Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW e-Up!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭joe1303l

A used run out model Exec spec eGolf would be much more appealing. Same tech, more space, better built but you’ll miss out on the new car smell. Unless you really need a tiny car for easier parking or have number plate disease, I see little appeal in an eUp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Almost €30k? Ah come on now, the country has gone mad altogether if people are going to pay that for a city car, badge or no badge!

The whole point of a car like this is cheap motoring. Fuelling it might be cheap but at that potential price, there is no pay back on this at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,271 ✭✭✭✭ted1

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Pricing up on the site now with an OTRP of €27,813. To expensive for me as a second car even though I'd love one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭embraer170

€28k for an e-Up is absolutely shocking money, even with the Irish premium.

The one I ordered in Germany in September 2020 (delivered March 2021) cost €12k (!) after the grant. They increased in price twice after and the last time you ordered them, I think the OTRP price came to around €23k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭adunis

I'm buying one,very simple VW gave me 16.5k for my 19 plate Zoe vs 9.5k from mg and 13 K from renault.

As I'm forever saying ignore the sticker price COST TO CHANGE is all that matters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

I collected mine 10 days ago. I love the car perfect for the narrow lanes here, ideal for trips to the village and the weekly shop.

When I collected it the phone holder was installed upside down, seems a common issue, easy fix there is a you tube video explaining how to do it..

I must say the app is terrible, flaky and really badly designed, mine worked for a few days now its toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Try using the “WeConnect ID” app instead of the “We Connect” app if that’s what you’re using. It’s obviously set up for the ID range but it works well on the e-Golf. Faster and less buggy but still a little flaky at times. Can’t see why it wouldn’t work with an e-Up! if it works with the e-Golf.

Belated update ,up has landed,it's a lovely wee thing incredible ride quality for a small car and nothing but likeable with absolutely zero pretensions.

We connect will not work as there is an issue with all the Irish market E-sims,however the maps and more app works a treat and is perfectly adequate albeit a little clunky

Further update,if one annoys vw enough you can get them to reset cars e-sim we connect app will work then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Has the OTR price of the E-Up really gone up to 29K now?

Where was/is it on sale for 20K? Outside Ireland I'm guessing, but was there not a bit of fuss earlier in 2023 about the 20K EV finally making it to these shores?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Dealers listing 241 models on carzone for a lot less €20,999

It was the same in Germany. I think it was a case of them having to activate the e-sim properly.

It really is an absolutely brilliant little car (my other EV is a Model 3). Marketed properly and at the right price, they would sell in huge numbers in Ireland and elsewhere. Unfortunately, production has ended or will end soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

That's mad - what is up with VW Ireland???

e-up! | Models | Volkswagen

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

VW have been reducing prices via dealer discounts instead of reducing the rrp, it's happended to a good few of their cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭podge3

These last-of-the-line pre-reg e-up!s represent seriously good value for money: https://www.donedeal.ie/cars?sort=priceasc&year_from=2024&make=Volkswagen%3Bmodel%3Ae-up%21

There are about 20 of them around the country in VW dealerships starting from €18k. Only one spec available so should all be the same price, really. Nothing comes near it for price/range/spec. WLTP range of 250 KMs, with some drivers claiming over 300 KMs in city driving.

I paid a deposit on one today as a run-around for the Mrs. First time driving one and I have to say all the Youtube reviews were correct when they said it was fun to drive.

These cars were almost €30k a few months ago, wasn't worth it at that but @ €18k, it represents great value IMHO.

Post edited by podge3 on

Just a bit of a follow up to my last post, I collected the new e-Up today. It really is a brilliant little car. I drove about 80KMs in it and averaged 12 kWh per 100KMs. About half of this was motorway driving, although I didn't really go over 100KM/h, except for brief spells. I can see how some drivers can get over 300KMs driving in an urban setting during the summer.

Build quality is great. Some of the interior plastics are a bit cheap but I've sat in several (early) ID3s and its better than those. Sound system is surprisingly good. I suppose the biggest surprise is how quiet it is, probably quieter than my e-Niro.

The car design is over 10 years old now but it doesn't look dated IMHO. The interior instrument cluster is analogue and the car is generally lacking in features that more modern vehicles have now but there is more than enough mod-cons to keep most drivers happy.

Two annoyances so far - very little cabin storage/cubbys and I can't get the SIM to activate for remote access, as other posters on this page have remarked. I emailed VW and already feel I am being given the run-around but I'm sure it'll be sorted in due course.

Really is a shame production of this car is ceased. As I said previously, it was never worth €29k+ but should have sold very well at €18k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

I considered it but was just too small for my needs as a second car but yeah, had it worked out,a 2024 electric car under 20k was very tempting - enjoy !

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭gossamerfabric

Always liked the petrol Up! due to the earnestness of the car and e-Up! is no different.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

Close to doing a deal on a pre reg 2023 E-UP!. ( 50km on the clock)

It will be a perfect entry EV for a relation of mine.

Best I've managed to do is €15k from ringing around dealers.

It's a lot of car for the money.

Has anyone managed to negotiate a VW dealer below 15k?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,532 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Did you get the Sim to Activate? What system is in these cars. Same as the eGolf, not the ID range I assume.

Yes, it was sorted fairly easily & quickly via a few emails.

I'm not familiar with other VW cars but the e-Up uses the same app as all the other electric VWs.

That's some deal @ €15k, doubt you'll do any better.

Thanks, it's the most responsive I've ever seen main dealers to an enquiry. So I'm guessing they are not selling.

Tempted to leave it a few days and see if any dealers come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Which dealer was willing to deal at €15K? There were some pre reg 241 plates available for around €19K earlier this year but not sure if there's any left.

The one at 15k is a pre reg 232 with delivery Mileage. Joe Duffy VW

• Advertisement

2024 models here: https://www.donedeal.ie/cars?sort=priceasc&year_from=2024&make=Volkswagen%3Bmodel%3Ae-up%21

2023 models here: https://www.donedeal.ie/cars/Volkswagen/e-up!/2023?sort=priceasc

Advertisement