Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COOLOCK residents are moving to try to block plans

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,481 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

STB. wrote: »
    Yeah, not jumping at that.

High Rise DOES NOT work in suburbia.

Having 100% social housing in a high rise does not work.

Private rented or owner occupier high rise is absolutely fine in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

lola85 wrote: »
    It does in other countries.

But wildlife or something..

Wildlife ? What are you waffling about.

Having 100% social housing in a high rise does not work.

Private rented or owner occupier high rise is absolutely fine in my opinion.
    High rise apartments and flat like complexes do not work in Ireland.

The truth is that Eoghan Murphy's knee jerk reactions to what FG didn't do over the previous 8 years have not worked. There is already a shít load of permitted large scale housing developments approved by ABP through their fast track housing mechanism.

Want to know what happens when these permissions are obtained ? Selling on of the permissions. It is astonishing that the media have not picked up on it. Its like Celtic Tiger without the builds.

Look at the numbers already permitted.......

3 cranes on new apartment blocks just went up in my area only last week...things moving alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

shesty wrote: »
    I actually didn't post the link to the right article there.Here's the one I meant to post.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/developer-offers-471-apartments-for-social-housing-in-dublin-1.4058268?mode=amp

I took the main point from all that to be that the State spent 2 billion sorting out the whole Ballymun thing, and yet here we (potentially) go again.... regardless of area or how many storeys.

If people are given a free house and can’t act like normal civilized people well it’s certainly no one elses fault except the people themselves.

Not the state, or the government or anyone else.

Personal responsibility anyone?

3 cranes on new apartment blocks just went up in my area only last week...things moving alright.

There are loads, and I mean shítloads of already permitted large scale housing developments and it becomes a risk and profit game, where the original applicants never had any intention of building anything. It was to further monetise an asset.

These are just the current ones that are in public consultation.

http://www.pleanala.ie/shd/applications/CurrentApplications/Current%20Applications11Oct.pdf

Its the biggest con ever allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Niallof9

Will people stop using the term high rise...ffs

There are loads, and I mean shítloads of already permitted large scale housing developments and it becomes a risk and profit game, where the original applicants never had any intention of building anything. It was to further monetise an asset.

These are just the current ones that are in public consultation.

http://www.pleanala.ie/shd/applications/CurrentApplications/Current%20Applications11Oct.pdf

Its the biggest con ever allowed.

There is a simple answer to that and I believe it is being examined.

Give all fast track applicants if their application is successful 12 months to start construction.

If they don't start construction they lose permission and get fined.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

A big thing here would be schools.

New coolock village apartments.

New apartments on chivers old site

New apartments on old tayto site.

Could amount to a lot of kids looking for schools.

The school on Mask Ave had a fire last week, they struggled to find places for the pupils displaced by this.

DCC made an aful cockup by paving over the water connections for the fire brigade............they had to get the water from a connection on the malahide road and use a water tanker......idiots:mad:

Infrastructure for all these people not fully thought out.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

There is a simple answer to that and I believe it is being examined.

Give all fast track applicants if their application is successful 12 months to start construction.

If they don't start construction they lose permission and get fined.

Yeah BUT its NOT in the legislation or any of the permissions granted.

Incidentally that whole SHD process has been extended until the end of 2021.

Plenty of land to accumulate money on through land with permission without taking the risks of building anything. No immediate fast track house building.

A big thing here would be schools.

New coolock village apartments.

New apartments on chivers old site

New apartments on old tayto site.

Could amount to a lot of kids looking for schools.

The school on Mask Ave had a fire last week, they struggled to find places for the pupils displaced by this.

DCC made an aful cockup by paving over the water connections for the fire brigade............they had to get the water from a connection on the malahide road and use a water tanker......idiots:mad:

Infrastructure for all these people not fully thought out.

As always there will be places in school for every kid.

More scaremongering.

• Advertisement

Wildlife ? What are you waffling about.

High rise apartments and flat like complexes do not work in Ireland.

The truth is that Eoghan Murphy's knee jerk reactions to what FG didn't do over the previous 8 years have not worked. There is already a shít load of permitted large scale housing developments approved by ABP through their fast track housing mechanism.

Want to know what happens when these permissions are obtained ? Selling on of the permissions. It is astonishing that the media have not picked up on it. Its like Celtic Tiger without the builds.

Look at the numbers already permitted.......

Yeah so astonishing only you have picked up on it at?

You should go to some media outlet with this astonishing revelation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,839 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I read that Murphy intends to change the legislation to a use it or lose it when a scheme receives pp ...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

On the subject of postcode boundaries, Eircodes in the Dublin postcode zones are tied to those, so it's all here (generally speaking, read disclaimer top left. For example parts of D11 , D13, D17 etc are addressed as Co. Dublin with a DXX Eircode):
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1ObFwqV2vtigkclpjea3sUHNhUuw&ll=53.393110838992506%2C-6.184066326938364&z=15

Alternatively just look at the street signs.

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3898713,-6.2002572,3a,75y,238h,55.58t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sWWTQ3yJkvc5M8yNBZ814Zw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

lola85 wrote: »
    As always there will be places in school for every kid.

More scaremongering.

Could you name those Schools please

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Advertisement