Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Satan running this country? (I'm not religious, but..)

Options
  • 09-12-2019 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

This thread is inspired by my experiences in the thread about Sex Education in Schools.

Full disclosure.... I was banned off that thread. A few lessons learned, but this subject probably needs it's own thread anyway. Ireland is entering a kind of Dark Age where:

Abortion on demand is OK
    Teaching children about masturbation is OK
    People are being imprisoned for non payment of VAT while pedophiles get off free.
    Lying is acceptable (if you're of the "liberal" persuasion.)
    Speaking about mass immigration is "racist"
    Speaking about the origins of new violent trends is "racist"
    Thinking there are only two genders is some kind of crazy idea.
    Free speech is "racist" "bigoted" etc.

Like the title says above, it's as if Satan is running the show here. There's a kind of evil in the air. It seems to be contained in Marxism. It doesn't matter what you call it really but it has the following characteristics:
    • Unaccountable Political control.
    • Centrally controlled monetary policy based on debt and infinite inflation.
    • Housing "crisis" alongside empty houses (akin to suspending gravity)
    • Laws being drafted by private elite entities and new global government organisations/ NGOs (UN, NATO, EU, Open Society (George Soros and the remaining Koch Brother) and passed without consultation.
    • Referenda being re-run when the usual suspects don't get their way.
    • New "Hate Speech" Laws (which only promote hate by suppressing dialogue).

Ireland is going to hell in a handbasket and very few seem to care. The same scenario is being played out in the US, South Africa, Sweden, France, Germany, Venezuela, Chile.

People talk a lot about things they know nothing about. It's as if we've forgotten history yet again. A fertile ground for evil.

Comments

satan doesnt exist and if you're not religious its amazing how closely yr opinions match a right wing catholic's

Say a decade of the rosary and you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Paul Lee wrote: »

People talk a lot about things they know nothing about. It's as if we've forgotten history yet again. A fertile ground for evil.

Would you include yourself in that category?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

OP you obviously missed the talk on drugs. They're bad.
    Goodnight.

Take a break from the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

satan doesnt exist and if you're not religious its amazing how closely yr opinions match a right wing catholic's

Right wing catholic ?? So I take it you don’t like catholics? How about white straight ones ? I’d say they’re even worse.... no “diversity “ there for you... just a common person then .....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭randd1

This thread is inspired by my experiences in the thread about Sex Education in Schools.

Full disclosure.... I was banned off that thread. A few lessons learned, but this subject probably needs it's own thread anyway. Ireland is entering a kind of Dark Age where:

Abortion on demand is OK
    People are being imprisoned for non payment of VAT while pedophiles get off free.

Like the title says above, it's as if Satan is running the show here. There's a kind of evil in the air. It seems to be contained in Marxism. It doesn't matter what you call it really but it has the following characteristics:
    • Laws being drafted by private elite entities and new global government organisations/ NGOs (UN, NATO, EU, Open Society (George Soros and the remaining Koch Brother) and passed without consultation.

Ireland is going to hell in a handbasket and very few seem to care. The same scenario is being played out in the US, South Africa, Sweden, France, Germany, Venezuela, Chile.

Hi Gemma!

Did they show you that warrant yet?

LillySV wrote: »
    Right wing catholic ?? So I take it you don’t like catholics? How about white straight ones ? I’d say they’re even worse.... no “diversity “ there for you... just a common person then .....

statements i made:

satan doesnt exist
    OPs views match those of a typical right wing catholic

what you presume to glean from the above beyond whats there is of minimal interest beyond as a rorschach type test of whatever it was you were itching to say anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

statements i made:

satan doesnt exist
    OPs views match those of a typical right wing catholic

what you presume to glean from the above beyond whats there is of minimal interest beyond as a rorschach type test of whatever it was you were itching to say anyway

Any more judgements of people or their religion to make? Any more negative connotations to make to someone ? If you don’t agree with someone’s opinion it’s fine to say so... it’s not fine to generalize or make an”hip” comment against a religion or a persons beliefs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Paul Lee

Thanks for your kind messages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,363 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

You sound a bit nuts to me OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

OP makes perfect sense
    this is not new sadly
    yes folks, the devil is quite real and he's getting desperately powerful
    but God and Holy Mary are real too and she will crush the head of the serpent. but not without our willing support and Love.
    idle minds has let the tentacles creep across the land to pierce our children's hearts
    we are already enslaved to joyless pursuits
    countless attacks on the/our/your church going unpunished (yet) the evil one has his agents in it surely but it is them that needs removing and destruction not the whole thing
    meanwhile nobody is switching off their tv despite all that's involved in that industry
    look at poland, Hungary and other countries, they are returning to the faith and prospering for it

Michel Rodrigue (i think thats his name?) spoke recently of this, as did our own fr pat collins, something is happening and people can sense it

you would have to be a dumbass not to sense it

all the new age spirituality trending now is just Godseeking whilst trying to keep the human ego.

the average Catholic is a good person, i know its fashionable to attack them but they're not the enemy

pauldla wrote: »
    Would you include yourself in that category?

Definitely, on many's the occasion.

Arghus wrote: »
    You sound a bit nuts to me OP.

I know. I mean, thinking that pedophiles should be severely punished. What am I thinking?

You, on the other hand are logic personified.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

it does makes sense tho, the whole thing, gotta say, imho n all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

It this part of the process of getting a taxi licence?

Your Face wrote: »
    It this part of the process of getting a taxi licence?

Do you write your own material? That's awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

LillySV wrote: »
    Any more judgements of people or their religion to make? Any more negative connotations to make to someone ? If you don’t agree with someone’s opinion it’s fine to say so... it’s not fine to generalize or make an”hip” comment against a religion or a persons beliefs

Religion is stupid.

Nothing about being "hip". Putting restrictions on yourself and how you live based on a book written by some lads 2000 (or however many years ago your particular franchise of religions book was written)years ago is stupid. Trying to limit how other people should live their lives based on your beliefs in said old book is even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭NaFirinne

If your a God Fearing Christian then yes it certainly looks like there is a satanic Spirit controlling many minds in the country today...Although pretty much the same for the rest of the world.

I suppose we can just look forward to how it all ends up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Abortion on demand is OK

You mentioned exactly (((who))) is behind it all in your post!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,726 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ireland is gone far far far left, and it's not good. So left that anyone with a different view is considered wrong and needs shutting up. Dangerous times, look at travellers, robbing and beating pensioners into submission, but you can't say a thing about it or you're a racist.
    The country is a joke, that guy who ran for Presidents got 23% of the vote for telling it like it is. 23%! and came second, second !
    This country needs a Trump.

Abortion on demand is OK.... No its not, at least in Ireland.
    Teaching children about masturbation is OK......No, it's not.
    People are being imprisoned for non payment of VAT while pedophiles get off free.......This is true, to a certain degree
    Lying is acceptable (if you're of the "liberal" persuasion.).....nah, not really. Take a look at the sheer volume of lies Trump has told that nobody cares about in any meaningful way. It's so common now that nobody bat's an eyelid. Would you class him as Liberal?
    Speaking about mass immigration is "racist"...... No. Using racist language and crass generalisations about various immigrants and the stereotypes of their races is racist. You can't say "all Africans are thieves", then start belly aching when someone calls you on your sh1t.
    Speaking about the origins of new violent trends is "racist".... Only if you incorrectly and unfairly lay those trends at the feet of other races.
    Thinking there are only two genders is some kind of crazy idea.......nah, again, a vocal minority does not reflect society at large
    Free speech is "racist" "bigoted" etc....... Nope. Racist speech is racist. You are free to say whatever you want. You are not free, however, to be immune from the consequences of what you say. Free speech isn't a 'get out of jail card' to spout your Ill informed drivel without being held accountable. People think it means they can say anything and not have to deal with the fallout. It does not.

Satan is not real. People who identify as satanic are, for the most part, taking the piss. They're using it to point out the ridiculous nature of grown ass people with the wealth of knowledge of the entirety of human history at their fingertips..... Yet still believe a 2000 Yr old zombie Jewish carpenter will save their ass if they believe in him.

The people who do believe in Satan are known as Christians

• Registered Users Posts: 28,848 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Ireland is gone far far far left, and it's not good. So left that anyone with a different view is considered wrong and needs shutting up. Dangerous times, look at travellers, robbing and beating pensioners into submission, but you can't say a thing about it or you're a racist. The country is a joke, that guy who ran for Presidents got 23% of the vote for telling it like it is. 23%! and came second, second ! This country needs a Trump.

Hahaha, gone to the far left! Ffs! Pbp is probably as far left as we have, and there's not a chance they'll ever be in power. Trump and casey are idiots, we certainly don't need either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Definitely, on many's the occasion.

Well you should; your first two points certainly look like you are not well-informed (abortion on demand? Teaching children about masturbation?). Didn't stop you from taking to Boards though, did it...? :)

Abortion on demand is OK.... No its not, at least in Ireland.
    Teaching children about masturbation is OK......No, it's not.
    People are being imprisoned for non payment of VAT while pedophiles get off free.......This is true, to a certain degree
    Lying is acceptable (if you're of the "liberal" persuasion.).....nah, not really. Take a look at the sheer volume of lies Trump has told that nobody cares about in any meaningful way. It's so common now that nobody bat's an eyelid. Would you class him as Liberal?
    Speaking about mass immigration is "racist"...... No. Using racist language and crass generalisations about various immigrants and the stereotypes of their races is racist. You can't say "all Africans are thieves", then start belly aching when someone calls you on your sh1t.
    Speaking about the origins of new violent trends is "racist".... Only if you incorrectly and unfairly lay those trends at the feet of other races.
    Thinking there are only two genders is some kind of crazy idea.......nah, again, a vocal minority does not reflect society at large
    Free speech is "racist" "bigoted" etc....... Nope. Racist speech is racist. You are free to say whatever you want. You are not free, however, to be immune from the consequences of what you say. Free speech isn't a 'get out of jail card' to spout your Ill informed drivel without being held accountable. People think it means they can say anything and not have to deal with the fallout. It does not.

Satan is not real. People who identify as satanic are, for the most part, taking the piss. They're using it to point out the ridiculous nature of grown ass people with the wealth of knowledge of the entirety of human history at their fingertips..... Yet still believe a 2000 Yr old zombie Jewish carpenter will save their ass if they believe in him.

The people who do believe in Satan are known as Christians

You disagree. Thats fine. So why do we need hate speech laws?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Is Paul Lee a Gemma O'Doherty sleeper account?

Teaching children about masturbation is OK...... who is?

and honestly, it seems like a good idea to me. We got enough of catholic guilt the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

The sad thing about the OP post is he is not a troll ( most likely ) and is genuinely sincere about his beliefs and opinions.

It could be confirmation bias, I get a huge amount of cooking and recipes sent to me 'suggested for you' because I look up a lot of cooking-related items recipes.

The OP at this stage has probably been bombarded with 'suggested you' by evey conspiracy theorist, right-wing groups, religious groups, videos explaining how news is manipulated and how the others has taken over the world, the others being the 'lefty liberals'.

The thing is its never explained what the motivation of the liberals is, why are they doing it?

Religion is stupid.

Nothing about being "hip". Putting restrictions on yourself and how you live based on a book written by some lads 2000 (or however many years ago your particular franchise of religions book was written)years ago is stupid. Trying to limit how other people should live their lives based on your beliefs in said old book is even worse.

I'm not a believer but I'd call myself a secular Christian. I do have a desire to believe in God even if I can't quite buy in. If we cant look to the transcendent then we're genuinely screwed. It turns out that we need God whether he's real or allegory. Civilisation depends on it in a very real way. Why does just about every culture on the planet believe in a God? It turns out to be Darwinian selection. Down through history- don't follow God, then you don't get to pass on your genes.

Don't shoot the messenger- I'm just quoting scientific researchers such as Michael Woodley and Edward Dutton. It makes sense too if you think about it. And we can see the results of deviating from that, reading from the list above which isn't exhaustive by any means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,848 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I'm not a believer but I'd call myself a secular Christian. I do have a desire to believe in God even if I can't quite buy in. If we cant look to the transcendent then we're genuinely screwed. It turns out that we need God whether he's real or allegory. Civilisation depends on it in a very real way. Why does just about every culture on the planet believe in a God? It turns out to be Darwinian selection. Down through history- don't follow God, then you don't get to pass on your genes.

Don't shoot the messenger- I'm just quoting scientific researchers such as Michael Woodley and Edward Dutton. It makes sense too if you think about it. And we can see the results of deviating from that, reading from the list above which isn't exhaustive by any means.

say wha? so i cant have sex and reproduce?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement