Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble 2020 *Spoilers but NO BETTING TALK*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

AJ styles is being assessed for a separated shoulder after the rumble last night. It was either the pele kick or the spear from edge because he grabbed his shoulder straight away.

The best thing about Edge was he came in out of nowhere (17?), middle of the pack and caught everyone off guard.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I'll have to rewatch the men's royal rumble as I was falling asleep but a good event overall. The women's royal rumble was good bar the winner. Was charlotte bleeding as was it Beth's blood ? Beth Phoenix is a champ for continuing on with an ever growing amount of blood in her hair.

Charlotte got stiffed on the nose/mouth by someone who was on the apron (I forget who). Flair shouted "bitch" as she eliminated her. I think it was a genuine "**** you bitch", rather than Queen Charlotte gimmick "bitch".

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For the opening match, I would think that toilet had a lock or sign on it up until a minute before they did that spot.

Wrong person won the women's rumble and not just because I got Mighty Molly in the pool. :(
    Of course Shayna got to make a couple stupid mistakes like hurting Charlotte outside the ring and then walking away before confirming the elimination. I liked how they had Shotzi try to recreate her elimination of Shayna from NXT.
    I know it's planned but it does annoy me how ones who should be experienced at Battle Royals and Rumbles still insist on standing beside the ropes looking out at who they eliminated, leaving themselves open for elimination.
    Before Mia was eliminated, I found it stupid she and Dakota ignored each other.
    How convenient that Otis was right there in that spot. Also very lucky, more for him than Mandy. :)
    Pretty much as soon as Naomi stood on the announce table, I was thinking why not just use the detachable part.

For the men, I wouldn't have said it up until recently but good choice for Drew winning. It's only recently that they've started to give him a personality.
    Was wondering how they were going to do a Kofi spot, but Brock saw to it that didn't happen.
    Felt Brock's reaction to Lee made Lee look good as well.
    As was said, The Edge return was great but then some made the stupid decision to show a crowd shot instead of his first spear.
    Speaking of ignoring what they shouldn't, the commentary team completely ignored Seth sizing up Roman for the stomp. was when Randy was thrown over the table and they just argued over whether he was eliminated and how he was.
    I think I remember something between them, but why was MVP after Heyman?
    I think AJ was clearly meant to go out later but Edge was meant to eliminate him either way which is why they let him do it then. At first I thought it was an accidental elimination as it looked like AJ tried to hold on.
    And I had Shelton in the pool.

Charlotte got stiffed on the nose/mouth by someone who was on the apron (I forget who). Flair shouted "bitch" as she eliminated her. I think it was a genuine "**** you bitch", rather than Queen Charlotte gimmick "bitch".

there's a difference ? I wonder was the nxt girls and most of them are very close with Kairi sane and might have given charlotte a receipt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I know I am in the minority with this but I'm indifferent about Drew winning.
    Don't get me wrong it's good that it wasn't one of the usual suspects who one. Always is a problem with each Rumble.

Fair play to him tho. Who would have thought when he was in 3mb. Who would have thought when he was over in Ireland for ICW a few short years ago. Really does say that sometimes you have to go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,572 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The best thing about Edge was he came in out of nowhere (17?), middle of the pack and caught everyone off guard.

Ruined by Cole shouting "OH MY!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

there's a difference ? I wonder was the nxt girls and most of them are very close with Kairi sane and might have given charlotte a receipt.

Shooting on Charlotte Flair is a surefire way to halt your career.

I'm near sure it was one of the NXT women. Candice LeRae is sticking out in my head for some reason.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Shooting on Charlotte Flair is a surefire way to halt your career.

Unfortunately it is but maybe charlotte should learn to not injure someone as universally liked as Kairi sane and not seem to care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,974 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Knowing wwe they will have Drew lose at mania to Brock

Cain Velasquez needs to stay away from all this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

She called Kelly Kelly a bitch after she knocked her out I'm almost sure

Right I've rewatched the men's royal rumble and I didn't miss that much of it actually. I did say edge looked old and slow(a bit harsh in hindsight) but for someone who hasn't been in a wrestling ring for nearly nine years it was a good stint and I'm sure he'll get the in ring conditioning fully back next time. Randy Orton seemed to be enjoying edge being back.

Drew looked great eliminating brock. Brock did a good job in the first half of the rumble by his reactions. His reactions to Keith lee can only help him.

Sirsok wrote: »
    She called Kelly Kelly a bitch after she knocked her out I'm almost sure

Was it a working bitch or a shooting bitch do you recall ? Someone said it was a genuine reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The Nal wrote: »
    Ruined by Cole shouting "OH MY!!"

Kevin Dunn cutting to the crowd missing Edge’s first spear ruined it way worse

At least the Youtube edit has it included

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Was it a working bitch or a shooting bitch do you recall ? Someone said it was a genuine reaction.

just watched it back, she looks stunned and says you bitch then sends her off the apron... looked kinda stiff to me, she had blood on her face but that was from Beth's head not her own

Mad how Kelly Kelly is younger than Charlotte haha

• Registered Users Posts: 36,141 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

the Men's Rumble was superb. well done to all involved. bar missing Edge's first spear, it can't really be faulted as a spectacle. Brock is fúcking awesome. and Drew looked like a star.

i can't help but feel they couldn't have Reigns win after Charlotte won. good God, that would've been too fúcking obvious.

FYfW.gif

speaking of Charlotte. fúck you Vince and your perennial boner for this woman. how fúcking difficult is it to just let Shayna win? why? what good fúcking reason do you have to book Charlotte to win?

and elsewhere, Daniel Bryan is still outrageously good. that's the best match The Fiend will have unless he has another one with Bryan. and thank Christ the red lights were gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Seeing Charlotte win.....I haven't been that dumbfounded by the Rumble since Bryan was eliminated early.

Had me hoping for a Asuka win but nah, more fool me.

just watched it back, she looks stunned and says you bitch then sends her off the apron... looked kinda stiff to me, she had blood on her face but that was from Beth's head not her own

Mad how Kelly Kelly is younger than Charlotte haha

Okay so I was wondering about the blood. Who was it ?

Any news on how Beth is ? That was a ric flairesque type mess last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,482 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sirsok wrote: »
    Whoever knocks out Lesner will win it?

A feud made, begun

• Advertisement

One of the annoying things about Charlotte winning is that we know from last year that she doesn't even need to win the Rumble to be put in the main event at Wrestlemania

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

CastorTroy wrote: »
    One of the annoying things about Charlotte winning is that we know from last year that she doesn't even need to win the Rumble to be put in the main event at Wrestlemania

THIS SO MUCH !

stupid me thought with all the nxt women in it, that they might go with one of the more known nxt women, but ofc no nxt woman or man are ever gonna win the rumble, despite them dominating at survivor series.

Found it funny when Cole pointed out Roman walking from the corner after a chop as if it was nothing. Someone should've pointed out the padding Roman has protecting his chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Thought the men's rumble was decidedly average, not a fan of Lesnar making a show of half the roster, including a champion. Women's was good, glad Charlotte won as she is the best in-ring performer outside of Asuka, Sane and Shirai so at least the Mania match will be decent.

Best part of the night for me was seeing they finally ditched those stupid red lights, and Bryan throwing a bone to long term fans of his by recreating the chain spot with Morishima.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Thought the men's rumble was decidedly average, not a fan of Lesnar making a show of half the roster, including a champion.

I have to agree with this myself

• Registered Users Posts: 60,409 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Loved Brock run in the Rumble so good he is a master at pro wrestling and maybe the best seller there.

10 years after being called the Chosen One Drew finally becomes the Chosen One.

Other the Belair the rest of NXT got put back in there box in this PPV.

Flair and Wyatt I could not care less about.

It was obvious for months now Edge would appear and even knowing that it was great to see him also his Mrs was great in the women's Rumble.

I really would have loved Brock to have won throwing everyone out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

What's the bets....Becky and Charlotte to win the raw tag team championships.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,409 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I always underestimate how big Shelton is until I see him standing beside Brock he is a giant of a man himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

What's the bets....Becky and Charlotte to win the raw tag team championships.
    :rolleyes:
    Not sure they could co-exist to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I have to agree with this myself

I get why it might annoy people, but I personally have no qualms because it was for a reason. It wasn't just Brock killing people for fun. Drew eliminating Brock was a massive moment specifically because Brock was running through people. He built a tone of heel heat, and used it to catapult Drew from the midcard right up to the very top of the card.

I'd have been more annoyed if a Roman got that transfer of heat, cause he didnt need it, but it was such a massive rocket for Drew that it made it worthwhile.

Advertisement