Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW e-Up!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,271 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭podge3

There are 26 x 241s available, although a lot of those are red. There was almost 50 when I bought mine 6 or 7 weeks ago. They seem to find 1 or 2 additional cars every so often.

17 x 2023, I think these are the ones to go for if it's a cash sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Seems like great value for anyone looking for a clean modern electric urban run-about with warranty.

Can't go wrong for 15K, can you?

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

These look a great deal. I wonder if there are any implications for the battery if an eight or nine month old car has only delivery mileage on it? i.e sitting in a showroom unused… (normally a great thing).

Any thoughts, lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

Picked up one this morning. Great car for the money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

yeah I drove one earlier this year but decided against it as just too small for my needs even as a second car .

It’s a fun drive though- like a big go-cart 😀

Considering such cars will always have buyers, 15k for a 2023 EV is great - I could see that only dropping 1k per annum in value max - easily sell for 10k in 5 years time , probably to a learner driver

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

Yeah it drives great. Sits at 120kmh on the motorway too quite comfortably.

Ideal second car I think and as you said with slow enough depreciation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

I hope I don’t kick myself in years to come for not picking one up (pun intended😀) - if I only needed it for local driving I’d probably go for it at that price but I want something that will get me further afield and probably with a bit more comfort and room .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭User1998

Its not an issue. All cars sit around for months in manufacturing plants, storage yards, boats, ports etc etc.

There was an information sheet left in mine that showed a maintenance schedule for charging both the traction and 12v batteries since manufacture. This was a VW sheet so was probably filled out wherever the car was stored before being pre-registered in February of this year.

Dunno about the 2023 pre-regs. They have been sitting at a dealers since the second half of last year and could have been fully charged or flat, depending on whatever maintenance schedule the local VW dealer may or may not have implemented.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Given it’s got an 8 year battery warranty, it’s unlikely to be an issue for the first owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭old_house

The sitting around part is the same for the 232 and the 241 cars. VW stopped making them last october, so the 241s just sat longer before getting a plate. I picked one up yesterday, they are absolutely brilliant little things if they fit your use case. Well made and fun to drive, an absolute no-brainer if you are looking for a new small car. The only other car you could get for that kind of money would be a Kia Picanto K1, which is not anywhere near the same level of refinement and will cost you many thousands of Euros more to run over its lifetime.

Post edited by old_house on

I don't think that is correct. Once a car is registered, it is moved from the storage facility (wherever that is) to the garage forecourt. As I said previously, I doubt garages implement any kind of battery maintenance regime.

The sheet I found in my 241 was titled "VW Group Vehicle Care Program" and listed various checks every few months i.e. tyre pressures, 12V and HV battery checks and charging.

Chances are that the 232 and 241 might be the same age, just registered at different times.

Advertisement