Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭OrangeLavender

You could set up your Revolut card on Google Pay for contactless transactions. These don't count towards that 150 limit from my experience.

Excellent, must send you a few split bills! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Has anybody actualy managed to get off the Credit Card Waitlist and was able to apply for the card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

My revolut account has been restricted until I provide documents to account for the money that went through my account in 2022. Has anyone had this issue? It's not a massive amount of money but it seems like it will be a pain in the arse.

Revolut is not my main bank and my wages get paid into PTSB, I then transfer money to revolut to spend. Other transactions would be money from friends etc for various things. It's a handy way to swap money.

Has anyone else had this issue and successfully resolved it?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yes, resolved it by giving them the documents they requested. They obligated to collect proof of funds to satisfy AML regulations just like every financial institute in Europe/UK does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I applied in the app a few minutes ago and was approved a credit limit of €8K which was more than my previous limit (I don't care about such things). It is a Visa credit card if that matters.

I have six days to decide if I want to proceed. However what I can't find out is a) is this an Irish or Lithuanian-issued credit card or b) do they charge a fee for non-euro transactions

One would assume it's Revolut Bank UAB so whatever it is, it will attract stamp duty (because that goes by place of residence and not wherever the card is irish/non irish) and needs to be reported to the CCR. So does not really matter if it's "irish" or not.

Hopefully they give you a link to the full terms and conditions including the required information so that you can make a decision if you want it.

Well I got on the chat and the guy on the other end told me that it would be an American issued card!!! I had to point out to him that just because Visa is an American company that it does not follow that it would be an American credit card and that Visa don't issue cards directly in Europe anyway. He then sends me some other guff about America which completely misses the point.

My second question has been answered to say that it is a multi-currency card and will auto-convert the balance to the currency being spent at the best available rate. So I assume that the agent has cut and pasted a response from their ordinary card FAQ.

Revolut's CS team do NOT instil me with confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭beachhead

Don't you pay for each credit card held with different providers? If you have multiple credit cards with Revolut then it will be one charge-it's a charge per account regardless of the number of cards on the account.Payable next month and annually.Get a closure letter from AIB

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

To the lads applying, did they send you an email or notification in the app.

Am on the wait list but can't see where to actually apply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,378 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The charge is due on each credit card account. The year for this purpose ends on April 1st and if you switch card provider during the year, you can close one account, open another and avoid being charged twice.

As beachhead said above, you need to get a letter of closure from AIB.

Very specifically - if you want to avoid paying the duty twice, you need to close your AIB credit card account on or before April 1st. AIB will apply the levy and when they do, ask them for a letter of closure. You then send that letter to Revolut, it will show that you have paid the levy for the year ending April 1st so Revolut will not charge you again.

If you have both accounts active on the night of April 1st, you will have to pay the levy twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Short story, Revolut offered me Premium free for 2 months, ordered me the metal debit card that was offered. Didn’t need either but now I have a €20 bill to cancel premium because I ordered the card.

any solution to avoid this?

they offer the standard plan at 3/4 € per month but wonder will I get caught there too?

didn’t have my thinking cap on when the sneaky ****ers offered the card, underhanded if you ask me

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Still only see this in the app, won't let me apply for a credit card yet.

Maybe the AI has determined that you have not referred enough friends yet to move of the waitlist?

But yes, it seems they are releasing just a few a day from the various waitlists instead of one big bang.

I got of the waitlist for joint account very quickly, same for pay later and loans but credit cards are taking significant longer than expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

For those that have gotten a credit card can you have other card holders on the account?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Maybe, I've only referred two people to Revolut and both occasions I didn't get the cash bring offered, presumably as the other people didn't fulfil the T&Cs?

Hopefully I'll be able to apply for a joint account and credit card soon enough. Can't wait to ditch the Irish banks in full.

Got a push that THB und UAH no longer have additional fees for being an uncommon currency.

This might be for all customers or just some, please check your own fee pages before deciding to use use Revolut for these currencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Went to apply for a credit card and disappointed to see they wont't allow you to link an N26 account as the account you are paid into as proof of funds.

Don't suppose anyone knows if they've said anything about allowing in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭nomoedoe

I went to apply for one this morning and i have a current account with the credit union it wont allow me to link that account either

• Advertisement

At the moment you can only link

• AIG
    • Bank of Ireland
    • PTSB *
    • Ulster Bank

* PTSB for some users will not show the salary transaction correctly and instead display the sender as the account owner creating an issue with salary validation especially when the Salary might vary due to bonus, expenses etc.

Obviously Revolut wants you to use the account as your current account and not for gaining miles or cash advances so I don't think they are going to add other smaller providers even with open banking making the way through the rest of Irish providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Two months free Premium for being a loyal 5 yr old!

along with that came a message that I could apply for the metal card. I thought nothing of it at the time

A change in how the netting works...

Effective May I think.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

So we can take it that you did not pay attention and actually agreed to the charge? If on the other hand the T&C did not include the charge you can challenge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,773 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I see Revolut will be offering car insurance here in the coming weeks....

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Im thinking to switchy CC to Revolut.My current CC has 1k limit wich is very low but I only use it for emergency and its paid off every month.Let say if I apply for Revolut CC and they decide to give me 5k limit can I lower it to 1k ?

I couldnt find answer anywhere on Rev site.

Im with PTSB but they have awful mobile banking app so I usually transfer 200-300 every week for day2day expenses.

TIA

I completed by Revolut CC application earlier. Very straightforward. I just needed to forward a tax document with my PPSN and acknowledge two agreements and it was done.

I just did a test purchase for a small amount with Amazon UK. I said that my card was in Sterling (as I always do for Revolut with Amazon). I can confirm that there is no fee for non-euro transactions and the exchange rate used was the the same as their existing debit card.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'm interested in their insurance, I found this on their website.

Interestingly, their insurance partners aren't in Ireland.

5. Our insurance partners

At present our insurance partners are:

• Insurance agent simplesurance GmbH, address: Am Karlsbad 16 10785 Berlin, Germany, email address: sales@simplesurance.de (underwritten by non-life Insurance company Allianz Global Assistance, AWP P&C S.A. – Dutch branch, address Poeldijkstraat 4, 1059 VM, Amsterdam, email address: info@allianz-assistance.nl).

We may update the list of our insurance partners from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭timmyntc

The financial app has claimed that its products will be up to 30 per cent cheaper than what is already on the market

If this is true they will clean up

• Advertisement

This is another way to make sure you stay within the Revolut Ecosystem because if you close your revolut account you lose your insurance.

Advertisement