Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DROCON Bugs 3 Drone €24 + shipping - €33.42 incl delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

LowOdour wrote: »
    Gave this to the brother this morning, he assembled and charged but no movement on the drone. Lights appearing correctly on both drone and controller. Will take a look later at it, but anyone have any problems with getting theirs going?

Press and hold the red button on top left while turning on controller, then plug the battery into the drone. Should be all set then. Make sure left stick is fully down and then quickly press red button to start props.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

D3V!L wrote: »
    Just got one as part of my Christmas present from my missus. I assembled it properly but in take off it'll drift off to the right. Props are in the correct position. Any ideas ?

Calibrate it on a flat surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭killer007

Everyone had a better experience than mine. Gave it to my son for Christmas, it took off, flew over a field, dissapeared behind a hedge, landed on the sea and promptly sank.

killer007 wrote: »
    Everyone had a better experience than mine. Gave it to my son for Christmas, it took off, flew over a field, dissapeared behind a hedge, landed on the sea and promptly sank.

Not a suitable first time drone. This thing will drift in the wind and without gps your kinda screwed of you lose sight.
    Best spot if your new is a big park or even football field. Fly it around and if things get out of control just drop the left stick to kill throttle and it'll drop from the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

killer007 wrote: »

nope that was my experience too lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Gave my son one of these and charged it. Got it going and it flew for a about a minute before warning beeps and the thing stopped turning back in. Brought it home and have been charging it since last night and only getting flashing green light and solid red light. Does this mean the battery or charger is bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

I had mine going on Xmas day but now I can't get it going at all. Green light was charged all night drone lights up but can get it to fly at all. Followed all instructions but won't start

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

I think you need to recalibrate the control each time by holding each lever down to the bottom right while on level ground. Mine works after that

Alkers wrote: »
    I think you need to recalibrate the control each time by holding each lever down to the bottom right while on level ground. Mine works after that

Tried that and still won't work at all for me

I dont really trust that charger, find a friend with a real charger and test the pack.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    I dont really trust that charger, find a friend with a real charger and test the pack.

So I tried to start it again but no joy. Battery fully charged. First I hold red button in and turn on controller to sync, then turn on drone and everything syncs properly and then I calabrate it but still won't start.

You are using the unlock for flight after calibration right?

I find the instructions bit annoying. I followed everything. What u mean unlock

I find the instructions bit annoying. I followed everything. What u mean unlock

Maybe can u give me step by step instructions on how to start/unlock it as YouTube not very helpful either. Thanks

Agreed, the red button should be used to unlock the drone for flying once it's calibrated etc.

Iirc one press and the drone should spin up, long press again and it will turn off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Tigermorrissey

Try standing over 12 feet when away you press red button to unlock and make sure left lever is down , wouldn't start up for me first time when I was quite close to it , don't know if its set to do that or just coincidental, worth a try ...

Try standing over 12 feet when away you press red button to unlock and make sure left lever is down , wouldn't start up for me first time when I was quite close to it , don't know if its set to do that or just coincidental, worth a try ...

Quite easy to have a small bit of throttle applied without noticing

Took mine up for a proper fly today. First thing I noticed was 2 unbalanced props so hover was very unsteady. Changed them and recalibrated and back up with smooth hover.
    Tested for a few mins in low mode and thought it was fast, certainly compared to my hubsan. Switched to high rate and the thing really moved.
    The bright LED on the front is brilliant for direction and visible at a distance. Bottom LEDs not much use unless it's close range, but may be better at night.
    So first impressions are good. Flight time around 17 mins without prop guards or landing gear, 70% high rate. Tested to about 200m without loss of signal. Signal loss results in motor cut out so it'll drop out of the sky, no flying distance over water. For the price it's an absolute steal and I'm only sorry I didn't buy a few of them.
    Next step is to find a good fpv cam so any recommendations welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

corsav6 wrote:
    Took mine up for a proper fly today. Tested to about 200m without loss of signal. Signal loss results in motor cut out so it'll drop out of the sky,

Christ. Thanks for the heads up. My other drone can go at least a km apparently and I've gone well over 500m with it and it's no prob. Knowing this will certainly make me cautious about this one.

Pique wrote: »
    Christ. Thanks for the heads up. My other drone can go at least a km apparently and I've gone well over 500m with it and it's no prob. Knowing this will certainly make me cautious about this one.

Controller will alert when signal becomes weak so you should get plenty of warning.
    I've sent my parrot Bebop 1.2km before but the battery died 500m from home, it landed safely in a neighbours field and gps coordinates brought me straight to it.
    Something the bugs won't do so watch it carefully if it drops from the sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I haven't read this thread linked yet, but there seem to be a lot of mods for this drone. Starting midway through the thread there is a post with mods (there may be better suggestions earlier and later in the thread) recommended around a year and a half ago, including GPS antenna. There are also mods for range extension, altitude hold, path follow/intelligent flight mode etc.
    https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2776206-MJX-RC-Bugs-3/page5
    Loads on youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

Have taken this on several flights now. First time drone user, definitely jumping in at the deep end with this one.

Got some great photos so far with a GoPro Hero 5 cable tied onto half the mount. Set on 5sec timelapse, just fly into position and hold for a few secs. Need to crop the legs out of edges of the shots.

Very difficult to tell what direction it's leaning when at the end of the range. I've had one very heavy crash into rocks trying to get it back from over the sea with both range and battery warnings and eventually found it fully intact with a few scuffs. Few other hard landings but it's holding up well.

Easiest way I've found to control is keep the bright front light pointed towards you, so you always know what way it's facing. Keep direction tweaked when it drifts with the wind and use right toggle to steer (all directions are the reversed as the drone is facing you but you get used to it!).

The CT9000 camera (I think somebody mentioned it earlier in thread) is on sale on amazon for £35.99/€42 delivered.
    4K wifi
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07Y1LNBX8/
    https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Crosstour-Upgraded-Waterproof-Underwater-Camcorder/product/B07Y1LNBX8

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

got this camera, perfect fit for the bugs camera mount.

APEMAN Action Camera 4K 20MP WiFi... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07TB7WQ73?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jeffrey

Anybody interested in selling me one of these, I bought one & thought I had mastered the controls but unfortunately I had not, Took it for a flight only for it to dissappear into scrubland with a lot of trees,Anybody know how far this thing will fly before it drops. I have spent hours searching but to no avail not even certain where it went as I lost sight of it behind tall trees. They are no longer on sale onthe site I purchased from.

I thought they drop as soon as they lose signal. I've not yet had a chance to take mine out.

https://coldstreams.com/?p=14144

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that they drop out of the sky as soon as they lose signal.

Suckit wrote: »
    I thought they drop as soon as they lose signal. I've not yet had a chance to take mine out.

https://coldstreams.com/?p=14144

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that they drop out of the sky as soon as they lose signal.

I've switched the controller off while the drone was hovering close to me and about 3 seconds later it dropped, repeated and same results.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jeffrey

Thanks for that information. I wonder if the trees would cause it to loose signal & that it possibly dropped closer to me than I had originally estimated, still difficult terrain to search especially when I do not know the exact area it came down in. I might try another search tomorrow, anyone know how long the lights would remain before battery would run down as they would be a help in locating it if stuck in a tree or hedge. It had flown 3 to 4 minutes on fully charged battery.

jeffrey wrote: »
    Thanks for that information. I wonder if the trees would cause it to loose signal & that it possibly dropped closer to me than I had originally estimated, still difficult terrain to search especially when I do not know the exact area it came down in. I might try another search tomorrow, anyone know how long the lights would remain before battery would run down as they would be a help in locating it if stuck in a tree or hedge. It had flown 3 to 4 minutes on fully charged battery.

Not sure how bad the terrain is but if you don't know the exact location then I'd imagine it'll be very difficult to find.
    I've dropped a drone in an open field before and it took over 3 hours to find as even a small amount of grass will cover it.
    Front bottom LEDs will blink until the battery dies, this could be hours or days. I'd be heading out when it's dark as the lights would help locate it far easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Finally used the drone a few times in the nice calm weather - unfortunately it didn't withstand some harder landings in the grass and one of the legs broke. They are no longer for sale on amazon
    If anyone has one gathering dust at this stage or has electronic issues and wants to get rid of it- please PM me. I really liked it..
    Thanks

Advertisement