Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions Cup 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Breezer wrote: »
    Anyone using Now TV have an issue with the stream?

All good for me.

Solid start by Racing just by not getting rattled in the opening exchanges. Stuck to their plan, set up their rucks and cleared lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Breezer wrote: »
    Anyone using Now TV have an issue with the stream?
    Fine on my end.
    It's on Channel 4 too if that's any help.

Can see the difference a good maul makes. Wigglesworth couldn't get the box kick away when planned and had to wait until the ruck where he had two chasers in his face. Chase from Saracens was far more isolated than last week.

Think we're seeing a significant difference in Saracens levels of intensity and focus. It's going to be very hard to replicate the emotion and effort again for a second week.

They're just not as sharp as they were last week. Itoje was stepped there in the defensive line by an opposition forward. Vunipola spilling a pass too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Got it working, my router was doing strange things. Cheers.

• Advertisement

Good starts for the two Irish lads. Zebo popping up around the field. Got hammered taking a restart there but took it and presented the ball cleanly.

Again, can see the heavier legs for Saracens. Russell could clear it into the other half under little pressure compared to the energy previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Needlessly dodgy tackle by Thomas but at least he looks up for it.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,378 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Good decision nigel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Someone pinned for not using the ball.
    Get those lottery picks in lads....

I wonder was language an issue there for Iribaren. Clearly told to use twice and never showed more urgency.

• Advertisement

Last week was all about the box kick. This week is all about the diagonal grubber. Looks like Saracens think they can expose the Racing back three.

Great turnover from Racing but Vakatawa and Ryan won't enjoy seeing the replay of them failing to clear out a winger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

That penalty call from Nige on Koch was a real headscratcher.... I've seen players "supporting their weight" like that all the time...
    He's made a few mad calls... I think he needs to let the game flow a bit more...

That penalty call from Nige on Koch was a real headscratcher.... I've seen players "supporting their weight" like that all the time...
    He's made a few mad calls... I think he needs to let the game flow a bit more...

I think it was the fact that he was also latched on prior to Rhodes going to deck. It made any competition impossible.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,378 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

They gave that last kick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

He picks and chooses when he wants to call things like that. It happens all game and will continue to happen but he ignores the vast majority.

He made a mess of the last penalty there too, he didn’t clearly communicate what was happening so Rhodes had to hold on. No sympathy for him after last week nor Sarries as Itoje tried to disrupt the maul hence the loose ball in the first place.

Engrossing game going largely how I thought.

The benches will have a say yet and you'd have to think Racing are better placed there. Some very sloppy errors from both sides. Racing certainly happier with how it's going in terms of it being stop start and they've managed to negate Saracens scrum.

Claasens has been brilliant under the high ball and Wigglesworth isn't having near the same influence he had last week. Daly is playing very well and they're clearly going after the Racing back three. Racing doing a very good job on shutting down Vunipola and Barritt.

Owens probably the most prominent man on the field. He's giving every area a stern examination, whistling for a lot of things we don't see too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Finding the stop-start a little frustrating, it not like a wet ball or breeze to contend with. Should have been a better game, maybe 2nd half will be a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Buer wrote: »
    Engrossing game going largely how I thought.

The benches will have a say yet and you'd have to think Racing are better placed there. Some very sloppy errors from both sides. Racing certainly happier with how it's going in terms of it being stop start and they've managed to negate Saracens scrum.

Claasens has been brilliant under the high ball and Wigglesworth isn't having near the same influence he had last week. Daly is playing very well and they're clearly going after the Racing back three. Racing doing a very good job on shutting down Vunipola and Barritt.

Owens probably the most prominent man on the field. He's giving every area a stern examination, whistling for a lot of things we don't see too often.

it is turning into a bit of the "Nige Show" though...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

The music Racing are pumping in is pretty annoying...

Big change in the attitude of Saracens since the break.

Racing will need to absorb and respond or the game will slip away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

aloooof wrote: »
    The music Racing are pumping in is pretty annoying...

Someone hit the play button just there

Racing losing their focus. Stupid pass by Russell when his winger had three men on him. Iribaren panics and box kicks with nobody organised and then takes the man in the air himself.

Barritt gives them a reprieve before Russell and Zebo make a mess of things and give up 70m.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭tbm

Hospital pass there from Russell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

This is Sars game, by a margin.

tbm wrote: »
    Hospital pass there from Russell.

Second hospital pass in two minutes from him. Zebo should have done better though too.

This is very reminiscent of the opening quarter last week. Saracens have taken the intensity to another level and Racing are completely rattled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

That offload from Vunipola was miles forward??

BT commentary horribly biased. "Wigglesworth clearly held back there."

No, Wigglesworth clearly ran across Ryan to make sure he couldn't get to the carrier. Smart play but he certainly isn't the one wronged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

That’s awful. Sarries player miles offside when Racing had momentum

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭conor678

Sarries playing miles off side. Big Billy was well off side at that last racing attack

• Advertisement

Owens making a. Mess of a couple of calls.

You know when a referee uses the phrase "For me" before explaining his decision, he knows he thinks he got it wrong.

Used it twice in 3 minutes there.

Advertisement