Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun license Question.

Options
  • 28-10-2019 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all, so 6 months ago I bought a .22 brake barrel air rifle which has been great fun. But now I'm thinking of upgrading to a PCP. What I want to know is can I change my license over to another firearm on will it require me paying another €80 even though I'll be trading in the brake barrel?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

A simple substitution using the FCA1 form, and tick "Substitution" then complete as follows:
    • Section 1 - Tick "substitution", and "I have not held a cert............".
    • Section 2.1 - All of it.
    • Section 2.4 - All of it.
    • Section 3.1 - Input the details of new gun here
    • Section 3.2 - Tick Silencer if you want one/want to carry it to your new license
    • Section 3.3 - Dealers details.
    • Section 3.4 - Input your current firearm details here.
    • Section 3.5 - All of it.
    • Section 4.1 - All of it.
    • Section 4.2 - All of it.
    • Section 4.3 - Depending on whether you are a member of a range or gun club.
    • Section 5.1 - All of it.
    • Sign and date it.
    Include a single photo, sign and date it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement