Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting Maps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,188 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Area-preserving map of the USA

usa-true-albers-1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭Thud

And here's the map for Steatoda nobilis, the Noble False Widow Spider. They're actually established throughout the country

Have you logged them on the biodiversity ireland website?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

52112e6.png

Writing so very small. Sorry.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

At last, a map showing all the brain cells in the head of a typical Trump supporter.

They were doing so well, until they hit the Rockies, then it sort of all fell apart

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

That still has the problem of being land based. There is definitely intense polarisation, but it's more an urban vs rural divide and it's very pronounced.

960537_81_90771_DrdO3qFgW.gif

https://www.core77.com/posts/90771/A-Great-Example-of-Better-Data-Visualization-This-Voting-Map-GIF

• Registered Users Posts: 8,334 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

52112e6.png

Steamed what? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Steamed what? :confused:

Steamed hams

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Source

How the 2016 US presidential election would have looked if only ______ had voted {I presume based on exit polls}

Corrected: apologies, I had assumed this was 2020 data, but as pointed out, it’s from 2016. Should have done the reverse lookup before posting rather than after!

• Advertisement

^^^^^^^^^
    those election maps are from 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

^^^^^^^^^
    those election maps are from 2016

Yeah, sure the 2020 election is still undecided. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

apQHKnm.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

1280px-Map_of_American_Civil_War_in_1862.svg.png

sNqTtCs.png

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

As not everyone seems to know (watch the vid)...

https://twitter.com/DublinAirport/status/1325534948573515777

That's shocking, Bragg is usually a decent skin too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭OldRio

spook_cook wrote: »
    It is kinda weird flying to some UK airports and you come through the regional/domestic gates...

The common travel area as its called.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

When I was 12 I went out on my bike one morning and cycled to my aunt's. She lived 60 miles away. I didn't get in trouble, was just warned not to cycle back the same day.

Nobody knew where my friends or me were from dawn to dusk in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I remember when I was in 3rd class - so when I was about 8 (1981 or so) - the Principal came into the class and asked who was allowed go on the bus on their own into Dublin city centre. A few people put up their hands, and one of them was selected to deliver something into town. They were just given the bus fare, an envelope and directions. No parent was contacted for permission - they were just sent off on the bus on their own as a courier. They came back, though, so it all worked out. Why they chose to ask 3rd class, and not older kids, I've no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I remember when I was in 3rd class - so when I was about 8 (1981 or so) - the Principal came into the class and asked who was allowed go on the bus on their own into Dublin city centre. A few people put up their hands, and one of them was selected to deliver something into town. They were just given the bus fare, an envelope and directions. No parent was contacted for permission - they were just sent off on the bus on their own as a courier. They came back, though, so it all worked out. Why they chose to ask 3rd class, and not older kids, I've no idea.

Older kids are more likely to get waylaid or be too curious. Might have opened the envelope sure.

I remember at the age of 10 going into town with my mate to get school books!

That was 1994!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Older kids were probably out on the farms and unloading barges at the docks etc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Older kids were probably out on the farms and unloading barges at the docks etc :D

I spent my childhood up chimneys. Did me no harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I spent my childhood up chimneys. Did me no harm.

Pffft, you had it easy, you were warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭3DataModem

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    In the English version of Amhrán Na Bhfhian there are some liberties taken on translation to enable the anthem to be sung smoothly..

The English version is the original version, the Irish version is the translation.

generally they waited until the fire was out before sending the children up them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Is it time for Monty Python?

Advertisement