Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble 2020 *Spoilers but NO BETTING TALK*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Didn't watch it live but happy for Edge to have that moment. Mighty Molly was a nice nostalgic throwback too.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 85,113 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Loved Edge's return #RatedRKO

Any update on his missus Beth?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

When Chelsea Green music hit I almost thought it going to be Summer Rae.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

3XRNKIJ.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Officer999

Brock’s dad dancing to MVP’s theme was hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The last two years the rumble has been in baseball stadiums which with the dugouts they have gave the last two rumble events a different feel then usual with the big entrance way. I do like the way the aisle is at an angle. What do others thing of the set up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭ThePott

I really like it although I would like a bigger titantron at the entrance. The entrance ramp is the right length too, not too long like that one a few years back where the bigger lads would be gassed from the walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Pleasantly surprised to see Drew win thenRumble.. thought they’d still go with Roman but it was the right call with drew..

Have to say, the end of the women’s rumble was a travesty.. why why why give it to Charlotte? The women’s division is in the doldrums and they had the chance to mke Baezsler or someone else and they went with the most obvious option.. I am so sick of Charlotte, Becky, Sasha and Bayley.. please give us something else.. and that Santina spot was beyond bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

if only Lesnar loved the business. His work in the rumble was outstanding. His facial expressions for each individual that came out, his spot with Shelton, showed great personality with it. Some genuine funny eliminations. Not a side of Lesnar usually get to see.

And as a previous poster said, his dominance really catapulted Drew into the spotlight. Thought the rumble was really well booked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I was read a few weeks back that Drew's push was also to try and get eyes on the new UK deal with BT and you can see BT have gone all in with the promo stuff across all there channels during live football games something I don't every remember Sky doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Decent show overall loved the mens rumble the best one in years.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

nannerby wrote: »
    Decent show overall loved the mens rumble the best one in years.

Really good rumble. Nice break from tradition but it really really worked. Fair play to the agents.

They even stayed clear of a JoMo or a Kofi fake elimination/save spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,113 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Rock a fan of Drew winning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Loughc wrote: »
    Really good rumble. Nice break from tradition but it really really worked. Fair play to the agents.

They even stayed clear of a JoMo or a Kofi fake elimination/save spot.

Rollins fake elimination spot when AOP caught him and put him back in actually worked quite well imo and fitted the story with them at the moment, rather than Kofi or JoMo doing it for the sake of doing one

Where was Sasha? Iconics? Rusev? Lashley?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

I don't watch week to week main roster WWE so I'm a bit out of the loop but I watched it with 2 non fans last night and really enjoyed it. Loved the set, it felt big time. Nothing on the show was particularly bad, I did think Shayna would win the Rumble which you'd think would've been the right call.

Absolutely loved the layout of the men's Rumble. Brock really is fantastic, it was genuinely a tour de force performance, it just reinforced why he is the top guy in WWE in every respect. I was a bit cold on Drew winning, he does nothing for me. Did love the Edge return too.

The 2 lads I was watching with really enjoyed the entire show, just reinforced how easily accessible main roster WWE is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

TimesArrow wrote: »

Sasha injured, not sure about the iconics and they wrote Rusev and Lashley off the show saying they brawled in the car park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

rusev and Lashley story is beyond tiresome now at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Sasha injured, not sure about the iconics and they wrote Rusev and Lashley off the show saying they brawled in the car park

Iiconics are back home in Australia with family etc due to the bush fires.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Personally found it a really boring rumble to watch, sure it might have been objectively booked well, but I'm never going to rewatch it. The Brock stuff is a waste of time and almost nothing of visual interest happened in the 2nd half except for Edge entrance, and Rollins. The crowd was flat and quiet till it looked like Reigns might win, and Michael Cole is insipid on commentary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Personally found it a really boring rumble to watch, sure it might have been objectively booked well, but I'm never going to rewatch it. The Brock stuff is a waste of time and almost nothing of visual interest happened in the 2nd half except for Edge entrance, and Rollins. The crowd was flat and quiet till it looked like Reigns might win, and Michael Cole is insipid on commentary

Out of curiosity what was the last rumble you enjoyed and why?

Despite the winner, I loved the 04 Rumble, Foley returning to batter Orton after Orton spat in his face.

Takers gong hitting to scare Kane only for Spike to come out.

At the time Benoit winning was awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Would it have killed Cole to shut up for Edges entrance. "NO, NO WAY, OH MY." That and his here comes the Big Dog schtick just takes me out of it totally, he's so bad. Less is more sometimes.

Watched Edges return moment a few times now and it has to be one of the loudest pops ever

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Hardy's return at WM was last great pop before Edges one on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Yesss

**** ya cameraman

Why are you blaming the cameraman? It's Kevin Dunn's fault he missed part of the entrance and Edge's first spear in 9 nears. They have loads of cameramen, he switched to the wrong one. Should have switched to the hard cam when Edge entered the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Why are you blaming the cameraman? It's Kevin Dunn's fault he missed part of the entrance and Edge's first spear in 9 nears. They have loads of cameramen, he switched to the wrong one. Should have switched to the hard cam when Edge entered the ring.

Kevin Dunn wasn't working the rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

its possible the 1st spear was deliberately missed in case it went wrong and he ****ed his neck up again imo

montyrebel wrote: »
    its possible the 1st spear was deliberately missed in case it went wrong and he ****ed his neck up again imo

No chance. It was poor editing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah they didn't learn from showing Roman's non reaction for AJ's debut

Advertisement