Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,874 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

A slightly simpler way for you might be if he creates and sends you a payment link. It should avoid the AIB security going crazy when it sees a Revolut IBAN

If he goes into Transfers and hits New there's an option to create a payment link to request money

He then sends you the link, you open it and it'll allow you to input your AIB card details and it'll charge your card

I've done this once before when a direct transfer was misbehaving, it's a little tricky but if the guy is beside you then you can just step through it

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 28,418 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Bit late to be telling us, in fairness. Strange language to be using “standing orders”, different to the terminology used within the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Tow

Standing Orders is the proper banking term for scheduled repeating payments.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

This is a communication to customers, not a banking industry document. They should use consistent terminology in their communication to customers as they use in the app. How am I supposed to know that this communication about standing orders refers to my scheduled transfers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Maybe so but they don't call or refer to them as such in their own app and help guides. The point being made from my reading of his comment was the lack of consistency in the communication.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭apache

They are really trying to sell their credit card. Getting lots of reminders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Qrt

It absolutely grinds my gears the way revolut avoid using the term. They’re not reinventing the wheel!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Yeah I'm trying to apply after having my salary paid direct to my Revolut account for a few months and now it's saying I can only link my AIB, BOI or PTSB account?

It never used to say that?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

It's just the generic term we use, but we actually sell products. Just like you can't buy "A Car", you have to by a brand, the same with banks, you buy a service which might be or include standing orders and how they name the product is up to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,874 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Same, i've been on the waitlist since day 1, but yet other people i know who never applied, and don't even have premium or metal, can apply right now.

So much for looking after customers.

How often do you complain to them? I think complainers get it first to keep them off their support chats. 🙃

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭jj880

I got offered to apply for credit card on July 31st. Im on standard and have started a support chat maybe twice since getting revolut.

Just as Im typing this got a 5 day left reminder to apply. Maybe as Im not metal or one of the paid tiers they want to make more money on me with a credit card...

So then they need to be consistent in their terminology, and not use different terminology in the app and in their email communications.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

I've applied now a couple of times and been rejected without any explanation.

Only want it as current CC that I have is a pain trying to pay every month from Revolut.

I'm on the premium plan but that has made little difference and I also get wages paid directly into Revolut.

Was on to customer service but they couldn't do anything as the process is run by bots, AI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

I take it nobody got the paying AIB credit card bill from Revolut problem sorted yet? Real pain in the ar*e.

Nope I try every few weeks and happened to try there on the 8th and getting returned transactions to the 3 known AIB Visa IBANS ending in

[international] 92

[generic] 76

[domestic] 60

So they still haven't figured out how to fix it or don't care about fixing it.

Not sure how true it is but I read here I think that you need your salary paid into a linked account for at least 3 months.

I am approaching that now so need to reapply, I pay my card in full every month and fortunately my mortgage isn't a massive chunk of my net pay so on normal circumstances I should get approved. We'll see I suppose

I intend to replace my BOI one if I get approved and the credit limit is sufficient (is only €7k and I never go anywhere near it).

Has anyone here actually got a Revolut credit card issued in Ireland?

The software is not doing anything terrible impressive, just apply some basic rules. Check out your CCR report, have your monthly salary paid into the account and all ways operate the accounts within the terms agreed with the bank.

I've seen a few more recent ones that do a bit of social media analysis to check financial responsibility, but there is not much behind them. For instance if you start advocating this Sovereign Citizen crap and start talking about your trust fund managed by the government, you'll make everyone's black list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Tow

Almost 30 years ago CC approval systems were doing more than that. They would take postal address into account. More controversely rate people by their name and count the number of syllables in names etc. Suff which was on dodgy legal grounds back then, what ever about now!

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

I get paid into my Revolut, its now my main bank, pay my cc fully off at end of each month and still no joy.

I even tried the loans, even though I don't need one at the moment and still got declined.

Its a funny old system.

And what does your CCR report say? No bank is going to tell you the internal rules and method they use to assess customers for access to credit products, because some people would then be able to game the system. All I can do is try and give you some pointers base on the fact I have designed such systems in the past for mainland European banks.

For the most part, there are only a few sources of information they can access to make their decision:

• Their experience of you using their products and service
    • Your CCR report which is in fact EU wide
    • Your association with a third party that they don't want to do business with

If you are satisfied that there is no reason for concern with how you are operating their products and services, then I'd dig into the CCR report. A couple things to keep in mind here, the way it is being implemented is that newer data was added first, with the requirement to add older day at various later stages, so it could mean that even if you had a clear report a couple of months ago, some issues may have been added. And of course that financial institutions have access to this information across the EU, so if you happen to have lived there the same applies - old data could have been added.

If you don't find anything in the CCR report, then I'm out of ideas. I suppose it's possible that you could be associated with someone that has a bad record with Revolut, but given the way they do business, I'd find it hard to imagine they have the ability to do that kind of analysis.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I've been on a waiting list for a credit card since they launched, still nothing. Little frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,267 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Is there yearly stamp duty on the Revolut credit card?

Ignore this. There is. €30 per year.

The thing I dont get with being declined for a card when there doesn't appear to be any legitimate reason is that the decision is made by the system in a matter of seconds based off a handful of questions (unlike a traditional app form with loads of questions).

Don't think I've seen anyone on this thread actually get a Revolut card either.

I've no reason to have anything negative on my credit report but might order one to see, think it's pretty cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

It's actually free, just need to upload some bits and bobs first

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Think that was me who mentioned the 3 months’ salary. Just to clarify that was my own experience, no idea how Revolut determine it.

Originally declined after two salary payments to Revolut. Applied again after my third and approved.

Woohoo! Congrats lol

Think this month's will be third salary being credited to Revolut although last time I checked I couldn't see where to say Revolut was my main bank.

Did you proceed with getting a card, did they offer you a decent limit if you don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement

So, not sure what I was doing but just applied now and it was approved :)

Credit card limit offered was pretty low at 4k (I have €7k with BOI). Probably ok still as never go near the existing limit, might go close to it temporarily while long haul booking flights and hotels etc. Could just put money on to credit card so available credit is ok.

Tend to use the credit card for better buyer protection vs a debit card (if there's even a difference these days re charge backs).

Anyone else got a higher limit straight off the bat?

Advertisement