.
    10. Once it has been added as a payment method open the Apple Store app on your phone. Tap your profile picture in the top right.
    11. Tap Apple Account Balance
    12. Tap Add Money To Your Balance
    13. Enter the amount you want to add/however much is on the Perx card and click next.
    14. Double click to confirm the purchase/adding of funds
    15. Once the money has been added to your Apple Store balance check your Perx account balance at the link above at 2. Once the money has left the card you can delete the payment method from your Apple Store account and it will go back to using your previous payment method for any subsequent Apple purchases

I think that’s it.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jugapuga

Thanks.

it did not work for me for Apple.

However, I use paypal a lot, so i linked the perx card to my paypal account and was able to buy stuff and pay from my paypal / perx account. The only thing i am not sure now, if i will need a refund, money will come back to paypal and where after that? back to this card or will stay in paypal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

We are getting a bonus in work and it is being given out as a physical Perx card.

Can I add that Perx card to my AppleWallet like a debit or credit card or does it have to be a digital card in the first place?

I’ve checked the website but can’t find any mention of AppleWallet. I have emailed them too but thought no harm in asking here as well.

I’d prefer a digital card as I have a habit of losing plastic cards. It was my intention to use the bonus for groceries for however long it lasts and let my regular wages go into savings. If it is a physical card would Perx exchange it for a digital? If not, is there a way to put my Perx money into the credit union?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Are you able to pay utility bills with these?

I thought online it would just be accepted by the likes of Virgin Media/Electiric Ireland etc

• Registered Users Posts: 28,414 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Yes, once you enable the online facility. I've done exactly this, used it to pay Virgin or gas bills.

Advertisement