Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

from what i see on here some people are waiting up to 18 months some even longer to get a shout after completing all their tests so I wouldn't jump the gun with giving notice to an employer yet

• Registered Users Posts: 49 S84

St.Brigids wrote: »
    Have physical on 14th Jan. Just wondering about notice you get of start date. Do you get a notification that you are successful in the campaign first and then get a start date? Wondering about giving notice to current employer and how people juggle that.

Well you need to have medical after physical, I have my medical on jan 8th & Superintendent i met reckons I should have an offer a few days later for end of jan. I'm 2019 campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nel26

I sent off my GP clearance on the 11th of December and still have not heard back about my physical, is anyone else in the same boat?

Can anyone tell me what's the best way to get the passport photo onto the form b. Is it best to print out the page and rescan it or digitally add the passport photo onto the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ConcreteAngel

Can anyone tell me what's the best way to get the passport photo onto the form b. Is it best to print out the page and rescan it or digitally add the passport photo onto the page.

Printing it out is the easiest because you have to print out the last page aswell to sign it

• Advertisement

Printing it out is the easiest because you have to print out the last page aswell to sign it

Ok thanks a million. I wonder do they accept the first and last page as two separate pdfs along with the rest of the form. Do you know is that office open this week where the forms are getting sent to. Such a time of year to be at this craic, the selection boxes are off limits until the end of January in my house anyways ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭St.Brigids

S84 wrote: »
    Well you need to have medical after physical, I have my medical on jan 8th & Superintendent i met reckons I should have an offer a few days later for end of jan. I'm 2019 campaign

Wow, that's not much notice of start date.

Do you know when intakes are?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ConcreteAngel

Ok thanks a million. I wonder do they accept the first and last page as two separate pdfs along with the rest of the form. Do you know is that office open this week where the forms are getting sent to. Such a time of year to be at this craic, the selection boxes are off limits until the end of January in my house anyways ðŸ˜

Ya I sent them as separate files and there was no hassle. As for the office being open, I have no idea on that sorry to tell you

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Triplek

Anyone else just receive form b today?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Sorry to be a dose on Christmas Eve but my Form B is due for submission on Friday December 27th. Can O submit all 15 pages as separate attachments ? I won’t be able to submit it any other way as I won’t have access to a stationery shop before Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Larpeyton

Triplek wrote: »
    Anyone else just receive form b today?

Yeah I got mine too

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Whitsundays93

For sit-ups in pct, can we have our arms crossed over chest or do they have to be behind our head?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 peader06

For sit-ups in pct, can we have our arms crossed over chest or do they have to be behind our head?

The standard is, the instructor will stand on your feet, palms of your hands on your thighs and knuckles must go over your knees. I think you can get a video on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 14,542 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Fingertips to your temples, only way they'll accept them.

Hi guys, I'm wondering would somebody be able to answer these questions?

How long after the form b is submitted should I expect the form for the gp?

Do I need to get the gp form signed in person, I work out of the country a lot and I wonder could it be done via an email with my gp?

Are you giving much time to warm up before the shuttle run or do they get you to do a few laps to get you ready?

When your doing the 2nd part of the fitness test. Are you on your own on the course or is there a group doing it at the same time and say each person gets a minute head start ahead of the next person?

Thanks in advance for any replies

• Registered Users Posts: 49 S84

St.Brigids wrote: »
    Wow, that's not much notice of start date.

Do you know when intakes are?

I heard its jan 27th for intake (with an induction week mid January)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LB1197

Does anyone know if there strict on letting people defer the PCT? And if they do defer it do you know how long it takes to get called again? Also does anyone know how strict they are on the 35 sit ups. Like do you have to come all the way up?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

To my knowledge, you can't defer unless you have a sick note from your doctor or serious family thing like a death

Hi guys, I'm wondering would somebody be able to answer these questions?

How long after the form b is submitted should I expect the form for the gp?

Do I need to get the gp form signed in person, I work out of the country a lot and I wonder could it be done via an email with my gp?

Are you giving much time to warm up before the shuttle run or do they get you to do a few laps to get you ready?

When your doing the 2nd part of the fitness test. Are you on your own on the course or is there a group doing it at the same time and say each person gets a minute head start ahead of the next person?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Hi can’t answer the form questions, but for the physical, for the shuttle run it depends on what group you are in. You’ll either get a few minutes to stretch or as long as the other groups take to do it.

With the course 2 will be doing the lap with a 3rd on standby. When the 1st person finishes they go in for the push/pull test then the waiting person starts the laps. This again will depend on your group and lane number on when you go in.

S84 wrote: »
    I heard its jan 27th for intake (with an induction week mid January)

This is correct offers went out week before Christmas, induction on the 13th & 20th and start on the 27th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

Hi guys, I sent my gp clearance on the 24th was due the 27th,has anyone heard about their pct who's deadline for clearance was also the 27th? I'm going away from the 13th to the 15th so I'm worried I'll get called around that time.

Just another question, do we get a choice over sate and time of the pct like stage 1 and 2 through public appointments or do they give us a set time and date for the pct?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Do you get an acknowledgement e-mail or anything when you submit your form B ? I submitted mine on the 25th, it was due the 27th. Haven’t heard anything.

Aaron123 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I sent my gp clearance on the 24th was due the 27th,has anyone heard about their pct who's deadline for clearance was also the 27th? I'm going away from the 13th to the 15th so I'm worried I'll get called around that time.

Your pct will be on a Saturday and is a set date. You need to be at the college for 9am on the date given and should be finished around 1

Ah right great thanks! How do you know??

GavK wrote: »
    Do you get an acknowledgement e-mail or anything when you submit your form B ? I submitted mine on the 25th, it was due the 27th. Haven’t heard anything.

No the only receipt or acknowledgement you get is the gp clearance form which is sent a few weeks after form b

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

peader06 wrote: »
    Your pct will be on a Saturday and is a set date. You need to be at the college for 9am on the date given and should be finished around 1
    not all of them are on a Saturday, I did mine on a Tuesday at 4pm, didn't finish until 9ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 576hkg348rjn21

anyone know, if you fail the PCT, does everything stop until you do the re test or do things keep ticking on?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ocallaghan12

anyone know, if you fail the PCT, does everything stop until you do the re test or do things keep ticking on?
    Everything keeps ticking, I had my interview with the Sargent and will have one with the super next week. Haven't recieved my date for retest yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

Everything keeps ticking, I had my interview with the Sargent and will have one with the super next week. Haven't recieved my date for retest yet.

Have you been waiting long for your retest date?

Advertisement