Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2020 in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭I am me123

You will get a email with a link to setup your portal account, and you will set your password. After that you will be able to log in at https://pssc.gov.ie/

It will come with instructions.

Thank you.

Roughly how long should it take to get the email with link to set up portal account after sending off the email requesting the "token"?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

I am me123 wrote: »
    Thank you.

Roughly how long should it take to get the email with link to set up portal account after sending off the email requesting the "token"?

You need to be patient. Pre-Covid you would probably have it in a few hours or a day however they too have social distancing and reduced staff in office so it may take a few day. But you will get it.

You need to be patient. Pre-Covid you would probably have it in a few hours or a day however they too have social distancing and reduced staff in office so it may take a few day. But you will get it.

Thank you.
    My first payday is next week & I emailed for the token on Tuesday of this week, recieving an acknowledgement for same.
    Can I check with my bank if my first wages were paid in if I dont have the token to access the payslips at that time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,376 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Thank you.
    My first payday is next week & I emailed for the token on Tuesday of this week, recieving an acknowledgement for same.
    Can I check with my bank if my first wages were paid in if I dont have the token to access the payslips at that time?
    You should be able to check for the wage payment if you look at the recent transactions in your account when you login to your online banking (web or app).

Your employee ID will probably be in the comment field and the amount credited to your account should easily identify it as your wages payment.

Temporary Clerical Officer in the Civil & Public Service 2021

Hi All,

The deadline for applications is 3pm today, November 9th.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058126920

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭leoniecarrig

Any one know how long the e-vetting process can take ? I just got offered a 6 month contract for the Irish Prison Services in Longford and I'm hoping the vetting will be back soon so I can start on time.

Also for anyone that hasn't been placed yet I advise you to contact pas just in case as I found out my number was skipped by accident and 30 people who's number was after me got placed before me. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Solli

I can not activate an account for my daughter. She didn’t click on the activation email in time ( no time limit was given)
    It tells us to re register,
    When she does it says profile already set up in your name
    But we cannot access this profile

Please help
    I tried contacting the email for Public jobs

Solli wrote: »
    I can not activate an account for my daughter. She didn’t click on the activation email in time ( no time limit was given)
    It tells us to re register,
    When she does it says profile already set up in your name
    But we cannot access this profile

Please help
    I tried contacting the email for Public jobs

That should be just a username. Pick a didfferent name and it should work.

Hi all,

Quick question (feel free to delete if not allowed)..

I've recently started working in Social Welfare as a TCO.
    We are given a list of claims to work through on our computer system ( BOMI 4).

Roughly, for anyone who is familiar, what would you say is a good number of tasks to have worked through in a full day from 8am to 4pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Solli

That should be just a username. Pick a didfferent name and it should work.

No that didn’t work at all as it recognised that her profile was already set up and to activate it. So I sent an urgent email to the Help desk and they replied, yeah, advised selecting option 3 (enter email again) and it worked. Halleluyah.
    Thanks for the advice anyway, nice to know people who want to help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Red Honeysuckle

Hi all,

Quick question (feel free to delete if not allowed)..

I've recently started working in Social Welfare as a TCO.
    We are given a list of claims to work through on our computer system ( BOMI 4).

Roughly, for anyone who is familiar, what would you say is a good number of tasks to have worked through in a full day from 8am to 4pm?

It depends on what they are and what department. Ie working in payments and reassessing someone could take an hour compared to attaching a holiday form to someone's claim which may only take a few minutes. If you're working in other sections like investigations it could be longer or updating Xs&Os could be shorter. What you should be looking for is when they need to be done for as system just adds them in. So if you work down one could be there for 2 weeks without you noticing.

It depends on what they are and what department. Ie working in payments and reassessing someone could take an hour compared to attaching a holiday form to someone's claim which may only take a few minutes. If you're working in other sections like investigations it could be longer or updating Xs&Os could be shorter. What you should be looking for is when they need to be done for as system just adds them in. So if you work down one could be there for 2 weeks without you noticing.

Thank you.
    For someone working in Pandemic Unemployment Payments given a list of about 30 tasks to complete. What would an acceptable number of tasks to have fully completed between 8am & 4pm? Roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Thank you.
    For someone working in Pandemic Unemployment Payments given a list of about 30 tasks to complete. What would an acceptable number of tasks to have fully completed between 8am & 4pm? Roughly?

As someone with zero experience, I would say that most line managers will only give an appropriate number of tasks which are achievable in the days work, but there’s always a chance one or two of the tasks may take longer than others and this could have a knock on effect.

In saying all that, your own cop on and experience will allow you to work and become as efficient as you can be.

Thanks. I have another question if ye all dont mind.

I got my login details for PeoplePoint through my work email.

However I inputted my login wrong 3 times into PeoplePoint & now it wont let me login at all.

I emailed PeoplePoint about this & awaiting a reply at present.

Has this ever happened to anyone and is it easy to remedy?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭furrybones

Thanks. I have another question if ye all dont mind.

I got my login details for PeoplePoint through my work email.

However I inputted my login wrong 3 times into PeoplePoint & now it wont let me login at all.

I emailed PeoplePoint about this & awaiting a reply at present.

Has this ever happened to anyone and is it easy to remedy?

Thanks in advance.

If you give it 15 mins and then do a 'forgot password' it might work. If not you'll have to contact them and get a reset.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 13 I wonder why?

Assessment questionnaire for the 2021 campaign is now available

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭doc22

Thank you so much for the reply.
    At the beginning I think perhaps I was spending maybe too long on some tasks & this wasted time when I could have been completing others.
    Yes you are correct. Some involve bank payments & post office payments. Some customers wish to change their payment methods from one to another.
    We change our work quite frequently for example changing from one bank to another.
    I find it takes some practice to be fully proficient when changing to a new task.
    I have previous experience in office work but nothing near as complicated as this job.
    Just feel like I'm trying so hard to learn how to do the job & maybe Im just not learning fast enough..
    So would you say the main thing is to find the quality- quantity balance?
    For example I completed 50 tasks between yesterday afternoon & end of work this evening . Before this I completed 33. I was informed that my stats still had nt improved & I really am at a loss on what to do to improve & how many is considered 'acceptable' stats.

Some EOs/COs wouldn't do 80 tasks a week never mind a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dervoc

any one know where i can get a sample questions and answers for stage one online questionnaire , for tco

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MuchZeus

question about pay scales

i’m expecting to be offered a contract in the next couple of weeks. i’m currently working in the public service, in a public hospital under the remit of the HSE, and have been for over two years now. when i get offered my contract, is it in any way possible to be moved up the pay scale to meet my current salary? is it possible to do that? i work a job that is at similar grade level to that of clerical officer. by asking about it, i really just want to be able to earn what i’m currently earning per hour.

MuchZeus wrote: »
    question about pay scales

i’m expecting to be offered a contract in the next couple of weeks. i’m currently working in the public service, in a public hospital under the remit of the HSE, and have been for over two years now. when i get offered my contract, is it in any way possible to be moved up the pay scale to meet my current salary? is it possible to do that? i work a job that is at similar grade level to that of clerical officer. by asking about it, i really just want to be able to earn what i’m currently earning per hour.

I presume your expecting a permanent CO contract, rather than TCO which are short term temporary. Are you employed by the HSE or a private agency?

If your on employed by the HSE, my understanding is that you would start on your current salary and, if not an exact match, be brought onto the CO scales at your next increment date however I'm not certain of that.

These may be relevant to you:

https://hr.per.gov.ie/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Starting-Pay-on-Recruitment-through-Open-Competition-to-the-Civil-Service.pdf

https://circulars.gov.ie/pdf/circular/finance/2004/21.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭furrybones

dervoc wrote: »
    any one know where i can get a sample questions and answers for stage one online questionnaire , for tco

You can Google personality tests and situational tests, but the reality is you won't gain much advantage. The familiarisation tests show you exactly what type of question/situation you're going to have to answer/respond to in the real assessment and when doing them just put yourself the shoes of a clerical officer, as that's the position you're going for.

Good luck.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

I presume your expecting a permanent CO contract, rather than TCO which are short term temporary. Are you employed by the HSE or a private agency?

If your on employed by the HSE, my understanding is that you would start on your current salary and, if not an exact match, be brought onto the CO scales at your next increment date however I'm not certain of that.

These may be relevant to you:

https://hr.per.gov.ie/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Starting-Pay-on-Recruitment-through-Open-Competition-to-the-Civil-Service.pdf

i should clarify, i’m expecting a tco contract. i’m currently employed by the hse. thanks for those documents!

i should clarify, i’m expecting a tco contract. i’m currently employed by the hse. thanks for those documents!

You should know a TCO contract in the civil service is less likely to be extended than in the public service / HSE,. So if you are offered say 12 weeks, you must assume you'll be finished at the end of the 12 weeks.

The only reason I say is that people have left other jobs for TCO contracts before thinking they would get an extension and they didn't.

You should know a TCO contract in the civil service is less likely to be extended than in the public service / HSE,. So if you are offered say 12 weeks, you must assume you'll be finished at the end of the 12 weeks.

The only reason I say is that people have left other jobs for TCO contracts before thinking they would get an extension and they didn't.

honestly, i don’t mind that, i need a career change, and i’ve zero experience in an office / admin environment, so any length contract i’ll definitely take. i’m desperate to get out of my current job as it’s on the frontlines and i’ve gotten sick of it, plus i’ve a degree to put to some use as well.
    thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

honestly, i don’t mind that, i need a career change, and i’ve zero experience in an office / admin environment, so any length contract i’ll definitely take. i’m desperate to get out of my current job as it’s on the frontlines and i’ve gotten sick of it, plus i’ve a degree to put to some use as well.
    thanks again.

I hear you. I’m desperate to find a job and get out of unemployment. Any contract length I would 100% take as well even if it was just for 12 weeks.

can incremental credit be applied to temp contracts

doc22 wrote: »
    can incremental credit be applied to temp contracts

Yes its does,
    [d] Temporary service
    For the purpose of incremental progression, temporary officers in the Clerical Officer and Executive Officer grades should be treated in the same way as permanent officers.

Thanks, I've seen a temp contract and they don't mention incremental credit circular unlike the permanent
    version :rolleyes:

as of the last week of november, i’m at around ~45 on the OOM for dublin - could i expect to be offered a contract before the end of the year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭PinkLady2016

I got a call on Friday about a TCO role in the Gardai HR Dept in Navan, Said its a 12 week position but that it will take 10 weeks for the vetting to go through.

Advertisement