Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Same as their loans (which this new product effectively is)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

And I love how it's 499€ maximum to stay under the 500€ reporting requirement to the Governments snoopers CCR.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Is there a way to save a reference on a transfer? With KBC when I go to pay my AIB credit card it saves my card number as the reference. With Revolut it defaults to “Sent from Revolut”.

Minor inconvenience I know but just wondering am I missing a setting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

It's attached to a single purchase so more like a credit card service, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I'd assume it'll be like Klarna where they pay for the item and you then pay them back. I believe Klarna is interest free for the 3 months with no upper purchase limit and no requirement to link bank accounts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Just delete sent from revolut and write in whatever you want

Oh sorry I know I can do this, but was wondering is there a way to save the reference so I don’t have to manually enter it every time.

With KBC when I go to make a bank transfer to AIB it has my card number saved in the reference field so I don’t have to grab the card and fill it in.

I know it’s a small nitpick but was just wondering if I missed an option or setting to save references.

Sure. I just meant it’s a credit facility so similar to how they require a linked account to apply for a loan

It won’t be something I’ll be availing of

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,692 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Not sure if anyone experienced this

Mrs Gunner paid money to her nephew who has Junior card linked to his mothers card. Money was sent but never received. Money was not taken from account. Nephew got a link but when he clicked it said it was claimed and now when she checks some random person(not in her contacts has claimed this)

Revolut said that the only way she can claim this is contact user asking them to return, but she does not know this user?She wants to know how it happened in case it happens again and wondering if fraudulent claim and can it be refunded, Revolut gone radio silence on this

Anyone experience this and what did they do or how can it happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I'll be heading to France during the week and intend on using my Revolut as the primary card for purchasing and ATM withdrawals etc.

Can someone advise if I am to initiate the location based security for this to take effect whilst over there?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I usually turn it off by default anyways. It can cause some issues. If you’re safety conscious try leaving it on and seeing how it goes. If there’s issues, then switch it off

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Thanks. Can't remember the last time I used it to withdraw cash and was unsure of the setup.

I'll take your lead and just freeze the card after each transaction which is my normal practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,626 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

If you find your last transaction, then choose “send again” , it will pick up the reference again. Bit clunky, especially if you haven’t paid into that account for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭feargantae

I know my credit card number off by heart from having to re-enter the number manually each time!! You could also use the likes of SwiftKey on your phone to save your cc number to the clipboard to something like "card" and it'll auto-fill your details. That's if you're comfortable with Microsoft having your card number in the cloud ofc!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭feargantae

Unrelated but I'm curious how Klarna judge credit limit, since there's no outright credit check. Is it a case of the more you use it/pay on time, the bigger your limit is? I've never bought anything more than €500 from them, but I'm curious now cos that seems to be the limit I have with them rn. Revolut Pay Later is a bit cac in comparison!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭beachhead

ATM owner will charge for Revolut cash withdrawals in Spain,prob same in France.Example e100 withdrawal costing between e1.70 and e2.25 Never had a problem using my card there.France in August visit.

To be fair, most ATM withdrawals in those countries aren’t free for most cards. It isn’t a Revolut charge

I turn off location services as some shops will have set ups that route their payments through a centralised processor which may not be where you are. Happened a couple of my mates who tipped me off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭beachhead

Not sure when these ATM charges came in but were free once upon a time.I disregard the "private" ATMs in my comment i.e. not directly connected to a main retail bank.I also,refer to a time before Revolut etc arrived on the scene.It was also,possible in AD 0000 to top up your credit card with cash before and not pay your Irish bank a withdrawal fee.I can't remember the foreign bank charging either.My credit card account has a helpful warning which top ups before travel do not allow free cash withdrawals anymore-stopped doing yrs ago,anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Guys my boss has revolut and he can tap his iphone (without apple pay) and pay using a virtual card. (Think he has to double press the lock button)

Is this feature available for android?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,701 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes I have Google Pay setup on mine, phone needs to have NFC in order for it to work.

I'm aware of Google Pay, but just looking at the way my boss has his iphone setup, he is not using Apple pay, its the revolut app itself that scans for the terminal. Just wondered if this is possible on Android also

• Registered Users Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I think they're asking if tap and pay can be set up directly from the Revlout app without a 3rd party. (I.e. Apple or Google Pay) As far as I am aware on Google side, no. You have to go through Google pay in order to use your phone's NFC chip at a contactless pay point.

That's exactly what I was asking. Looks like I will have to setup Google pay, Thank you

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

The Boon app allows direct NFC payment from Android devices, so I'm sure Revolut could too. The sheer number of different Android devices to support probably makes it impractical though.

He must be using Apple Pay because Apple don’t let other payment apps have access to the NFC. They’re currently being investigated by the EU over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

delete post (Revolut doesn't do the currencies I need)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,021 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Revolut postcode.

I was getting message my cards were going to expire and to order free new one. The postcode error kept coming up. I tried changing it a few times and nothing.

I think I put in lower case with no gap and it worked. Strange as it came up as upper case in my profile. Same postcode with no gap that I tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

So what's the best method for foreign currencies?

Just use the card for purchases over there? Do you have to convert the funds in your account to the currency first or does it do it automatically?

Do you get 200 euro free ATM withdrawal abroad too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

It'll do it automatically from your EUR wallet.

Transact on a weekend and there's a little extra fee included to cover fluctuations and the currency markets being closed.

If you transfer before you transact, you lock in the exchange rate.

Not sure of the answer to the ATM question as I don't use cash.

Advertisement