Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asylum Seekers Getting Apartments in Ballinamore - mod warning in OP (18/10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭atticu

Boggles wrote: »

For a moment I thought you had tried to back up your opinion, but no, just a link to the Central Statistics Office and a charity.

So, an unfounded and unsubstantiated opinion is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,625 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

atticu wrote: »
    For a moment I thought you had tried to back up your opinion, but no, just a link to the Central Statistics Office and a charity.

So, an unfounded and unsubstantiated opinion is all.

Honestly short of getting the crayons out I have no idea how I can explain it to you further, you asked me to clarify my clear and concise post which I did, you asked to back up my opinion with evidence, I did.

So I'd appreciate if you just stop replying to me, ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Honestly short of getting the crayons out I have no idea how I can explain it to you further, you asked me to clarify my clear and concise post which I did, you asked to back up my opinion with evidence, I did.

And to your amazing 'evidence' , I say this....
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/number-of-vacant-homes-may-be-grossly-overstated-1.3220063
    Number of vacant homes ‘may be grossly overstated’
    Dublin study indicates that census data on unoccupied houses and apartments is inaccurate....
    ....Its study, which involved council officials visiting houses listed as vacant, found that only a very small number of houses in the north county Dublin authority area (perhaps only 50 or 60) were genuinely unoccupied, compared with the 3,000 figure stated for Fingal in the official census returns.
    The study involved physically checking out 76 “empty” homes to discover that 63 of them were in fact fully occupied.

2/10...must try much harder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

enricoh wrote: »
    So asylum spoofers are as 'valuable' to a town as people in high paying jobs in apple or some other mnc?!
    Ive heard it all now!

So the hundreds of Apple workers might never have needed a local doctor, nor their children schooling.

Pull the one /excuses "oh ye concerned locals" i.e racists...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Many of rural irelands problems with service closure and crap public transport are entirely of its own making, build a one off two miles from town....then complain about crap public transport. But thats probably off topic for this thread.

There is this myth out there that if you didn't have the one off rural houses everything would be great and if we all lived centralised in towns and even villages shure it would be great and we wouldn't need cars and the local services would stay open.

Except that is bullcr**.

Garda stations and banks have been closed in villages and smaller towns.
    Nothing at all to do with one off rural housing.

There is fook all public transport between most villages, smaller towns and even bigger towns.
    It is not so bad if you are along major link between major towns, but cr** otherwise.
    And moving all the one off houses, all those living on surrounding farms into village will not change it.

But of course that doesn't play into the hobby horse some get onto about one off rural housing.:rolleyes:

For instance how many bus routes go through Ballinamore and how often are there buses on those routes ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Chinasea wrote: »
    The same moaners/racists "concerned locals" were rolling out red carpets for the hundreds of people that would have arrived to take up residence in the West should Apple have set up their base.

A company bringing skilled employment and thus skilled employees to better a town is vastly different to uneducated migrants with little money and no right to work.

But you know that ofcourse, you’d rather just believe everyone in every rural village is a racist....

So I'd appreciate if you just stop replying to me, ta.

You did not provide any evidence to backup your opinion.
    Your posts are not clear and concise, they are just your unsubstantiated opinion.
    Please don’t try and pass your opinion off as fact.

As for not replying to you - unsubstantiated opinions can be challenged on a discussion forum, you do this often.

jay0109 wrote: »

Brilliant are you trying to say there isn't a large amount of vacant premises in the state?

There is more than enough local authority houses to house homeless.

More than 3,600 local authority homes vacant at end of 2017

Chinasea wrote: »
    So asylum spoofers are as 'valuable' to a town as people in high paying jobs in apple or some other mnc?!
    Ive heard it all now!

So the hundreds of Apple workers might never have needed a local doctor, nor their children schooling.

Pull the one /excuses "oh ye concerned locals" i.e racists...

Jaysus fook.

Does it really have to be spelt out to you about the possible economic benefits to the local area of someone with a well paying job/careers settling in the area as opposed to someone who is welfare dependent settling in the area ?
    Do you really have to have that explained to you ?

One group brings in disposable income whilst the other group have a meagre disposable income to spend.

Now I bet someone will argue the ones with the bigger income can and will travel outside local area to spend whereas the others can't travel to spend what few quid they may have.

But you need to look at bigger picture.
    When the worker does spend there is greater chance they will spend more simply because they have more.

And which one is more likely to stay, out down links in the community ?
    The one with job nearby or the one with no job and no historic links to keep them in the community ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Anyone can look at Sinn Fein Carrickmacross Castleblaney Electoral area Facebook page
    There are a couple of statements by Sinn Fein
    Then the comments underneath are from locals discussing the issues.
    No doubt I’ll be quoted and told it’s just all ‘racists moaning and unsubstantiated claims’ etc etc

People on the whole are good, they’re not racists and have no problem in helping people out who need it.

But start shouting down regular down the middle of the road people racists for asking a few questions
    Throw in cover ups of issues
    And you get Trump and Brexit
    I called both of them here years ago and I can see more of the same.

The far left and right are two cheeks of the same arse
    the far left are just as responsible for people hardening their stances, as the far right are capitalising on the situation

• Advertisement

jmayo wrote: »
    For instance how many bus routes go through Ballinamore and how often are there buses on those routes ?

Daily buses to dromod, Carrick on Shannon & cavan.
    Ulster bus also goes through the town, can't remember how often.
    Theres a bus to enniskillen also

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

bubblypop wrote: »

Strictly speaking, asylum seekers in Ireland can’t travel into N.I. without a UK visa.

Brilliant are you trying to say there isn't a large amount of vacant premises in the state?

There is more than enough local authority houses to house homeless.

More than 3,600 local authority homes vacant at end of 2017

I'm saying that a lot of people don't fill out census forms. Do you think there are several thousand holiday houses in Fingal!
    And are you saying that empty holiday houses should be used for asylum seekers?

3,600 vacant social houses....spread all over the country, many 1-offs, a lot in need of repair. A social housing waiting list with the best part of 100k people on it.
    I'm not sure what your trying to say here except perhaps deflect from the point that you tried to make about vacant housing which turned out to be hopelessly wrong and inaccurate.

And are you saying that empty holiday houses should be used for asylum seekers?

3,600 vacant social houses....spread all over the country, many 1-offs, a lot in .

Yeah, you need to go back and read my posts.

Good lad.

We have read your posts.
    They just contain your unsubstantiated opinions.

We have challenged your opinions and you have not been able to back them up with any substantial proof.

Good lad.

Your points have proven time and time again to be big on hugs and kisses and short on facts.
    It would be great if Ireland could run on feel good and aspirations but it can't and it doesn't.

There is no glut of vacant houses in the State unless your advocating seizing private property currently used as holiday homes.
    The census figures are not always accurate- lots of people don't fill out the forms...I wonder why that is the case in a lot of circumstances :rolleyes:
    We need a Ballinamore every week to keep up with the current numbers of asylum seekers. It doesn't bother you that the majority are coming from non war zones such as Georgia or Albania and that the rejection rates are huge (deportation rates less so!). Just keep letting them come in, in the hope you can change Ireland forever into some form/shape you'd like to see it in.

No point debating issues with people such as yourself. Playing handball off a hay stack.
    Adieu

Your points have proven time and time again to be big on hugs and kisses and short on facts.
    It would be great if Ireland could run on feel good and aspirations but it can't and it doesn't.

There is no glut of vacant houses in the State unless your advocating seizing private property currently used as holiday homes.
    The census figures are not always accurate- lots of people don't fill out the forms...I wonder why that is the case in a lot of circumstances :rolleyes:
    We need a Ballinamore every week to keep up with the current numbers of asylum seekers. It doesn't bother you that the majority are coming from non war zones such as Georgia or Albania and that the rejection rates are huge (deportation rates less so!). Just keep letting them come in, in the hope you can change Ireland forever into some form/shape you'd like to see it in.

No point debating issues with people such as yourself. Playing handball off a hay stack.
    Adieu

So you didn't read my posts you just decided you were going to go rage typing and that's that.

Fair play to you.

Adieu indeed.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Daily buses to dromod, Carrick on Shannon & cavan.
    Ulster bus also goes through the town, can't remember how often.

Ehh I know there are daily buses with routes from/to likes of Sligo/Enniskillen.
    But how often?
    One bus a day is shag all use to someone without car and without relatives/friends with car.

And also dear god what the feck use is a bus to Dromod.
    Unless you have a boat waiting at the marina for you or something. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭enricoh

Heres a fine doctor or engineer from todays indo.
    Arrived 19 years ago from that wartorn hellhole moldova n claimed asylum. Has worked for 1 year since!
    Resides in clonsilla courtesy of the taxpayer n is separated from missus n 4 kids. Another house required from taxpayer there no doubt.
    In court looking for a handy compo payout.
    What has this parasite cost the country so far?!

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/man-denies-his-accident-claim-for-collision-is-a-massive-fraud-38606113.html

Ehh I know there are daily buses with routes from/to likes of Sligo/Enniskillen.
    But how often?
    One bus a day is shag all use to someone without car and without relatives/friends with car.

There's more than one a day, can't remember how many.
    Dromod has a train station, it's in the main Dublin to sligo line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

He has sued Yagoslav Bogoyski. Something funny going on there alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

Heres a fine doctor or engineer from todays indo.
    Arrived 19 years ago from that wartorn hellhole moldova n claimed asylum. Has worked for 1 year since!
    Resides in clonsilla courtesy of the taxpayer n is separated from missus n 4 kids. Another house required from taxpayer there no doubt.
    In court looking for a handy compo payout.
    What has this parasite cost the country so far?!

Not that this is directly linked to OP - but brings up something: (and no, I am not going to open indo links) after 19 years you'd think he is a citizen, or no ?
    So, on citizenship for former AS - is there anything obvious that must be improved in the process of acquiring citizenship by naturalization ? Or should they expand the conditions when a citizenship can be revoked ? I keep hearing that once acquired, Irish citizenship is only rarely revoked.

Is this still ... contemporary ? I would expect individuals involved in terrorism acts, human trafficking, rape (there may be other as serious offenses) are stripped out of the citizenship immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Good lad.

Think we've read enough of the same thanks. Stop bringing in people when we can't even look after our own. Full stop. End of argument.

mvl wrote: »
    I would expect individuals involved in terrorism acts, human trafficking, rape (there may be other as serious offenses) are stripped out of the citizenship immediately.

The minister of justice has the power to revoke citizenship.
    Think we've read enough of the same thanks. Stop bringing in people when we can't even look after our own. Full stop. End of argument.

I was talking about looking after "our own". :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

The minister of justice has the power to revoke citizenship.
    Yeah. One of the reasons that can trigger revocation is when "the person to whom it was granted has, by any overt act, shown himself to have failed in his duty of fidelity to the nation and loyalty to the State"
    But found an article the other day saying that there only have been 5 revocations ever -> This is not cool.
    - If anyone hears otherwise - feel free to share.
    I would assume Irish nation being the group of people that inhabit the territory and are connected by history, culture for example. So only looking at threads here one could find easily many examples of migrant ppl promoting hate towards Irish culture or history (with religion being included in both), we can talk for hours.
    But my point is that anyone who emigrates here must understand their behavior must adapt to the local one, and not the other way around.
    And I do think the citizenship rules can be stricter for asylum applicants too, so that citizenship (grant/revoke) can be used to keep the rules of play for a safer Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

But how often?

To be fair, a bunch of people use that bus from Dromod to Mohill and Ballinamore to connect with the train. There is a few of them each day

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Why bother applying for a work visa when you can just pose as an asylum seeker?

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Why bother applying for a work visa when you can just pose as an asylum seeker?

Because all it offers is DP for a couple of years, with little prospect of success in remaining?

• Advertisement

mvl wrote: »
    Yeah. One of the reasons that can trigger revocation is when "the person to whom it was granted has, by any overt act, shown himself to have failed in his duty of fidelity to the nation and loyalty to the State"
    But found an article the other day saying that there only have been 5 revocations ever -> This is not cool.
    - If anyone hears otherwise - feel free to share.
    I would assume Irish nation being the group of people that inhabit the territory and are connected by history, culture for example. So only looking at threads here one could find easily many examples of migrant ppl promoting hate towards Irish culture or history (with religion being included in both), we can talk for hours.
    But my point is that anyone who emigrates here must understand their behavior must adapt to the local one, and not the other way around.
    And I do think the citizenship rules can be stricter for asylum applicants too, so that citizenship (grant/revoke) can be used to keep the rules of play for a safer Ireland.

What’s the national religion then? Immigrants have a very clear set of instructions as to ‘local behaviour’ - it’s the laws of the country - equally applicable to all. They have no obligations beyond that.

Advertisement