Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

Hi Folks. For some reason my gomo tells me I am barred from making Outing calls. I have a Samsung phone and my settings are fine. I can recieve calls. I have put sim in and out and that's fine. Any advice?

Hi Folks. For some reason my gomo tells me I am barred from making Outing calls. I have a Samsung phone and my settings are fine. I can recieve calls. I have put sim in and out and that's fine. Any advice?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Did your last payment go through?

Thanks for your reply. Yes payment went through. I have 4 gomo sims and the three are working fine.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The other thing is to try and put that sim into another phone to see if you can make calls, or see if one of the other sims works on your phone (it could be a phone issue). Other than that, you'll have to either email them or to contact them by chat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Was let down a second time this year by Gomo, this time in Croatia (last time was stranded in Minneapolis). Had to buy a 10euro, 10 day unlimited 3g Sim from T-Mobile, which worked a charm while I was there.

Definitely do not rely on Gomo when abroad...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Had you nothing at all? I was in Croatia on a day trip and it worked perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Unless I had the wrong settings on, not sure. I was just south of Dubrovnik near the montenegran border and it didn't work. Changed out to the T-Mobile SIM so didn't check anywhere north of this

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JoeCat

Some issues abroad

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Gomo has always worked perfectly roaming in Europe. Outside of the EU or UK I just use an esim or buy a local sim.

• Advertisement

I'm going to Turkey in a few weeks, any suggestions as to what provider to choose?

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Anybody use Gomo in Swords? I have a 4g plan. Myself, my missus and a couple other have had no mobile internet since yesterday. Wondering if it's a Swords or Gomo issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭honda boi

Was with Vodafone for years.

Absolutely horrible service and signal they have.

Finally took the plunge to gomo 15€ plan.

Finally I have signal everywhere I go and actual data!!

Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Having issues in Limerick as well so it's not just your neck of the woods

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

The download speeds here in Leixlip have dramatically decreased recently 22mb on 4g and 12mb download speeds on 5G.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Thepillowman

Same here in East Clare coverage on phone and mobile data very bad for the last week.

Mine was terrible Mon Tues and Wednesday it's was back to normal yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭honda boi

When you all signed up to gomo, was the €15 just an activation fee when you ordered the SIM ?

I ordered my SIM the 30th September, moved number the 4th October.

Now I'm getting a bill the 10th October.

Thought the first 15€ payment covered your first month.

Chat on gomo said that €15 is just an activation fee.

Missus changed to gomo months ago and that wasn't the case.

No. I'm on the €9.99 plan, it covered the SIM and whatever was left of the 1st month, up to the 1st bill.

Did the new T&Cs state anything different, when you signed up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

"I ordered my SIM the 30th September"

That's the likely reason, the activation fee covers the remainder of the first month, whether that's 25 days or 25 minutes. AFAIK the clock starts when order is submitted and not when SiM is received. If the order was submitted on 1st October then the first bill would be in November and the activation fee would cover all of October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

As above, you should have ordered on 1st Oct. Their month is 1st to 31st or part of same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭Qrt

Is it possible to exercise a cooling off period for GoMo? Could do that and then sign up again…

• Registered Users Posts: 4 martinlasko

Hi

Anybody have any idea about gomo roaming rates on faroe islands? Im totally confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

GoMo has a free month at moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 deepdavster

Hi I had porting issues from Lyca to Gomo, the porting didn't happen on the scheduled date, it was delayed by Lyca due to some technical issues. I called Gomo, they said it was Lyca issue. I called Lyca they said a known issue working on it.

After 2 to 3 days it got ported, then another issue came as mentioned in the previous thread calls and sms outside of EIR network was not coming, no 2FA authentication sms etc. I called GoMO and Lyca. GoMo said everything was fine at GoMo. I called Lyca they said you number had ported completely they cannot do anything. I repeatedly chatted, emailed GoMo to understand the issue. Lyca did n't respond to any emails.

Luckily few customer care guys understood my problem they found it was an routing issue, they raised the case. They asked for 3 phone number and time when the call failed. After a day Gomo mailed us it was routing issue at Lyca End and notified them.

Porting seems to be a danger situation in Ireland. With no incoming messages you cannot port out too. All banking, site login dependent on sms.

You need persistent follow up, and keep on chatting until one of the guys to understand the issue, it will take around 1 week to get resolved.

So many cases are reported with similar siltation and don't know why customer care act as this a new issue or unknown to them.

They need to train their staffs to get resolved soon.

I emailed on complaints@gomo.ie customercare@gomo.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭koutoubia

I am on GOMO and had to get a new phone which is 5g.

I live in North County Dublin and work in the Airport.

Is it worth getting a 5g plan from them re speeds etc. Usually watch vids/live stream etc. Not a gamer!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

My phone is 5G capable but haven't bothered upgrading. 4G suits me fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Yeah the 4g isnt exactly slow so was just wondering was it worth the extra few quid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Don't bother, I regret upgrading to 5G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Is it just me or has anyone else got an unusually high amount of data usage for yesterday (2nd) My account is showing 12GB used yesterday. No way did I use anything like that.

The data counter on my Samsung phone is showing just under 6GB from the start of the month and it usually shows a bit higher usage than GOMO.

Seven Worlds will Collide

Advertisement