Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you ever win with HR?

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Stop fighting with them. Get whatever forms you need filled done as quickly as possible. Don't stress about what they say in them or if they reject them. Take time off o recuperate and regroup.

OP was asked to submit complete forms by November 1 or have their contract terminated.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ricicle

Stheno wrote: »
    Well that's not your works fault you failed to ensure they got the info they requested by the date they asked for so your contract was terminated.

Not your pychiatrists fault either, you failed to attend in person so they couldn't fill out the date seen section as it would be a lie.

The next appointment available with the psychiatrist was January 2020 so we had a phone consultation where I was deemed fit to work. Four times I called for an emergency appointment and I couldn’t get one. I didn’t fail to attend in person, I couldn’t get an appointment.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

ricicle wrote: »
    The next appointment available with the psychiatrist was January 2020 so we had a phone consultation where I was deemed fit to work. Four times I called for an emergency appointment and I couldn’t get one. I didn’t fail to attend in person, I couldn’t get an appointment.

You appear to be missing the point.

You did not send in the complete paperwork as requested, on time, ergo your contract was terminated.

It's that simple. You really don't have a leg to stand on here

If I were you I'd take some time to recover from your bereavement then start thinking about work again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

My boss was aware I had an appointment there before this so why were they only informed now, if this is their issue they should be able to put it in writing or tell me all concerns that were reported as all I was told was “you are attending pieta house” but Hr were not aware of my family issues which was my main issue so I don’t know what Hr were actually told
    Yeah you confided in your boss and it looks like they betrayed that confidence. It sucks, but they were just doing their job.

The fact is you don't know for sure who said what, and you can't find out. You can just smack your head against a wall trying to, while risking damage to your reputation. Or you can just do whatever they need you to with as little hassle as possible and try to get better.

Limerick is small enough that your professional reputation is a big deal.

It's pretty clear just seeing your posts that time off would be good for you.

You appear to be missing the point.

You did not send in the complete paperwork as requested, on time, ergo your contract was terminated.

It's that simple. You really don't have a leg to stand on here

If I were you I'd take some time to recover from your bereavement then start thinking about work again

I think you are missing the point. Paperwork was received on time and went missing for a week, time I could have used to get it sorted. As for the information provided, this was beyond my control.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I called the Data Protection Commission

You were given incorrect information.

I think you are missing the point. Paperwork was received on time and went missing for a week, time I could have used to get it sorted. As for the information provided, this was beyond my control.

No. Again. You are missing the point. It was up to you to ensure the paperwork was submitted correctly and on time. It was submitted incomplete.

You have no case here not withstanding the fact that with less than a years service and being on a six month contract you'd very few rights in the first place.

Plus given it took you several pages and two days since starting your thread to mention fixed deadlines I wonder what else you have omitted.

You were given incorrect information.

Given that op has changed their story here multiple times and/or dripfed information, I'd take what they say with a large pinch of salt tbh

No. Again. You are missing the point. It was up to you to ensure the paperwork was submitted correctly and on time. It was submitted incomplete.

You have no case here not withstanding the fact that with less than a years service and being on a six month contract you'd very few rights in the first place.

Plus given it took you several days since starting your thread to mention fixed deadlines I wonder what else you have omitted.

I ensured the documents were submitted on time, I psychically dropped the forms to his office reception to be filled out and he confirmed to me over the phone assessment it would be sent on the 24th. When I was advised it wasn’t received I called the psychiatrist office first to find out what date it was sent. Am I really expected to demand a copy of the report to check it is all filled out correctly before it is sent?!

I mentioned how I was told docs weren’t received etc...on further interrogation I got in to dates etc, if you want to send me your email address I wil by all means send you everything I have from them, when I can redact the information like names etc

Given that op has changed their story here multiple times and/or dripfed information, I'd take what they say with a large pinch of salt tbh

Tell me where I changed my story? I will be happy to clarify any questions you have. It’s a lot of information with lots of dates etc...you may not be able to keep up but I didn’t withhold any information,

• Advertisement

Tell me where I changed my story? I will be happy to clarify any questions you have. It’s a lot of information with lots of dates etc...you may not be able to keep up but I didn’t withhold any information,

You first posted about the november 1st deadline this evening.

Anyway don't bother responding I'm putting you on ignore.

You first posted about the november 1st deadline this evening.

Anyway don't bother responding I'm putting you on ignore.

I said I was advised I didn’t return docs on time very early on in my posts, I wasn’t aware I was required to post the date.

I'd be inclined to agree. I worked for the DPC. It's not an answer they would give.

Well I called them and spoke to a guy (can’t remember his name) and told I wouldn’t be able to get the information like that, if you need to see my call log that’s fine, I’d go so far as to request a copy of the call because if I was I’ll advised I would like to know

Sort out your health insurance ASAP if it was provided by your employer. 5b is not a pleasant environment. St John of Gods is like a country club in comparison. The whole culture in Dublin seems different tbh. A gentle approach intended to avoid alienating the patient or causing distrust. The approach in Limerick is more authoritarian.

A good thing you can do apart from that is to take a big break from the internet. Web access enables mentally unwell people to cause substantial damage to their reputations and relationships.

Sort out your health insurance ASAP if it was provided by your employer. 5b is not a pleasant environment. St John of Gods is like a country club in comparison. The whole culture in Dublin seems different tbh. A gentle approach intended to avoid alienating the patient or causing distrust. The approach in Limerick is more authoritarian.

A good thing you can do apart from that is to take a big break from the internet. Web access enables mentally unwell people to cause substantial damage to their reputations and relationships.

Thanks, I came here for advice not an interrogation, i have answered every question asked of me. And because I have previous posts about my mental health on boards it is presumed I must have done something wrong. I might have a mental illness but I am trying to get on in life and work, I am being prevented from doing this, being passed forward and back, I have highlighted issues about documents, incorrect information etc but of course there has to be more to it!

Thanks, I came here for advice not an interrogation, i have answered every question asked of me. And because I have previous posts about my mental health on boards it is presumed I must have done something wrong. I might have a mental illness but I am trying to get on in life and work, I am being prevented from doing this, being passed forward and back, I have highlighted issues about documents, incorrect information etc but of course there has to be more to it!
    Nope not assuming anything but your posts are rabid and irrational.

The perpetrator of one of the most horrific crimes in this country's history is going to arrive in 5b pretty soon I reckon, if he is not already there. Last time I visited someone in the place there was zero segregation, so I guess he'll be sharing a room with John from across the street.

Nope not assuming anything but your posts are rabid and irrational.

The perpetrator of one of the most horrific crimes in this country's history is going to arrive in 5b pretty soon I reckon, if he is not already there. Last time I visited someone in the place there was zero segregation, so I guess he'll be sharing a room with John from across the street.

Ah no I wasn’t saying it was you were assuming, I was talking about previous responses, sorry if it came across like that. I don’t intend on going in to hospital, I have no psychotic symptoms and am receiving counselling. I am quite afraid of the hospital, I agree I needed to be there some times in the past but I was punched in the stomach by another patient once and nothing was done, and when I talked to a nurse she insisted I would never jump in front of a train as I would be “a mangled wreck”

Home care could help but need a referral for that unfortunately.

Can you tell me how my posts are rabid and irrational? If they are I would like to know as this would be a sign of illness

Ah no I wasn’t saying it was you were assuming, I was talking about previous responses, sorry if it came across like that. I don’t intend on going in to hospital, I have no psychotic symptoms and am receiving counselling. I am quite afraid of the hospital, I agree I needed to be there some times in the past but I was punched in the stomach by another patient once and nothing was done, and when I talked to a nurse she insisted I would never jump in front of a train as I would be “a mangled wreck”

Home care could help but need a referral for that unfortunately.

Can you tell me how my posts are rabid and irrational? If they are I would like to know as this would be a sign of illness
    Yup I can take a good guess at who that nurse was. The place is a ****hole. It's a compelling reason in itself for everyone in Limerick to get health insurance.

A main thing I was responding to was that you seemed to be saying I was interrogating you, but from your reply I get that you were referring to other posts. The sheer volume of fairly verbose posts suggests agitation. The combative attitude towards your employer is not really rational because it's unlikely to accomplish anything except for damage to yourself. Some of your posts are a bit incoherent.

Sorry for using the term rabid, it's not complementary, but I think it's fair to say that you're agitated.

Yup I can take a good guess at who that nurse was. The place is a ****hole. It's a compelling reason in itself for everyone in Limerick to get health insurance.

A main thing I was responding to was that you seemed to be saying I was interrogating you, but from your reply I get that you were referring to other posts. The sheer volume of fairly verbose posts suggests agitation. The combative attitude towards your employer is not really rational because it's unlikely to accomplish anything except for damage to yourself. Some of your posts are a bit incoherent.

Sorry for using the term rabid, it's not complementary, but I think it's fair to say that you're agitated.

Thanks for your response, i just feel like I am jumping through hoops for my employer and they are not treating me with a basic level of respect, I feel like they are making things difficult because they don’t want me there, I worked there from 2012-2015 and have an excellent record, I came back in July and since my mental health was disclosed there has been issues with HR. I am angry at mt employer as I feel like it’s unfair to have done every thing they asked and then be told it’s not enough, but they can not give me basic responses to my queries, I can back up everything I have said about them, I have all the emails. I feel ther phone line should be recorded as if i spoke to a customer he way they spoke to me it wouldn’t be accepted. It would be fair to say I am agitated and I feel wronged, for as long as I have a diagnosis I will always be seen to be in the wrong though because I have the unstable label,

I would like this thread deleted I have given too much information regarding dates etc that makes me identifiable to my employer

Further to this I was accused of changing my story with no evidence to back this up, I said I was happy to answer any questions. If I was lying or omitting details do you really think I would be on a forum named legal advise

I was accused of omitting information for not mentioning a specific deadline date until yesterday but in my very first post I mention being told I didn’t return documentation on time.

Also I said the information I was given by the Data Protection Commission, I’m only saying what I was told after I told him what was going on, but I couldn’t have been incorrectly advised and must be lying!

It seems I must be not telling the full truth because I have a chronic mental illness. There has to be some ulterior motive, stigma is still alive and well, I will always be in the wrong for having a label.

• Advertisement

Good idea to get the thread deleted I think :) Best of luck with everything

• Registered Users Posts: 9,407 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I don't know if it's been mentioned OP but it might be worth trying to find an employment solicitor, maybe through free legal aid, who would be able to listen and advise you properly, especially if there's talk of conrtacts being terminated.

Write everything down in order in as much relevant detail as possible. A timeline, a description of what dates on the form mean and what was filled in, what people said, all factual stuff, almost like writing a procedure. Try to keep the personal stuff seperate, how it made you feel, your relationship with your manager, what you thought or were expecting. By all means write it down but in a seperate document.

I hope it all works out for you.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Hope things work out. Mind yourself. Your health is more important than anything else.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Closed for mod review

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement