Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What difference does it make to you?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

is this thread still goin?

stop feeding the low rent poxy AI test

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

LaFuton wrote: »

Why difference does it make to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

LaFuton wrote: »

What the hell does that mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    What the hell does that mean?

I think that person thinks you've been replaced by a node.js routine, Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,942 ✭✭✭pgj2015

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

. People who like similar things may wear similar fashion but it isn't to look the same.

Eh??

Dress the same to look different is it?
    I wear clothes based on how I feel or what I am doing. .

I'm very similar.

Oh no, wait i'm not like that at all, i generally wear clothes based on what happens to be on the top of the pile. I just think, why difference it make and grab whats first in line. Seems to work out ok, but i do arrive into work looking Stevie Wonder dressed me in a hurry some days. No one seems to care though, least of all me!

Eh??

Dress the same to look different is it?

Not what I said and how you came up with that is very strange.

People who like similar things may dress similarly due to what they like. It isn't either to look different or look the same. Their is no objective other than wearing what they like.

I'm really not sure you have a point.

Does everyone (within reason) not just wear clothes that they like?

I don't particularly like clothes shopping, or any other form of shopping, so i tend to hold on to clothes for a long time, but when i am buying my only concern is "do i like this". I couldn't care less if it looks similar, different, boring, outrageous...only i like or i don't like.

I'm really not sure you have a point.

Does everyone (within reason) not just wear clothes that they like?

I don't particularly like clothes shopping, or any other form of shopping, so i tend to hold on to clothes for a long time, but when i am buying my only concern is "do i like this". I couldn't care less if it looks similar, different, boring, outrageous...only i like or i don't like.

The point is people commenting and being violent if they don't like what you are wearing. Not sure why there is any element of 'within reason ' because to some that would mean anything outside the norm is not reasonable.

So what do I not have a point about?

T

So what do I not have a point about?

:D:D

I don't know Ray, have there really been that many incidents where people turned violent on because of your clothes, or your questionable taste in facial hair?

Maybe we mix in very different circles, but I reckon i could go out in anything from a gimp suit to a klan outfit complete with burning cross without too much fear of being assaulted.

If you're getting regularly assaulted i think you need to be looking at something other than your dress sense as being the reason!

• Advertisement

...Maybe we mix in very different circles, but I reckon i could go out in anything from a gimp suit to a klan outfit complete with burning cross without too much fear of being assaulted...

You know, I have a funny feeling it would be the same with me. I might try the gimp suit thing. :D

You can borrow mine, i rarely wear it anyway!

You can borrow mine, i rarely wear it anyway!

I shall hang it carefully beside my Amelia Earhart and SS-Obergruppenführer outfits.

We might as well be twins Jim;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

People who like similar things may wear similar fashion but it isn't to look the same.
    Of course its to look the same, so you fit into that group or subculture.
    I used to wear sort of 20s mens fashion which nobody was really wearing but thanks to peaky blinders that is now considered fashionable.
    That just sounds like, "I was into Peaky Blinders fashion before everyone was".

When did you start wearing a handlebar moustache? Doubtful it was 15 years ago before they became more acceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Don't worry OP. Their prejudice won't keep them warm tonight.

:D:D

I don't know Ray, have there really been that many incidents where people turned violent on because of your clothes, or your questionable taste in facial hair?

Maybe we mix in very different circles, but I reckon i could go out in anything from a gimp suit to a klan outfit complete with burning cross without too much fear of being assaulted.

If you're getting regularly assaulted i think you need to be looking at something other than your dress sense as being the reason!

The point being I am not mixing in these circles they intrude on me as I go about my life. Part of it is certainly homophobic as certain people will assume sexuality based on clothing.

It isn't just some little scrotes but adults passing comment. If you don't like their joke they often become threatening or violent. I have come off worse for wear and other times it is them. After a few times I tend to sense the situation and am quite prepared to defend myself and others I just hit them straight away. Don't insult somebody if you don't want a punch

• Registered Users Posts: 13,299 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I feel like I should have a handlebar moustache and dyed hair now.

The point is people commenting and being violent if they don't like what you are wearing.

What are you wearing that makes people violent towards you?

9GU20IP.png

The point being I am not mixing in these circles they intrude on me as I go about my life. Part of it is certainly homophobic as certain people will assume sexuality based on clothing.

It isn't just some little scrotes but adults passing comment. If you don't like their joke they often become threatening or violent. I have come off worse for wear and other times it is them. After a few times I tend to sense the situation and am quite prepared to defend myself and others I just hit them straight away. Don't insult somebody if you don't want a punch

This is starting to make more sense, somehow... :D

• Advertisement

Was just thinking the same thing. You should change your user name to Ray Donovan OP, no one fúcks with Ray Donovan :cool:
    Ray Palmer however, might as well be Ray Darcy!

Do you think it could possibly be the punching that people are taking umbrage with, rather than the mustache or the peaky blinders suit?

I can only speak for myself, but i'm fairly sure it would be the punching i'd have the real issue with:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

And if that was true why would it bother you?

The other thing is I am not seeking attention but I am guessing that is what people think and want to ridicule people so they don't feel comfortable and toe the line.

Need a bigger hug?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Over the years I have worn some questionable fashion and styled my hair or beard as suited. Never been particularly bothered by others views and have a general live and let live view.
    Of course others don't have the same view and think they should let people know what their view is. From just simple comments to violent attacks. What difference does it make to people that they do this? If I dye my hair and have a handle bar moustache what does it do to you?

From your post I'm assuming your a hipster (the most copied un-unique style ever) so you can rest easy in the knowledge that you are not alone and look just like everyone else. Your strive to be different has only served to make you completely anonymous as you look and dress just like everyone else.

From your post I'm assuming your you're a hipster.

That term doesn't really work anymore. It seems to be applied to anyone that doesn't wear boot cut jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Effects wrote: »
    That term doesn't really work anymore. It seems to be applied to anyone that doesn't wear boot cut jeans.

No, it still applies, beard, check shirt, trousers above the ankles, brown shoes...you know the type.

No, it still applies, beard, check shirt, trousers above the ankles, brown shoes...you know the type.

Nah, that's the 2010 definition. You need to get with the times.

From your post I'm assuming your a hipster (the most copied un-unique style ever) so you can rest easy in the knowledge that you are not alone and look just like everyone else. Your strive to be different has only served to make you completely anonymous as you look and dress just like everyone else.

Assume away. If I looked like everybody else why would anyone comment? If you paid attention you would have seen that was one mention of one particular look I have worn. Depending on how I feel my clothes vary. I am not what people call a hipster which in itself is just a very wide scope. I used to wear a lot of 70s clothing then 50s and after that a mix.

The fact you assume I am a hipster is part of the same limited mentality.

It is not about me getting attention or striving to be different. Your above statement just stinks of a belief you have a superior view on how others dress. Do you ever comment on what others wear because you certainly have a dim view of what you consider hipsters. Hard to believe you keep that to yourself

Depending on how I feel my clothes vary. I am not what people call a hipster which in itself is just a very wide scope. I used to wear a lot of 70s clothing then 50s and after that a mix.

Have you got a look book?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

OP, no more apologies. No more, no more apologies.

• Advertisement

It is not about me getting attention or striving to be different.

I think you're trying to hard Ray.

Seems to me like you want to stand out for the attention (no harm in that, if that's what floats your boat) but then when you get that attention you throw a hissy fit - which is more than a little bit fúcked up!

I pass this bloke sometimes on my way home from work who dresses like Jack the Ripper - he had a fúcking top hat, a cane and a cape on the other day, doesn't bother me, he looked quite well (if more than a little out of place) in all honesty, but only a total gobshíte would expect people not to look or occasionally comment when they're wearing a top hat, walking cane and cape in clondalkin!

You have an wardrobe organised by decade and a died handlebar mustache ffs - of course you're striving to be different. That shít takes time, money and effort. I have a few pairs of jeans and about 50 t shirts in various degrees of tatters. If you asked me to dress 50's style i wouldn't have the faintest clue what that entailed.

Advertisement