Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Order - Closing Date 24th November

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Also - No.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Just go with the first one godtabh got done.
    Whatever design that john gets done someone wont be happy.
    We could be here for weeks arguing about a design!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,350 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

koutoubia wrote: »
    someone put this man in charge.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

koutoubia wrote: »

Hence my comment on design by committee!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

I think a vote would be good. 3 or 4 choices, 24 hours voting time and go with the most popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭koutoubia

someone put this man in charge.
    I served my time!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Putting this out there for consideration (and subject to HQ ok)

Verge can do multiple design with no minimum order. If HQ sign off on the use of logo/text people maybe able to design what ever they want and order it.

The flip to this is that if we can guarantee a minimum order size on one design we'll get a discount. How much will depend on order size.

The conditions of the above maybe something like an agreement with John that the only text on the jersey will be 'boards.ie', 'Four Ten', or '410' and the only logo would be the boards logo and suppliers?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭Macy0161

godtabh wrote: »
    Putting this out there for consideration (and subject to HQ ok)

Verge can do multiple design with no minimum order. If HQ sign off on the use of logo/text people maybe able to design what ever they want and order it.

The flip to this is that if we can guarantee a minimum order size on one design we'll get a discount. How much will depend on order size.

The conditions of the above maybe something like an agreement with John that the only text on the jersey will be 'boards.ie', 'Four Ten', or '410' and the only logo would be the boards logo and suppliers?
    Not sure I have the skills or colour vision for self design, but the plain black one and a more colourful one might work? If it was going to be a vote between two, just have it as the two as options?

I like the pink one!

• Advertisement

godtabh wrote: »
    I like the pink one!
    Me too. Followed by v3.

From john
    we can open a team store for ye leave it open for 10 days or so and have the different art works on it so people can choose what they want themselves

its up to ye then if ye want to ship to peoples houses or just to one boards address

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭statto25

v3 is my vote

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,350 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

can i get one with 'MODERATOR' emblazoned across the back? might give me an air of authority while out on the road.

Whats the cost of to home? tbh I think collection is a pain for the POC, and many customers. Our club has moved away from direct delivery as the kit officer is still carrying orders from the spring!

Not sure yet. Will need to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Me too. Followed by v3.

Me three!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I like v1 but that's probably because it's quite similar to the current one that I have.

V3 is quite good too. V4 is probably a bit loud for my taste.

Is it just me or should the Boards logo not be on the left of the jersey...?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

V3 and V4 for me. In fact I like all the rest better than v1.

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Whats the cost of to home? tbh I think collection is a pain for the POC, and many customers. Our club has moved away from direct delivery as the kit officer is still carrying orders from the spring!

It'd cost more, but home/office delivery is probably better if people actually want the kit. There's always been some left behind at HQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

V4 and V3 are the best in my opinion

€9 postage

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

3, 1, 2, 4 is my order of preference.
    can i get one with 'MODERATOR' emblazoned across the back? might give me an air of authority while out on the road.
    respect-my-authority.jpeg

it would mean i can shout 'I INFRACT THEE' at cyclists cycling without lights at night, y'see.

what's the sizing like on the verg stuff? i.e. are they italian sizing or err on the side of being a little bigger?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭devonp

V1 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

what's the sizing like on the verg stuff? i.e. are they italian sizing or err on the side of being a little bigger?

https://www.vergesport.com/gb-en/custom/overview/sizing-samples/mens-cycling-cuts/

if its relaxed cut its fairly normal, i take XL in normal clothes and XL in relaxed cut (our club gear is verge)

I can bring an L jersey/Shorts around to you some day to try.

I'd say they're about spot on for me. I'd be an L in most brands, between L/XL for Castelli and a Medium in Gore and some Altura tops.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I bought some Verge stuff recently in a club buy and found the medium (my usual size) to be tight for the bib shorts but fine for the jersey.

There is a verge sizing table here...
    https://www.vergesport.com/us-en/custom/overview/sizing-samples/mens-cycling-cuts/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭secman

V3 would be my choice, verge fitting are accurate, I'm an L in most gear and club gear is verge..L is just fine and snug.

Advertisement