Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trevor Deely case - new witness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

The above two posts are I think reasonable. I agree that a conspiracy theory along the lines of "well here we are in Bucks for our annual 'criminals of D2' night out and theres them Bank of Ireland Management fellas on the beer, I heard the young red haired fella has the codes and secret passwords, let's follow him" is not credible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Ive said it since the start if this thread that it has something to do with the type of criminality in the area. That guy i would say is known to AGS and they have him narrowed down to a handful of people as to who it might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,336 ✭✭✭✭noodler

20Wheel wrote: »
    Well Jesus.

They may have perceived/assumed him to have some quantity of money. For some reason or other. Maybe targeting his phone was part of the reason.

The theory is that he was targeted, for one reason or other. Probably a few.
    I suspect they knew his normal route. And that he was destined to walk that way due to the taxi strike, and closing/finishing up hours.
    Fair to assume a few drinks on him too. Coming from a club.

It fits better than anything you've offered. Don't say it doesn't, it does.

Oh and in response to your earlier... Lol.... Question.

"If his/her two party stalking/mugging theory is true why did they just stop with Trevor".

Because they killed him. Duh.

Great 10,000th post.

Wow, knew his normal route, so it was planned for days now, was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Field east

Day Lewin wrote: »
    ah now...even if a person has a "normal route" he takes that road every day, to and from work.
    Not at 4 a.m.
    To KNOW this, about a person at night, you'd have to have stalked him by day.
    And really there's nothing at all about poor Trevor Deely to suggest that he was stalked or was in any way of interest to anyone (I mean, unusually) until the night he disappeared.

The "pimp" theory about MIB is more more likely, or at least, less unlikely.
    Right there on that stretch of canal bank. A traditional centre for sex work, even now.
    In fact, re-viewing the CCTV, he might have been waiting for his girl, looking out for business, and propositioned Trevor, offering services. The "colleagues" too, maybe. Not many customers around, that wet night: but these were guys coming from a nightclub and might have been in the mood.
    Wouldn't explain why he followed Trevor - if he did - maybe took offense at a refusal? Or thought T might have a wallet on him?

Nothing here to say what really happened - it is just my guesswork, of course:
    but this scenario really isn't impossible: knowing that there were organised crime interests running sex work and drugs in the area at the time (and that part, at least, is known fact)
    If TD ended up in the Dodder that is the end of that . The only outstanding question is how did he end up there. Was he pushed/ thrown in ,did he accidentally fall in or was it ‘self inflicted’.
    If not the above then somebody/s ‘interfered ‘with him causing his demise. Given the rough night that was in it, the taxi strike , and the fact that nobody , if any of them had an intention of doing business /causing harm to TD, would have been aware of TD movements - especially at that time, IMO it would quiet impossible for one person to get TD attention, get him to an area where he can ‘control’ him, eventually kill him, maybe drag the body to temporally hide it, move it to a more permanent location and finally ‘bury’ it.
    If the above roughly what happened then I find it impossible that it was all done by one person and that nobody else was directly involved, saw , heard or was told nothing about it.

Of course, there is a third possibility and that is that he is stilll alive and I sincerely hope that is the case

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Mods can cut the charades and just wrap it up for all I care.

MOD Dont post in this thread again, if you do it will be a forum ban!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Well this has gone down hill rapidly.

Mostly thanks to you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

Anyone who heard the interview on Newstalk yesterday knows the family are reading this nonsense and want it to stop.

Thread should be deleted like the other one. Not sure why is hasn’t been

• Registered Users Posts: 15,121 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Anyone who heard the interview on Newstalk yesterday knows the family are reading this nonsense and want it to stop.

I don't think it has got a bats**t crazy as the last one thankfully.

Most posters seem to have an open mind on it and are not pushing any off the wall theories with regards to what Trevor may or may not have done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

I don't think it has got a bats**t crazy as the last one thankfully.

Most posters seem to have an open mind on it and are not pushing any off the wall theories with regards to what Trevor may or may not have done.

Yeh I'd totally agree. To be fair I think all most of us are doing is discussing the latest media publications about the case and what it may mean in the overall context.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

I think the guards could be more clear about what they think happened.

It might give someone with real info the push they need.

Everything here is speculation but its a forum and what else would it be if you were not involved.

My 2 cents, theres 1 MIB, TD was abducted moments after the CCTV at Milanos by MIB and whoever he was on the phone with. Why? Who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

If the MIB are the 2 different people,how likely is it that the 2 of them followed TD.

What are the chances of 2 similar men being "seen" watching or following him.
    Thats why i think MIB is the same person caught twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Have you reported it ? Report to a mod if you feel that way. Not sure in the logic of posting on a thread that you want deleted to be deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 13,744 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I'm sorry , but when TD is in the news with pleas for information about him from AGS and the family it's a bit disingenuous to be complaining about an internet forum discussing the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Even if thread is closed the discussion will just continue on reddit.
    Anyway, this new witness still has added nothing to it.

dubstarr wrote: »
    If the MIB are the 2 different people,how likely is it that the 2 of them followed TD.

What are the chances of 2 similar men being "seen" watching or following him.
    Thats why i think MIB is the same person caught twice.

If they are different men then the guy at BOIAM is not watching or following Trevor.

He's just at the gate of the office.

He talks to Trevor alright, but he also talks to Trevor's colleagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

If they are different men then the guy at BOIAM is not watching or following Trevor.

Its the other way around I would have thought.
    If there is two men the guy on Haddington Rd is just one of a number of people on the road at that time.
    But if you put him together with a guy who hangs around his workplace he's your man.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Read it again.What are the chances both men who are similar having some interaction with TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Trevor seems to be the reason for his moving, maybe he is a pimp and on the look out for night shift office workers for “business”.

Maybe that’s why he has that dejected look when he turns away after the brief interaction with TD. Then again, he could just be trying to bum a smoke.

Did he talk to the other colleagues? From the footage it’s hard to tell, maybe just a hello. They might think he’s waiting for someone inside to come out so don’t take any notice.

Does anyone know how long the MIB waited at the gate? I still find it odd that the Gardaí don’t mention the length of time this guy was hanging around, just that he appears to have had a brief chat with TD.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

dubstarr wrote: »
    Read it again.What are the chances both men who are similar having some interaction with TD.

But other than being males of the same general build wearing dark clothes on a winter's night how similar are they ?

The chances of interacting or being in the same street as two males of similar build wearing dark coats on a winter's night is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Have to say, it's been pointed out before, any reason anyone is in that area at that time of night, especially on a wet windy night is up to something shifty ... also taking a detour ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

I walked by a guy earlier on the phone. Don't think that call was about me.
    Don't be silly.

Also, why don't people just write Trevor? TD keeps making me think they're talking about a TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,336 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Back to reddit so.

Noodler you're a coward. Adios.

It's where you belong tbf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

The few days immediately after the disappearance where there was no focus from the authorities are unfortunately the reason this case is unlikely to ever be solved. The umbrella and any other evidence were likely destroyed as part of a clean up in advance of the US president's visit. It would also have given time to deal with the body if it was a murder.

There does also appear to be a lack of information being put out by Gardaí despite the fact they are appealing for assistance. For example, the informant last year who had a guilty conscience, who was he and why should he have been treated credibly for the particular disappearance of Trevor? This was never disclosed or at least I could never find out information other than he was a criminal in the drugs and other illicit trades at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

Posters are running into the limits of their role and getting frustrated. It might be helpful if everyone recognized that the police do what they do for their own operational reasons which are none of my business.

There is no alternative to hoping the police have useful information that goes further than what the public know, keeping the disappearance of TD active in peoples minds in early Dec and waiting for this “very significant” witness to deliver something concrete.

Does anyone know how long the MIB waited at the gate? I still find it odd that the Gardaí don’t mention the length of time this guy was hanging around, just that he appears to have had a brief chat with TD.

In the region of 30 minutes. If you look at the video you will see the time change. That's part of the reason why his behaviour is viewed as odd. Strange place to wait to bum a ciggie off someone. If he was begging, similarly, plenty of areas with better street traffic than there. Grafton Street for example. Sheltering from the rain is a non-sinister possibility I guess. He could have asked just asked Trevor to borrow an umbrella, Trevor might have brushed him off not knowing who he was. But if he is also MIB2, that wouldn't look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

tdf7187 wrote: »
    In the region of 30 minutes. If you look at the video you will see the time change. That's part of the reason why his behaviour is viewed as odd. Strange place to wait to bum a ciggie off someone. If he was begging, similarly, plenty of areas with better street traffic than there. Grafton Street for example. Sheltering from the rain is a non-sinister possibility I guess. He could have asked just asked Trevor to borrow an umbrella, Trevor might have brushed him off not knowing who he was. But if he is also MIB2, that wouldn't look good.

He’s 30 minutes waiting before Trevor arrives but how long is he waiting at the gate around the corner after Trevor goes inside?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

sugarman wrote: »
    It unknown.

We just know he was still there 3 minutes later when Trevors Colleagues turned up due to the footage on the TV3 documentary. That was at 3:37:39AM.

The next clip we have is Trevor existing at 4:02:00AM. So some time in those 25mins.

And he walks across the street out of view so there is no indication of which way he went.

So shelters from the rain for 40 minutes but then decides - while it's still lashing as is apparent from the footage of Trevor alongside Milanos- sure I'll lead off now, I've had me shelter for the night.

sugarman wrote: »
    Where are you seeing that? The last imagines of him is standing at the gate next to Trevor's Colleague.

Oh it's been covered somewhere before, I can't remember but the question is often asked "which direction did the man at BOIAM go ?" And the answer apparently is "across the street and out of sight".

If we knew which direction he left BOIAM then it would be part of the story at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

Am I right the ATM he was last seen at is where Milanos is now , just after Haddington Road intersection with Northumberland Road

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement