Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble 2020 *Spoilers but NO BETTING TALK*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'd love a Rated RKO reunion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Love drew to win but its gonna be roman

Love drew to win but its gonna be roman

Or not haha

• Registered Users Posts: 37,973 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yesss

This is the man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Terrific win for drew!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Great to see Drew winning!

Right choice made for a new guy to win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Drew just became WWE's new money maker in the space of an hour

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Happy with the end result anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Drew winning was the best of both worlds. Of the last 5 guys Drew was the only one who hasn't won a rumble yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Right winner. They needed to make a new guy.

Plus I got on him 5/1 last week!

• Advertisement

Very entertaining rumble

Must say I thoroughly enjoyed that PPV. One of the best I've seen in a long time (admittedly haven't watched many).

Well worth staying up for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Glad I caught that live.. best rumble match in recent memory. Edge return was a great moment and Drew eliminating Brock and winning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

love it thank fcuk it was drew, eliminating brock and roman please push him to the moon and let him beat brock at mania

• Registered Users Posts: 37,973 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Drew is marketable and I guess vince and trips saw that. Him vs Lesnar could be gold. Hardly do him vs the fiend ??. You could see how much it meant to him getting so emotional

Overall decent PPV not the best but not the worst. Shows 70% of the time those YouTube/dirtsheet rumour types are full of ****.

Edge coming back was the high point but it feel flat after a while. Hes in great shape but maybe his in ring cardio is not up to scratch yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

sky88 wrote: »
    Going to stay up till 2 hopefully get one of the rumbles

im really glad i stayed up past this now

well now that ive started work i regret this statement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I wished I stayed away from the internet for Edge's return for the past 3 months. Still a great moment regardless.

I wished I stayed away from the internet for Edge's return for the past 3 months. Still a great moment regardless.

the disbelief in some of the fans faces they went to was actually cool obviously fans who stay away from rumours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

womens rumble i liked a lot more than the mens but disliked the winner, boring brock eliminating people was just very meh

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Buzzing after that. Am so, so happy for drew.

I loved the fact we got two very different Rumbles. Women's was way more about the surprise entrances and a more traditional Rumble. I HATE that Charlotte won; Shayna was the very obvious person to build there and I have no interest in Charlotte vs Becky AGAIN.

Guys was brilliant in terms of telling two stories. Cole said it, it was basically two Rumbles. Brock killing everyone. Drew rising to stardom.

I was sure that Brock was going to return and eliminate Drew. Given Drew eliminated him, it's pretty clear that's the direction for Mania. I presumed that gave Roman his path to face Wyatt. But nope, Drew wins, and a new star is born. Super glad they did that.

I'm guessing we get Drew vs Richochet for a month (with Ric saying he helped Drew eliminate Brock, and isn't getting half the attention), and then Drew vs Brock. I really, really hope they move into Drew taking the title. He's got the look and charisma. Pull the ****ing trigger!

Drew eliminating Brock had me bouncind. Edge's return was a really, really great moment. Black joining KO and Joe in the feud.

Loved it.

• Advertisement

Something that helped the pop drew got was actually having roman eliminate edge so no blowback on drew if he did it

sky88 wrote: »
    Something that helped the pop drew got was actually having roman eliminate edge so no blowback on drew if he did it

Roman fits the role of psuedo-heel really well in the final two at a Rumble. Same as with Shinsuke when he won, the crowd so obviously don't want Roman to win that it makes the actual winner get a better reaction. They booked him very intelligently.

The whole match was booked really intelligently like that though. Drew wouldn't have gotten half the reaction to eliminating Brock if Brock hadn't bundled so, so many people over so easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,181 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Seems both the men's and women's rumble had the same set up.
    Women's: Alexa bliss and Bianca belair pretty much their match until half way. When Charlotte comes out. Bliss and belair get eliminated.

Same for men's match. Lensars match then half way drew comes out lensar gets eliminated.

Like in both half way the match changed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'll have to rewatch the men's royal rumble as I was falling asleep but a good event overall. The women's royal rumble was good bar the winner. Was charlotte bleeding as was it Beth's blood ? Beth Phoenix is a champ for continuing on with an ever growing amount of blood in her hair.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I'll have to rewatch the men's royal rumble as I was falling asleep but a good event overall. The women's royal rumble was good bar the winner. Was charlotte bleeding as was it Beth's blood ? Beth Phoenix is a champ for continuing on with an ever growing amount of blood in her hair.

https://twitter.com/SEW_Podcast/status/1221604734194286599?s=20

Oof, that sounds bad. I did notice the ref jump up and thought it was weird, but didn't put 2+2 together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

If you dont have one, sign up for a Revolut card on your phone now, you get a digital card for free and it will only take 5 mins to setup with the verification needed

Edit - Use that for a free trial i mean btw

Cheers, I have Revolut anyway so I'll save that trick for Mania

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Excellent Rumble. Great winner and they got me big time with Edge, I must admit! Some pop for him and rightly so.

Good to tease the dreaded Roman win as well. They also made most of the last 10 entrants feel like proper top guys too.

I wonder are we heading for KO, Joe plus two Vs Rollins, AOP and Murphy at Mania? Who would the two be though, hard to say.

2ndcoming wrote: »

I wonder are we heading for KO, Joe plus two Vs Rollins, AOP and Murphy at Mania? Who would the two be though, hard to say.

Black may be one, already has the recent fued with Murphy

is Show sticking around?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

That clip of Beth hitting her head is nasty and I remember the ref on the apron but that's why last night I asked was she bleeding because of charlotte because they had an interacting and wondered had it happened then.

Advertisement