Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup Final 2019 Eng vs S Africa

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,630 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Lads, who's the Eimearnator?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭PinotNero

is_that_so wrote: »
    And score a lot more points?

And tries!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,625 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Waiting for Faf to box kick his medal down the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

no.8 wrote: »
    The most frustrating of watches. Nice to see SA given the rub of the green again. Forward pass, de Klerk yellow card missed. Poxy ref
    Lose some money or something? :pac:

Some backstory for Kolisi all the same, superb role model.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

Thanks you Boks. Backed them a year ago to go all the way. Out Englanded England.

Lads, who's the Eimearnator?

Eir ran a world cup ad with Bowe, D'arcy and Stringer playing an Xbox and all are getting destroyed by someone in the game.

D'arcy "lads who's the... Eimearnator?"

Chair in the corner swings around and its Eimear Considine looking like a gaming pro saying something pithy to them.

Funny but a bit cringe :)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,301 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Eir ran a world cup ad with Bowe, D'arcy and Stringer playing an Xbox and getting destroyed by someone.

Chair in the corner swings around and its Eimear Considine looking like a gaming pro saying something pithy to them.

Whoosh.......... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,031 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

If you need the ref to win the game for you then you've already lost.

The South African team won the game. They were deserving winners. The scoreline and performance was very conclusive, 20 points, a very one sided game. Two moments in the game a borderline forward pass which was probably forward and a possible yellow went their way. Either way they would have lost having done zero to trouble South Africa.

Eir ran a world cup ad with Bowe, D'arcy and Stringer playing an Xbox and all are getting destroyed by someone in the game.

Ah I know who she is, that's the line :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Better team won. Simples.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Whoosh.......... :D

Oh balls. Whoosh is right

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

You just dropped the ball forward there!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

All right lads?! :D

ParkRunner wrote: »
    You just dropped the ball forward there!

Whilst over the try line :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

For every good ex-player pundit there's 3 terrible ones. BOD, Fitzgerald, Heaslip are all examples of ex-players who have proved that their performances on the pitch don't translate to the media side of things

Heaslip isn't the worst, bod drives me spare tbh and no comment needed on luuuke.hes that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,133 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I wonder will Felix Jones get the same plaudits for being the first Irishman involved in a world cup winning squad as Michelle O'Neill did for doing lineswoman for the Women's World Cup final?

I don't think so as it isn't ticking the correct box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭GDK_11

Hear hear well said. Lots of great honest, hard-working lads in the England squad. But some people love to get the knives out at any opportunity.

Disappointed obviously but most fans including myself will just say well beaten by the better team. I think I disputed one scrum and a possible yellow but that’s it, wouldn’t have made a difference as SA were so good. Every comment I have seen from the England players after the game have been similar, beaten by the better team so I don’t see a huge amount of arrogance there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

I wonder will Felix Jones get the same plaudits for being the first Irishman involved in a world cup winning squad as Michelle O'Neill did for doing lineswoman for the Women's World Cup final?

I don't think so as it isn't ticking the correct box.

Leave that rubbish in other forums.

Serious change in the rugby world now post world cup.

No more Barnes, Garces, Joe, Gatland, Erasmus, Hanson and numerous marquee players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,498 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

how can they say the tournament was run like a dream? there were games cancelled for gods sake

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

VobhKMC.jpg

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    Supported Folau's homophobic Instagramming.

did he come out in support of folau?

tototoe wrote: »
    Heaslip isn't the worst, bod drives me spare tbh and no comment needed on luuuke.hes that bad.

ferris is awful as well

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

how can they say the tournament was run like a dream? there were games cancelled for gods sake
    Yeah but they don't count because they didn't happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

Do South Africa stand any realistic chance? Feels like its a case of how much England win by not if they win.

Lol.

ferris is awful as well

I like Ferris a lot. He has good insights and also breaks the eye line between Heaslip and Eddie!

did he come out in support of folau?

He liked falou's post on Instagram. Media picked up on it and Vunipola doubled down. Saracens punished him for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

Extraordinary and moving to see black South African lift the trophy. Pienaar and Mandela moment for the ages.

• Advertisement

He liked falou's post on Instagram. Media picked up on it and Vunipola doubled down. Saracens punished him for it.

He got his comeuppance though. Confronted by a Munster fan in dubes on the pitch :D

Advertisement