Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DROCON Bugs 3 Drone €24 + shipping - €33.42 incl delivery

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Finally used the drone a few times in the nice calm weather - unfortunately it didn't withstand some harder landings in the grass and one of the legs broke. They are no longer for sale on amazon
    If anyone has one gathering dust at this stage or has electronic issues and wants to get rid of it- please PM me. I really liked it..
    Thanks
    Might be a bit of a wait, but..

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Thanks , but it is actually the leg/wing that is part of the blue body that broke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Thanks , but it is actually the leg/wing that is part of the blue body that broke

Your looking for a Bugs 3 lower cover. Used to be plenty online for less than €10 but harder to find now. I'll have a look later as I might still have a good site for spares bookmarked.

corsav6 wrote: »
    Your looking for a Bugs 3 lower cover. Used to be plenty online for less than €10 but harder to find now. I'll have a look later as I might still have a good site for spares bookmarked.

I was looking for those as well, just found a youtube video of a guy with exactt same issue.. comment section suggested quite a few of these have the same weak spots .. now found a small tear in one of the other legs as well.. But if i can find a spare body , I will definitely give it a go. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

I was looking for those as well, just found a youtube video of a guy with exactt same issue.. comment section suggested quite a few of these have the same weak spots .. now found a small tear in one of the other legs as well.. But if i can find a spare body , I will definitely give it a go. Thanks

Seems to be hard to get alright. I'd email Drocon and explain the situation, say it's only ever landed on grass and obviously a weak design.
    I had a Drocon flyaway before, lost connection to controller and kept last input, which was full throttle heading away from me. It kept going out of sight and never recovered. I emailed Drocon and they just asked for my Amazon proof of purchase and they sent me a new drone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Here is a link to a spare parts store, I haven't yet checked it - just the link before I bring the dog for a walk
    https://www.ebay.com/str/mjxrctoysstore

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

milky88 wrote: »
    (sorry not a bargain alert)

I'm doing research looking for a gps drone with good camera range and battery. The market is saturated but would like someone's own experience of what they bought ðŸ™
    There's a new(ish) drone forum over here - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1858
    You may get better/quicker answers.

corsav6 wrote: »
    Seems to be hard to get alright. I'd email Drocon and explain the situation, say it's only ever landed on grass and obviously a weak design.
    I had a Drocon flyaway before, lost connection to controller and kept last input, which was full throttle heading away from me. It kept going out of sight and never recovered. I emailed Drocon and they just asked for my Amazon proof of purchase and they sent me a new drone.

Thanks, email sent..

Well aware this is no longer a bargain alert and don't want to derail, so this will be my last message on this. Thanks to all for support

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭SDKev

I bought this drone at Christmas, it never worked from day 1 and it was just gathering dust. I was onto amazon support today about a separate order and asked them about returning it as it never worked. The guy said they'd had loads of complaints, it was discontinued and he gave me a refund without having to return it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭jamesd

Had you to be signed into amazon France to return it? At the time I signed into amazon France to order it, I signed in again today and I see its passed its return window.
    It only flew once for me, up and a bag down, crack 2 legs but I glued them and that was the only damage but I cannot seem to make it fly so I suspect there is an issue with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

jamesd wrote: »
    Had you to be signed into amazon France to return it? At the time I signed into amazon France to order it, I signed in again today and I see its passed its return window.
    It only flew once for me, up and a bag down, crack 2 legs but I glued them and that was the only damage but I cannot seem to make it fly so I suspect there is an issue with it.

Ive walloped mine off the ground several times, no damage. Surprised you managed to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭SDKev

jamesd wrote: »

I just contacted their support via live-chat and they refunded it, I didn’t have to return it as he said they’d had loads of complaints about them

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I've started a thread in the drones forum for anyone who purchased and is using it.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=113433651

Advertisement