Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Satan running this country? (I'm not religious, but..)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,132 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

The only worthwhile thing about this thread is it brought this meisterwork to mind:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,001 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Cordell wrote:
    Of course Satan is not Marxism, but it should be clear to everyone by now that Marxism is the work of Satan.

Satan now sounds cool

• Registered Users Posts: 32,303 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The other thing this thread is missing out is what is wrong with satanism?

There is an excellent doc called "hail Satan?"
    It's very much focussed around religious freedom they seem like a mostly really decent bunch unlike a lot of religions.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Paul Lee wrote: »
    Abortion on demand is OK
    Teaching children about masturbation is OK
    People are being imprisoned for non payment of VAT while pedophiles get off free.
    Lying is acceptable (if you're of the "liberal" persuasion.)
    Speaking about mass immigration is "racist"
    Speaking about the origins of new violent trends is "racist"
    Thinking there are only two genders is some kind of crazy idea.
    Free speech is "racist" "bigoted" etc.

It's interesting that you left the whole subject of homosexuality off your otherwise comprehensive list of bad things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Paul Lee

I fully agree. That is why I don`t vote anymore, there are no suitable candidates. Even in certain referendums, I find myself precluded by the question posed.

E.g. Do you favour more liberal divorce.

Only people who favour divorce can answer yes or no to that question.

Yes. Democracy such as it was has all but died. Now we're practically China. There is only one party to choose from- and they're only getting started on the slippery slope.

It sounds like hyperbole. Market traders flourish on the ignorance of people. That's how Wall Street makes it's money. Belief in a market peaks just before a crash. Same thing applies in politics and culture. No-one will admit we're sliding into chaos. Until long after the fact has become blatantly obvious. Actually we're already there as far as I'm concerned. Go to Balbriggan- I haven't been there admittedly but they've been on the news- Gangs of "new Irish" are causing havoc there.

Don't get me wrong. It's the indigenous Irish that I'm more prejudiced against than any other group. I'm one of them so there you go. I think we Irish left on this island are in general indeed a bit thick. And a little bit evil too. I think it's a choice more than anything else. We choose to be thick and evil.

There's a saying that traders have- "Don't believe anything until it's been officially denied."

• Advertisement

Paul Lee wrote:
    Don't get me wrong. It's the indigenous Irish that I'm more prejudiced against than any other group. I'm one of them so there you go. I think we Irish left on this island are in general indeed a bit thick. And a little bit evil too. I think it's a choice more than anything else. We choose to be thick and evil.

Please define thick and evil, as I don't think I, or many irish fit this description?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,341 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Hello Satan, my old friend
    I've come to talk with you again...

Cordell wrote: »
    Of course Satan is not Marxism, but it should be clear to everyone by now that Marxism is the work of Satan.

I get it that there's no clean cut exact way to put a wrapper on what's going on and call it all by one name. That would never be the case. Best we can do is approximate. Marxism fits the bill that way.

"We're all the same" kind of idea. That's at the heart of Marxism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Satan ain't too bad if it was pazuzu I'd be worried, pazuzu is more insidious and can catch u off guard with being a creep and very cryptic.
    Satan is more into tempting you of satisfying your selfish desires and thoughts... He'll invite you to a party, while pazuzu will just kidnap your sanity and scare the bejazus out of you.
    Give me satan any day

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Please define thick and evil, as I don't think I, or many irish fit this description?

Ah yes, the classic "spend hours defining stuff for me." lark. Lefties do that all the time. No thanks. I'll leave it to you to interpret/ misinterpret any way you wish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭Cordell

"We're all the same" kind of idea. That's at the heart of Marxism.

No, it's "We're all the same where by same we mean lowest common denominator except us the elite that make the rules and if you disagree up to the force labor camp yo go", the heart of Marxism in a couple of lines.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Satan now sounds cool

Good for you. Knock yourself out.

Paul Lee wrote:
    Ah yes, the classic "spend hours defining stuff for me." lark. Lefties do that all the time. No thanks. I'll leave it to you to interpret/ misinterpret any way you wish.

So I ll go with my own interpretation, we Irish are probably of average intelligence, and evil, what the hell does that even mean

...and why mention Marxism at all, we re obviously also an average free market economy

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Fun fact:

The concept of Hell as a place where demons shove pitchforks up your hole, does not exist in the bible (or any of the chritsian texts).

In the broadest sense, "Hell" is the state of not being at one with God. This may be interpreted as being "alive" in the other realm, but not being with God, but it can also have many other possible meanings - such as simply remaining dead while believers are resurrected to everlasting life.

Nothing mentions, eternal, active torture at the hands of Satan. This imagery of fire, brimstone and physical torture, all became very popular and widespread with priests around the same time as Christianity started allowing people to buy absolution with money or labour. Funny coincidence that.

Cordell wrote: »
    No, it's "We're all the same where by same we mean lowest common denominator except us the elite that make the rules and if you disagree up to the force labor camp yo go", the heart of Marxism in a couple of lines.

Absolutely. It's all a complete farce to make the elite more powerful. Masses of slave droids are required to run the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,231 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

In other words, someone has spotted the flaw in your logic and youre not able to cover it up, so throw in the word 'leftie',, make up your own argument and ignore the one presented and thus block debate on the real issue.

And you wonder why you were banned from the other thread?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Too bad we can't go back to the good old days when the Church ran the country. No evil in anything they did

In other words, someone has spotted the flaw in your logic and youre not able to cover it up, so throw in the word 'leftie',, make up your own argument and ignore the one presented and thus block debate on the real issue.

And you wonder why you were banned from the other thread?

Ah Princess. I was waiting for you to show up. I kind of missed you to be honest. You're such fun. :)

Ah Princess. I was waiting for you to show up. I kind of missed you to be honest. You're such fun. :)

And they can also spot people posting bullsh1t.

I am

And, considering there's no reply to my point, that's the quickest debate I've ever won!!

Not even out of bed yet. Far too feckin easy...

• Advertisement

DubInMeath wrote: »
    And they can also spot people posting bullsh1t.

Opinions are fine. Arguments are better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭mikemac2

"We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one."

1 John 5:19

Spot on OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭victor8600

Satan was running the country when the Catholic church was in charge. Why else the priests and nuns committed their atrocities with the church covering for them? Is it not the Satan's plan to destroy the church?

Today the Satan is obsolete, just like the church. Hallelujah!

I am

And, considering there's no reply to my point, that's the quickest debate I've ever won!!

Not even out of bed yet. Far too feckin easy...

Well done Princess. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Is this a "I got banned from one thread so I started another thread to continue sharing my opinion thread"?

Hmm...

Is this a "I got banned from one thread so I started another thread to continue sharing my opinion thread"?

Hmm...

Yes.

OSI wrote: »
    All this thread serves to prove is that the OP has no understanding of either Marxism, or our current society. Get out more Gemma and stop hanging out with randy heroin junkies looking for their kids back.

Perhaps Yuri Bezmenov KGB defector has a better understanding of Marxism than either you or I...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

LaFuton wrote: »
    the average Catholic is a good person, i know its fashionable to attack them but they're not the enemy

the average person is a good person

LaFuton wrote: »
    OP makes perfect sense
    this is not new sadly
    yes folks, the devil is quite real and he's getting desperately powerful
    but God and Holy Mary are real too and she will crush the head of the serpent. but not without our willing support and Love.
    idle minds has let the tentacles creep across the land to pierce our children's hearts
    we are already enslaved to joyless pursuits
    countless attacks on the/our/your church going unpunished (yet) the evil one has his agents in it surely but it is them that needs removing and destruction not the whole thing
    meanwhile nobody is switching off their tv despite all that's involved in that industry
    look at poland, Hungary and other countries, they are returning to the faith and prospering for it

Michel Rodrigue (i think thats his name?) spoke recently of this, as did our own fr pat collins, something is happening and people can sense it

you would have to be a dumbass not to sense it

all the new age spirituality trending now is just Godseeking whilst trying to keep the human ego.

the average Catholic is a good person, i know its fashionable to attack them but they're not the enemy

No one attacks catholics - people attack the establishment. Important difference.

• Advertisement

No one attacks catholics - people attack the establishment. Important difference.

You are part of the new establishment. A valuable asset. For now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement