Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climate Morons on The Late Late Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Can’t believe the blatant ageism on here, I suppose because it’s not the in thing, it’s ok to be rude to the very people that built this country... instead let’s listen to a bunch of snowflake speky twats who never did a days work in their miserable little sheltered lives, not to mention the hypocrisy of it all with their iPhones and jumbo jet holidays

Can anyone here translate this into English?
    high_king wrote: »
    Ahh the green neo nazism comes out.

I don't think your definition of neo-nazi is the same as the rest of us.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I can imagine future generations reading a thread like this and seeing what a crowd of selfish and backward idiots we are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

I can imagine future generations reading a thread like this and seeing what a crowd of selfish and backward idiots we are.

and how duped and brainwashed some were

kowloon wrote: »
    Can anyone here translate this into English?

I don't think your definition of neo-nazi is the same as the rest of us.

do you prefer eco fascism ? Or Trojan horse ?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Yeah by those oil companies and greedy corporations, the oil companies knew 50 years ago this would happen.

• Advertisement

Yeah by those oil companies and greedy corporations, the oil companies knew 50 years ago this would happen.

Funny now how they've transitioned into "green" consortiums, and you think they are going to pay any tax . . lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

do you prefer eco fascism ? Or Trojan horse ?

If you're saying climate change is just a trojan horse for more taxes I can understand that, but I don't think the problem has to be invented for it to be used to justify extra taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Ah **** them. We've had our fun

• Registered Users Posts: 11,105 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

You just feel foolish making the effort when such a high proportion of the worlds population aren't bothering their backsides.

kowloon wrote: »
    If you're saying climate change is just a trojan horse for more taxes I can understand that, but I don't think the problem has to be invented for it to be used to justify extra taxes.

No one claimed it was invented, and you're a naive inexperienced fool if you think paying trojan so called eco taxes for the corporations and the wealthy will save, or go to the environment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

No one claimed it was invented, and you're a naive inexperienced fool if you think paying trojan so called eco taxes for the corporations and the wealthy will save, or go to the environment.

Who are 'the wealthy' people our taxes go to?

wakka12 wrote: »

The ones where we pay their taxes so they don't have to pay any. Anyone from multi-millionaires to Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭abff

Do you really believe that? Or are you just being contrarian?

abff wrote: »
    Do you really believe that? Or are you just being contrarian?

Seen it all before unfortunately, last time round it was about "saving" our banking and financial "system", that worked out well for ordinary people . . not. Fool me once . . .

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

Motivator wrote: »
    Are these people actually serious with this climate carry on? Why do they all look and sound the same? Specky twats with terrible names and even worse fake accents.

When will this end?

I wish we were back in the middle ages. Not only was the climate much better, but low IQ peasants wouldnt be spout their moronic opinions for everyone to see.

sk8erboii wrote: »
    I wish we were back in the middle ages. Not only was the climate much better, but low IQ peasants wouldnt be spout their moronic opinions for everyone to see.

you're too hard on yourself, would you like some of our money ?

sdanseo wrote: »
    The irony is that we do need to be nicer to the environment. But what this is doing is furthering the liberal vs conservative divide, with the former becoming just as militant as is usually associated with the latter. The centre - that bastion of reason - is dissapearing again.

It's now a race to the bottom until another world war comes along to put us all back in our lanes.

Or, some orders of magnitude less likely, the glaciers melt and we all drown of course.

How you know you got brain rot: When you think the world is a giant battle between liberals and conservatives.

No joke, this is what Orwell warned. You cant contextualize anything outside those two terms. Disturbing.

you're too hard on yourself, would you like some of our money ?

How about we cut off your pension and subsidized healthcare old man? Lets see how hard you are about taxes then. Oh and dont use the roads either, just walk on soil.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

How about we cut off your pension and subsidized healthcare old man? Lets see how hard you are about taxes then. Oh and dont use the roads either, just walk on soil.

by the time youre eligible for your pension, the earth will have collided with the sun

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Is it just intelligent people and those with life experience that you dont like? Why is that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

wakka12 wrote: »

Ever hear of energy subsidies?

Old people need to be reminded: The next generation is going to hate them. Your sons and daughters wont think of you fondly. Generations to come will look back and think of you the same way we look at the catholic church now: Backwards and exploitative of younger people.

Its already over for you.

gozunda wrote: »
    Is it just intelligent people and those with life experience that you dont like? Why is that?

? Nah I just hate brain rotted old people. Theyre parasites to society: in every NIMBYISM, anti abortion, anti ecology case theres a backwards old idiot hindering the next generations choices and growth. Its not their world anymore. No lie, their generation cant die soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

Old people need to be reminded: The next generation is going to hate them. Your sons and daughters wont think of you fondly. Generations to come will look back and think of you the same way we look at the catholic church now: Backwards and exploitative of younger people.

It’s ok - we couldn’t hate you absolute disappointments anymore than we already do.

You are just a young **** head who thinks they know it all. Enjoy your meeting with reality in a few years you muppet.

OK, Turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

I was pretty much the opposite to those young people when I was their age. Bit of a messer, drinking and smoking at the weekends, not giving fuck, I probably would have thought these young folks were squares.

I kinda grew up a bit in the intervening years to the point now that I'm glad young people are taking our impact on the environment seriously. There's something tragic about people my age (40's) and older giving out about young people with ideals and concerns.

The strange thing is these reactionaries who have difficulty dealing with thoughts/feelings too complex for their dominant lizard brains actually think they're free thinkers and enlightened. I said it on another thread that being half-smart is worse than being stupid because it leads to climate-change denial, anti-vaxers, and alt-right shit-heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

? Nah I just hate brain rotted old people. Theyre parasites to society: in every NIMBYISM, anti abortion, anti ecology case theres a backwards old idiot hindering the next generations choices and growth. Its not their world anymore. No lie, their generation cant die soon enough.

Reading between the lines - so that's a yes then. Fair enough. That explains a lot.

It’s ok - we couldn’t hate you absolute disappointments anymore than we already do.

You are just a young **** head who thinks they know it all. Enjoy your meeting with reality in a few years you muppet.

Old people are so deluded that science is not reality but the catholic church is. Not even joking, anyone over 40 is from Ireland rural parochial generation. Every contentious legislation comes from these folk. Truly the cancer of society

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

So that's a yes then. Fair enough. That explains a lot.

Never mind this dweeb, he pops up every so often as the voice of the yoof wishing death upon generations with more integrity in one of their pubic hairs than his entire body.

His father is frantically googling if post natal abortion is legal in Ireland...

• Advertisement

Never mind this dweeb, he pops up every so often as the voice of the yoof wishing death upon generations with more integrity in one of their pubic hairs than his entire body.

His father is frantically googling if post natal abortion is legal in Ireland...
    No. The reality is, the younger generation absolutely hates everyone over 35<. There is a huge separation between values concerning religion, womens rights, ecology, geopolitics and whats best for the country. Its a losing battle for old people thankfully, theyre dying (not quick enough) and younger generations want nothing to do with the church or would even question right to abortion.

Thats the reality, not your made up superiority complex over having wasted more years when Ireland was a fringe rural nation.

Advertisement