Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

How come family guy is not on it ???

Do fox have there own on demand service

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

30 seasons, only 10 of which are worth watching.

(But those 10 are some of the best TV ever).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

PTH2009 wrote: »
    How come family guy is not on it ???

Do fox have there own on demand service

Family Guy will not be on the Disney+ service. Expect it on Hulu when it launches next year (hopefully)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Zhane wrote: »
    Family Guy will not be on the Disney+ service. Expect it on Hulu when it launches next year (hopefully)

I collect the dvds so not really bothered just curious

They brought back the Simpsons full seasons dvds a year or 2 ago but i wonder what happens in that regard now ?

Anything for Android TV or will be be a complete faff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Anyone missing the cast icon on the Android app? Plays fine on my phone but can't cast it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Signed up for the year last night and today I downloaded the iPhone app. When I try to log in though I get a message “Disney+ is only available in certain regions blah blah blah contact support”

Has anyone else experienced this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

jarvis wrote: »
    Signed up for the year last night and today I downloaded the iPhone app. When I try to log in though I get a message “Disney+ is only available in certain regions blah blah blah contact support”

Has anyone else experienced this?

Worked no problem for me. Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Watching rogue one as a test and it's very nice 4k HDR picture

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

Disney+
    Sky not yet switched on the app

App is already in the Sky Q Box software but it's hidden at the moment
    Parent Controls there is a option to turn of acces to the Disney+ App so the app is loaded in the recent software update

I expect you will see at some stage later today the Disney+ App appear in Apps section on the Sky Q box
    It's just a matter of Sky sending a signal to the Sky Q Boxes to make the app be seen

• Advertisement

Nalz wrote: »
    Anyone missing the cast icon on the Android app? Plays fine on my phone but can't cast it

casting/mirroring the screen to TV only plays the sound :-( Netflix screen casting/mirroring works fine

• Registered Users Posts: 33,646 ✭✭✭✭listermint

peteeeed wrote: »
    Watching rogue one as a test and it's very nice 4k HDR picture

Not sure how they've said it's reduced bandwidth launch.....

Unless of course you can't tell the difference which shows how good or useless 4k is..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,646 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Nalz wrote: »
    casting/mirroring the screen to TV only plays the sound :-( Netflix screen casting/mirroring works fine

If you don't have the cast icon then your phone is not correctly on WiFi or you need to reinstall the Google home app on your phone.

Anything for Android TV or will be be a complete faff?

There does seem to be one fyi. I installed it from the web version of google play on my iPhone so hopefully it’ll appear when I turn on the Shield this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I forgot how good those earlier eposides of the Simpsons were, great to have a laugh in the current environment.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    I forgot how good those earlier eposides of the Simpsons were, great to have a laugh in the current environment.

Probably my favourite TV of all time. They were brilliant.

listermint wrote: »
    If you don't have the cast icon then your phone is not correctly on WiFi or you need to reinstall the Google home app on your phone.

Thanks but icon appears fine on Netflix YouTube etc

Thanks but icon appears fine on Netflix YouTube etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Have it up and going on sky , kids very happy and a lot I will watch as well .. Was frozen 2 meant to on it from launch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

Disney+ App now active on Sky Q

App is listed in Apps section

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

harr wrote: »
    Have it up and going on sky , kids very happy and a lot I will watch as well .. Was frozen 2 meant to on it from launch

No. It’s available ‘on demand’ early (ie pay per view) but won’t be on this for a little while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

can you get this on a Now Tv stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭nialldinho

harr wrote: »

It was added early in the US but mustn’t be doing the same here. Probably means we won’t get Onward early either. US get in on April 3rd I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Not sure how they've said it's reduced bandwidth launch.....

Unless of course you can't tell the difference which shows how good or useless 4k is..

HDR is great , massive difference in colour

• Registered Users Posts: 16,890 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

listermint wrote:

It's reduced by at least 25 percent. Can't say I fully understand how it works but to me it is suggest 3k or less. I remember when launched in the US a home cinema magazines ran tests and said Even then that it wasn't full 4k.

Having said all that I have a 65 Inch screen & it looks pretty good

Dodge wrote: »
    No. It’s available ‘on demand’ early (ie pay per view) but won’t be on this for a little while
    July 199 2020 according to the app.
    Slightly annoyed to see it in the list and not have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I'd anyone else getting an error in the Google play store subbing the app isn't available in your location?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

July 199 2020 according to the app.
    Slightly annoyed to see it in the list and not have it.
    I must have seen it on the list and I taught it was in from launch.. anyway plenty to keep us occupied.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,490 ✭✭✭brevity

Anyone with a Philips smart tv able to get the App?

Edit. I think its SAPHI App store but i cant find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

downloaded the app on the phone no problem, but it just spins when you open it, half the population probably trying to log in :-)

will try it on the tv in a while

Advertisement