Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

It just got a mention on RTE Drivetime now, it must be a widespread issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

It's not that bad, it's only some sign-in issues, inability to process internal transfers (from revolut to revolut) and currency exchange.

If you have enough funds in the currency you are using to pay via card or transfer externally you are fine, spending or withdrawing works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,708 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Revolut to Revolut transfers are an important feature, particularly within families.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Narrowed down my problem.Sorry if this has been discussed further back.But I can't top up my Revolut from my BOI account.It goes through the motions on my phone, linking to Revolut to BOI app, asking for pins and the rest and logging me in and then just....stops.Nothing happens and it tells me it has failed (and BOI send texts wanting to lock my account when I try a few times).

Anyone know how to fix this?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Top up using Google pay, never had a problem with it using my boi card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,952 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Likewise I use my Boi visa debit. Usually instant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Are you inputting the correct pin (the one sent to you by BoI by txt). I have a problem in that I don't receive the txt from BoI initially & have to request it be resent.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

@Gooser14 yes it linked to my BOI app on my phone, so it automatically goes to enter user number, PIN, DOB.Then it tells me to swipe to approve a transfer of money into Revolut from the account, brings me to my account and then nothing happens.Then it says failed.

I added my Visa debit to Revolut there today so I guess I will just use that instead.Bit annoying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭horse7

I used my card for €80 today without my pin,I thought the limit was €50? Ps I didn't swipe it , just put it in the slide in position and before I could put the pin in the payment was accepted.

Slightly confused, did you swipe the back magnet, insert the chip or float the card over the terminal? Only the very last option is subject to a €50 limit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Most people use their debit card. It is quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭feargantae

Anyone any experience using the travel insurance as part of Revolut Premium or Metal? A metal sub for the year is just barely more than a quote i have for travel insurance for a 2 month trip so I'm considering it but wondering if there's any ts&cs i might be missing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭horse7

Inserted for pin

Interesting. I'd try to put it into an ATM and see if the machine asks for a PIN, if not you obviously need to set it up. I've heard of Google pay (back of Android phone) going above €50 but never tried it myself and certainly not a card. . But it's an obvious security concern that if you can pay anything without a PIN or a CVV2 so can anybody else who gets a hold of your card.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I updated apps today and I'm Revolut was one. It is version 8.56.

Later I got a notification from Huawei app gallery to say update Revolut to 8.67..

I never update Huawei stuff but that seems strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭jos_kel

Hi, I'm currently a KBC Account holder,

I've setup a revolut account today. I have a few questions.

1. Looking for IBAN so I can give it to employers. (Account Details says 'Coming Soon', I guess account setup still in process).
    2. Will Revolut switch all my standing orders and Direct Debits, or is that some necessary pain I'll have to go through, notifying Electricity Ireland, Bord Gais etc.
    3. With KBC I had 3 Accounts, to help segregate money for various reasons. Doesn't seem possible to have more than 1 account with Revolut.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 12,519 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Got an email and app message about my physical standard card needing to be replaced when I go through the app to renew enter a new pin and it then comes up with error message saying "we are sorry something has gone wrong please try again later" been like that for the last 3.days. Anyone encounter this issue?

1. You'll get a Lithuanian IBAN under your account details next to add money or by going to your profile pic in the top left corner and to all accounts>euro

2. You need to change your own direct debits.

3. You can use the vaults

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Mine worked fine for me and I received the card.

I notice you mentioned entering a new pin? I was just asked to enter my pin and I used the same one if that makes any difference?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Shot in the dark here but when this happened me I had to go to my profile and edit my address to change my post code from 0000 to my actual eircode

• Advertisement

Thanks I it's not the pin but must check the address as I had DUB in as postcode. But I think I might have found the issue I have never activated my existing card perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭tmh106

How long does it take to get a new Revoult account and virtual card? I have a trip outside the EU in a little over a week's time and I was thinking a revoult account/card would be handy to avoid the commission charge with the mainstream banks. If I apply today or Monday would it be setuop by Monday next week (20th)? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Virtual card is instant.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyine having issues paying for say a chipper with Revolut where they use the Stripe interface?

Get the approval thing in the Revolut app but then the stripe page hangs...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Thank you so much! you were spot on with regards the address I put in proper eircode and saved it on the app and it allowed me to order a replacement card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

There must be a lot of new subscribers coming from KBC and Ulster Bank. I'm still using it for daily banking but I don't have any direct debits and I wouldn't be lumping my savings there or having any of my income directly deposited there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

I use it more or less as daily bank, but just keep a set amount and when below 50 I add 100 in via auto top up, if i know something big is to come out then i add that amount in

I have a EBS Moneymanager and normal Credit union then

Gave up on revolut for bills, the usual suspects wont take the IBAN no matter what I try or say or if they say they will and then money not taken etc

Mymilkman, panda and eflow i just use the visa card from revolut and small bills anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I have it as my only account now for about 3 months. No issues with any of the direct debits taking the foreign IBAN. Salary goes in and the lot.

Advertisement