Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Championship 2019 26/11 - 8/12 BBC/Eurosport

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

Brilliant performance by Maguire, finishing off a 6-0 whitewash with a century. Thoroughly looking forward to tomorrow's final now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

If they are good enough who cares it they are old enough. Maguire obviously had the hunger for this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Jesus, Mags really did a job on Allen there. Incredible performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Never got into this years UK. Not a vintage one by any means and not exactly a mouth watering final. I'll give it a miss. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭spurshero

Never got into this years UK. Not a vintage one by any means and not exactly a mouth watering final. I'll give it a miss. Enjoy.

Won’t be the same without ya

• Advertisement

spurshero wrote: »
    Won’t be the same without ya

You guys can keep us posted with expert commentary :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Ding missed, yan rusty with lack of table time

Yup, 3 nil incoming

Ding playing well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

cadaliac wrote: »
    Yup, 3 nil incoming

You should put a few bob on Ding.

• Advertisement

Dante7 wrote: »
    You should put a few bob on Ding.

Too many bad habits, not going to gambling on the phone at this stage in my life.
    However, yea, he’s worth a punt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭spurshero

You guys can keep us posted with expert commentary :)

Was only slagging . Ah ya will tune in at some stage

5 2 ding

Ding 5 2 up and fluffed a shot to let yan back in

Ding on fire

Win, ding, 6 2

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

In other news, Judd Trump wins World Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Inviere

Maguire was sublime last night, 97% pot success and a 6-0 whitewash of Mark Allen....incredible stuff really.

Inviere wrote: »
    Maguire was sublime last night, 97% pot success and a 6-0 whitewash of Mark Allen....incredible stuff really.

You serious? Never heard of anyone with a pot success of 97% over 6 frames. That is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Inviere

You serious? Never heard of anyone with a pot success of 97% over 6 frames. That is ridiculous.

Yeah he was outstanding, proper proper standard. I doubt it's sustainable, but he'll remember that performance for a long time no doubt

• Advertisement

He missed one pot out of more than a hundred in the first 4 frames, and that was when he was well past the snookers required stage and just trying to keep the break going.

Easily the best I have ever seen him play. He has all the talent to be a world champion if only he can get his attitude and temperament under control.

Inviere wrote: »
    Yeah he was outstanding, proper proper standard. I doubt it's sustainable, but he'll remember that performance for a long time no doubt

Yea sounds almost flawless. Without seeing it i kind of thought Allen must have been out of sorts but with a stat like that sounds like Maguire had the match of his life. 97% wow must have only missed a handful of balls all night.

He missed one pot out of more than a hundred in the first 4 frames, and that was when he was well past the snookers required stage and just trying to keep the break going.

Easily the best I have ever seen him play. He has all the talent to be a world champion if only he can get his attitude and temperament under control.

Jaysus thats off the richter scale. Didnt think he had that in him. Hats off.

On Fire Maguire v the Chinese Dragon. Things could get hot in York today by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

97% is outstanding, very occasionally a good player gets in the zone and misses virtually nothing. But thats mostly ronnie territory. I'm sure ronnie has beaten that occasionally, hammered wilson in a final a couple of years ago and hardly remember him missing a ball in it. Or the time he demolished poor marco fu at the masters. But mags performance was in that wheelhouse.

Again i ask though, will he bring it with him today when he needs it? Certainly hope for the sake of the final he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Ronnie was 98% that day...Missed I think 4 balls in 11 frames.

I'd a similiar high perecentage rate the last time i played couple of weeks back. I missed 92 of my first 100 shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I'm sure going back the years you could find comparable performances. Clive Everton still maintains Alex Higgins performance in the 72 world final is among the best he's witnessed and I'll cheerfully take the great man's word on thst.

The greatest match I've seen was the charity challenge final between ronnie and hendry in which ronnie clawed back a huge deficit only to lose to a hendry maxi in the decider. Dont know what pot stats were that day but I'd wager both were in minimum mid 90s and they were days you couldn't simply aim a ball at the far jaw and still expect it to drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Just 12hrs behind cadillac, still it was new to you and you enjoyed it

• Advertisement

Ding breaks off in the first frame. Hard to know how this will go, but I fancy Ding to edge Maguire over the longer distance.

Advertisement