Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officers 2019 in Revenue - Audit and Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭3002

I sent an email earlier to the recruitment section & response was that the board will be reviewing the video assessments over the next few weeks & no comment on what next stage will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

3002 wrote: »
    I sent an email earlier to the recruitment section & response was that the board will be reviewing the video assessments over the next few weeks & no comment on what next stage will be.

at least mid june so - maybe they might keep the panel open a bit longer considering everything thats going on

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

Rikand wrote: »
    at least mid june so - maybe they might keep the panel open a bit longer considering everything thats going on

If not longer. The panel said it will be open for a year from its creation date which is good as it usually says a specific date on the information booklet.

I wonder might they give an oom from the video assessments and only call for interviews as and when the vacancies arise just a thought.

Ya, I'd be thinking mid-June we'll get results hopefully.
    Panel will only start after all stages finished in the competition & panel results are out so that will push out the panel start & end date.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 2not4get

Only saw your reply now Anonire, it may have been worth emailing them alright. Closed now so I may leave it be. I can only assume I'm out as I will have failed that question. Best of luck with the rest of the competition, hope it's a lucky one for you

• Advertisement

Oh ya it's too late now but would have definitely been worth asking if you wanted to continue, sure the worst they could say is no. I know someone had technical problems previously with one of these type of interviews and they were very accommodating in resetting the question.

You never know you may have covered the essentials fingers crossed. It's all great experience for the next campaigns. I find a recruitment campaign with revenue really puts me through my paces.

Will remember for next time to follow up. I definitely didn't cover the essentials, but it will have given them a laugh, they might give me pity marks. I actually answered the completely wrong question, I got frazzled. Got it together after than and managed to answer the other 3 questions.

You are right, it was a great experience and hopefully will stand to me in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭monkeylover10

@2not4get... I feel your pain!!
    I was going on grand, answered first 2 questions & very happy with what I submitted. Came to Q.3 and when I had it recorded, was thinking I had made a few minor & I mean minor errors. Last minute I decided, what the heck, I'd retake Q.3. After that things went a bit haywire!!!
    For some reason I misread the info (dont ask how??) & thought I had to complete Q.4 next & retake Q.3 at end...maybe nerves & I was imagining seeing that info...
    Delighted with my Q.4 as I thought & then pressed next to retake Q.3.... THEN I realised what I had just done....
    I was on the countdown from 1 minute analysing whether I'd repeat Q.4 again or go with Q.3.. & try & give an explanation at end of the question as I knew from practicing I had about 15 sec spare.
    Went with the latter, dont know how I answered it but I did & then at the last few seconds, clarified that I made an error, the answer I just gave was in relation to Q.3 & my previous answer was in relation to Q.4. & added I was sorry for the confusion.
    I emailed asap, not to reset the question but to ask if it cud be made aware to the assessment board that I made a mistake & caused me to mix up the order when answering Q3 & Q4.
    My reply back was that the submission stays as is & because I offered an explanation re the error at end of video, it will be left to the board to decide.
    I put alot of preparation into those 4 question so I am fairly annoyed with myself to say the least.
    Dont know what way it will go really.....

@monkeylover10 hopefully you will be ok as you did answer 4 questions in full and sounds like you were prepared. Fingers crossed for you. It was all a bit daunting first time around on the video interview, we'll become pros!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Galantis

Hi guys,

Does anybody know when are we going to get the results? Seems like most people had technical issues while uploading the videos... I made a total mess of one of the examples..so I hope they won t be so hard on us...
    Good luck to everybody!

What technical issues did people have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Maryirish1

I think they mean whole process on of online video assessment

was talking to a friend of a friend who did the 2nd last AP competition and they did a video assessment interview and this was well before Covid. and he was placed on the AP panel on the back of this interview assessment. and apparently only took a couple of weeks for results

what are the chances we get results today - anyone contact them - i did earlier on 25th and said a couple of weeks and did'nt know what the next stage would be, don't want to email again.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

Maryirish1 wrote: »
    was talking to a friend of a friend who did the 2nd last AP competition and they did a video assessment interview and this was well before Covid. and he was placed on the AP panel on the back of this interview assessment. and apparently only took a couple of weeks for results

what are the chances we get results today - anyone contact them - i did earlier on 25th and said a couple of weeks and did'nt know what the next stage would be, don't want to email again.

Will the results be a progression to next stage or OOM, do you think?

well he was put on an oom from video assessment and got on the panel
    will ours be the same? give them an email

well he was put on an oom from video assessment and got on the panel
    will ours be the same? give them an email

Last year for ap external comp there was video assessments and then you did final interview to see if you get a place on the panel and oom. I think it was approx 4 weeks from the video assessment submission to getting the results from that. I would say more than likely we have a bit to go yet before the results from this and would be shocked if there wasn't at least another stage. They usually say in the email if an oom is going to be formed from the stage and they didn't specify it in the video assessment email.

I emailed last wk to see when we might get results &, what the next stage might be. Response that it will be a few weeks at least before we get results & they were not in a position to say what the next stage is. Going on other comps, I would think the next stage will be the final stage & more than likely a video Interview with the Board Members.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Zulu Art

3002 wrote: »
    I emailed last wk to see when we might get results &, what the next stage might be. Response that it will be a few weeks at least before we get results & they were not in a position to say what the next stage is. Going on other comps, I would think the next stage will be the final stage & more than likely a video Interview with the Board Members.

Thank you for sharing their response.

I think, like many a recruitment campaign, much will depend on how many candidates remain in contention after the recorded responses. If the number of remaining candidates closely match the number of posts they may go straight to oom rather than suffer weeks of interviews. All departments are now weeks behind schedules due to covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Happy4

Here's hoping we hear something this week :rolleyes:

did you email or ring them - they will probably give some indication. what to know but don't want to know the results

Happy4 wrote: »
    Here's hoping we hear something this week :rolleyes:

I too would love the results but only if it means the competition is moving ahead. Currently waiting on another panel that seems to be at a standstill which is totally understandable.

• Advertisement

Anonire wrote: »
    I too would love the results but only if it means the competition is moving ahead. Currently waiting on another panel that seems to be at a standstill which is totally understandable.

The faster they move the more likely any interview would be on line... personally I'd rather it be face-to-face so a slow process would be great ☺

emailed yesterday and got this reply regarding assessment - it might mean Friday?

I can confirm that the . I can confirm that the assessment boards are nearing the end of the process of viewing and evaluating the video submissions. We will contact candidates as soon as we have results.

We are currently exploring our options on the progression of this competition and will advise candidates in due course.
    of viewing and evaluating the video submissions. We will contact candidates as soon as we have results.

We are currently exploring our options on the progression of this competition and will advise candidates in due course.

Thanks a mill for sharing your response Maryirish 1- would be great to get results this week, end the waiting game.

I know it's a form of torture - and what if do get through what else awaits us - some other assessment, video interview, phone interview or as one person said real interview as and when successful candidates needed. Oh god

I know, what madness awaits those who do progress! Best of luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Galantis

emailed yesterday and got this reply regarding assessment - it might mean Friday?

I can confirm that the . I can confirm that the assessment boards are nearing the end of the process of viewing and evaluating the video submissions. We will contact candidates as soon as we have results.

of viewing and evaluating the video submissions. We will contact candidates as soon as we have results.

I would be very surprised if we heard something this week as its less than 4 weeks after the end date. With people working remotely, everything will move slower. I would be hoping to hear by the end of next week. Thanks for the update though!

Thank you for the update. I too would be very surprised if we heard anytime soon and for those that are moving on to the next stage it sounds like there could be another long wait. It can't be helped given the ongoing situation. Of course if it happens sooner than expected it will be great.

can someone give them a email and ask are the result out tomorrow?
    at least we can enjoy the weekend somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

I wonder if there were a lot fewer applicants this year with the stricter requirements?

• Advertisement

can someone give them a email and ask are the result out tomorrow?
    at least we can enjoy the weekend somewhat.

Try to switch off from it. Public service moves slow, sometime painfully slow. This is not a statement about the hiring process - rather it is about the entire environment you would be working in if hired. Patience is key to public service survival.

Advertisement