Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right Wing Grifters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,222 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

You clearly know nothing about Persia.

To whom did the Greeks export democracy? Spartan Democracy? Give me a break!

It's more likely that 'western' philosophy ,art and architecture would have permeated the Persian Empire and that we would now be colonising Barnard's star.

I didnt mention Sparta, I mentioned the Greek city states, which were both diverse and varied.

Also curious to know why the culture of a vanqused foe, in the event the Persian Empire crushed the Greek city states, that their culture would come to the fore, rather than Persian culture be 'enforced' onto the Greeks.

We in Ireland know about how one dominant culture can stamp out the native culture. They are not exactly speaking Irish in the UK, nor are they adopting Brehon Law instead of common law.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Look man, you are in the unenviable position of admitting that there are left leaning people who are in a position of influence who are as bad as right leaning people who both spout ****e.

Your whole premise is that the right are worse than the left. That's not true. The extremes are both **** and most right leaning people admit that. You won't.

Nobody defended Katie Hopkins. She is your bogeyman. Not many people like her. Granted, she makes a living and has her fans. So do Nickelback. They are not representative of music.

So either bow out, disavow people like Jessica yaniv and admit you were wrong and regain some semblance of pride, or keep bull****ting and fight in the name of Jessica Yaniv and her ilk.

Or secret option number 3, claim Jessica yaniv doesn't represent you and therefore admit that Katie Hopkins doesn't represent us so your whole arguement is flawed.

The right are definitely worse.

The worst examples you can come up with is Sara Jeong who sent some tweets and Yaniv who wants her balls waxed.

There are right wing grifters out there calling for massacres of innocents and inciting extreme violence.

20Cent wrote: »
    Fair play very brave disavowing massacring innocent people.
    Have said several times that trans issues isn't something I know or care much about. Yaniv can't go to a gynecologist or force someone to wax her balls no.

Both issues seem equivalent to you for some reason.:rolleyes:

I'm not trying to be brave. I'm just saying that Katie Hopkins doesn't represent me or my views. i don't want to be associated with her.

Are you willing to admit that you want nothing to do with Jessica yaniv and her fight to be treated as a woman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Blind Eagle

The right are definitely worse.

The worst examples you can come up with is Sara Jeong who sent some tweets and Yaniv who wants her balls waxed.

There are right wing grifters out there calling for massacres of innocents and inciting extreme violence.

And profiting of it with her new book ofcourse, just like Katie Hopkins does.

Here's another example of an article with an undercurrent of racist thought. An article entitled "White People are Broken". The premise being white people "need to be fixed". Now, imagine such a thing was written about a black person.

https://medium.com/@katstory/white-people-are-broken-ab0fe873e5d3

Oh and by the way, Yaniv attempted to put people out of business so she could have her balls waxed. It's a lot more insidious then you are making out.

I'm not trying to be brave. I'm just saying that Katie Hopkins doesn't represent me or my views. i don't want to be associated with her.

Are you willing to admit that you want nothing to do with Jessica yaniv and her fight to be treated as a woman?

Never heard of her till you brought it up. Never heard of man periods either thanks for all the insight.

No she shouldn't be able to force someone to wax her balls or a gynecologist to examine her.

• Advertisement

And profiting of it with her new book ofcourse, just like Katie Hopkins does.

Here's another example of an article with an undercurrent of racist thought. An article entitled "White People are Broken". The premise being white people "need to be fixed". Now, imagine such a thing was written about a black person.

https://medium.com/@katstory/white-people-are-broken-ab0fe873e5d3

Oh and by the way, Yaniv attempted to put people out of business so she could have her balls waxed. It's a lot more insidious then you are making out.

Are you for real.
    A blog post.
    FFS
    Yeah she was wrong about the ball waxing thing.

Maybe. Who exactly is calling for massacres?

There are also fringe left wingers (antifa (who sell merch) etc) smashing people with bike locks.

Never heard of her till you brought it up. Never heard of man periods either thanks for all the insight.

No she shouldn't be able to force someone to wax her balls or a gynecologist to examine her.

Maybe this is because you spend so much time seemingly watching an listening to "right-wing grifters". It's funny that you know so much about the bad people on the right and nothing about those on the left. You have stated you knew nothing of Sarah Jeong and now nothing about Jessica Yaniv. Maybe you should try pay as much attention to the extremists on your side as you do those on the other side, and it will help you better understand why the right isn't necessarily worse, and where me and The Dunne in particular are coming from.

But do you agree that "she" should be afforded all the same rights as a woman?

Are you for real.
    A blog post.
    FFS
    Yeah she was wrong about the ball waxing thing.

Yes, by the winner of Sports Illustrated's Best Journalism 2017. It's not just some random nobody.

• Advertisement

Yes, by the winner of Sports Illustrated's Best Journalism 2017. It's not just some random nobody.

Whats wrong about her blog post then?

Maybe this is because you spend so much time seemingly watching an listening to "right-wing grifters". It's funny that you know so much about the bad people on the right and nothing about those on the left. You have stated you knew nothing of Sarah Jeong and now nothing about Jessica Yaniv. Maybe you should try pay as much attention to the extremists on your side as you do those on the other side, and it will help you better understand why the right isn't necessarily worse, and where me and The Dunne in particular are coming from.

Sarah Jeong and Jessica Yaniv are the two left wing extremists you can come up with then?
    Both identity politics type things which are very immaterial.
    One apologised and admitted her mistake, giving reasons for it.
    The other sounds like a serial lawsuit person and not really anything to do with the left.

Well at least we've moved on from Alex Jones..Is that down to some gender quota in your straw-personing 20cent?

But do you agree that "she" should be afforded all the same rights as a woman?

Can't believe it has to be said but no she should not be able to force anyone to wax her balls of examine her if they don't want to.

Whats wrong about her blog post then?

She is claiming White people are broken. That they, in general, "need fixing". You don't see a problem with such a view point?

When it comes to murder in America, Black people have an offending rate that is 8 times higher than White people. If I wrote an article suggesting that "Black people need fixing" it would in all likely hood be considered racist, or an article with racist undertones, not least because it would make a huge and crass generalisation about a large group of people.

If a right-winger wrote it you'd know doubt be at the top of the queue to label them a "grifter". When an article is written by a left winger about white people however, you essentially ask: What's the big deal?

This, ofcourse, is just another example of the double standard that you think doesn't exist.

Can't believe it has to be said but no she should not be able to force anyone to wax her balls of examine her if they don't want to.

It has to be said because of the extreme element that exists on the left. This is the point being made.

Sarah Jeong and Jessica Yaniv are thetwo left wing extremists you can come up with then?
    Both identity politics type things which are very immaterial.
    One apologised and admitted her mistake, giving reasons for it.
    The other sounds like a serial lawsuit person and not really anything to do with the left.

Identity politics is very hand in hand with mainstream left ideology. You can disagree if you wish but as you said, it's immaterial.

Anyway...

Cool. So you can decide that Jessica Yaniv is not really anything to do with the left despite her holding a lot of traditional left leaning views..

I decide that Katie Hopkins is nothing to do with the right despite her holding a lot of traditional right leaning views.

Is that ok?

It has to be said because of the extreme element that exists on the left. This is the point being made.

One person wants their balls waxed.
    This is not an example of extremism on the left.
    Ball waxing is not a left wing position.

Identity politics is very hand in hand with mainstream left ideology. You can disagree if you wish but as you said, it's immaterial.

Anyway...

Cool. So you can decide that Jessica Yaniv is not really anything to do with the left despite her holding a lot of traditional left leaning views..

I decide that Katie Hopkins is nothing to do with the right despite her holding a lot of traditional right leaning views.

Is that ok?

What are her traditional left wing views?
    What does she think about minimum wage, public ownership of industries etc?
    Is her left wing views those of waxing her balls because I hate to break it to you but it's not really a political thing.

One person wants their balls waxed.
    This is not an example of extremism on the left.

Neither is massacring people a right-wing position. Alas, we have finally gotten there.

And by the by, JY wanted to force women to wax her balls. Forcing someone to wax your balls is sexual assault. It's not benign undertaking that you are trying to make it out to be. Stop down-playing sexual assault.

• Advertisement

So is Jessica Yaniv a woman?

If she is, why shouldn't she be available to avail of female medical care and be offered the same treatment?

If not, why are you using female pronouns?

Self gender identification is surely a left wing position?

So is Jessica Yaniv a woman?

If she is, why shouldn't she be available to avail of female medical care and be offered the same treatment?

If not, why are you using female pronouns?

Don't know her and I'm not a medical professional.

You just want to turn it into an all trans people thing by selecting an extreme viewpoint and making it out to be the norm.

Self gender identification is surely a left wing position?

Aren't libertarians all for it?
    Thought they would be.

You just want to turn it into an all trans people thing by selecting an extreme viewpoint and making it out to be the norm.

But this is exactly what you are doing.

Not at all. You asked for an extreme on your "side".

I don't know Katie Hopkins either. All I know is from what I know of her, I disagree with her and I will gladly state that her viewpoint is not the norm.

You seem quite hesitant to say that from what you know Jessica Yaniv is wrong and is not a woman. And her viewpoint is not the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 The Rise of Tubridy

Far right filth are the scourge of the modern Western world. Try and compare them to Hitler, to some fictional fascist regime or to ISIS and you will have all their champs online calling one's post 'rubbish', 'ridiculous', etc. It is TIME fascist apologisers are called out for what they are. We ALL have a right to name fascists and compare them to what we want to compare them to because they are just like their historical or fictional equivalents. From Elizabeth Horseshoemaker to Mike Pence, the Western world is swamped with fascists and their apologists. The SAME passive aggressive apologists will come out every time. Some may prefer 'christian' fascists, some prefer 'atheist' fascists, some prefer 'islamic' fascists, etc. but ALL the same. ISIS? Mike Pence? European incl. Irish right wing extremists? All intolerant vile filth that seem to try and take over (and ruin) this site and the entire internet. And when we call them what they are and compare them to other filth, we are the ones who get told off.

But this is exactly what you are doing.

Alex Jones, multi millionaire.
    Paul Joseph Watson, Katie Hopkins, Dinesh D'Souza, Candace Owens to name a few. Donald Trump was interviewd by Jones.
    D'Souza and Owens appear on tv regularly, all mainstream grifters.
    No equivalent on the left.

Not at all. You asked for an extreme on your "side".

I don't know Katie Hopkins either. All I know is from what I know of her, I disagree with her and I will gladly state that her viewpoint is not the norm.

You seem quite hesitant to say that from what you know Jessica Yaniv is wrong and is not a woman. And her viewpoint is not the norm.

Her viewpoint is not the norm.
    This is the third or fourth time saying it.

• Advertisement

Far right filth are the scourge of the modern Western world. Try and compare them to Hitler, to some fictional fascist regime or to ISIS and you will have all their champs online calling one's post 'rubbish', 'ridiculous', etc. It is TIME fascist apologisers are called out for what they are. We ALL have a right to name fascists and compare them to what we want to compare them to because they are just like their historical or fictional equivalents. From Elizabeth Horseshoemaker to Mike Pence, the Western world is swamped with fascists and their apologists. The SAME passive aggressive apologists will come out every time. Some may prefer 'christian' fascists, some prefer 'atheist' fascists, some prefer 'islamic' fascists, etc. but ALL the same. ISIS? Mike Pence? European incl. Irish right wing extremists? All intolerant vile filth that seem to try and take over (and ruin) this site and the entire internet. And when we call them what they are and compare them to other filth, we are the ones who get told off.

Good stuff. You seem like a nice rational person who is open to conversation.

I agree, the internet would be better if it was just people like you and people who think like you on it.

That way, we could always rely on level headed folk like you to make decisions.

Good lad.

Advertisement