Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season Ticket 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

TBF people adapted to policing queues pretty quickly.

I can't see seats in a stadium being much different. Have you seen buses in Dublin?

Policing queues into a shop is one thing, policing a few thousand in through turnstiles when most arrive around the same time is another thing. Then the whistle blows and everyone tries to get out together. Even with the best of intentions I can't see it easily managed.

I have indeed seen Dublin & Expressway busses. Well laid out and people policing themselves in fairness on normal work-a-day situations. I've also seen pictures when the passenger numbers rise of people crowding in, ignoring restrictions and blanked seats and sitting on top of each other basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Can I ask a silly question?
    When ' season ticket activations' are being advertised.
    What exactly is it?

Is it for people buying a whole new ticket?
    Or is it for missed scans for attended matches.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭kala85

Any word on refunds.

For those that got a club plus ticket are you getting access to club games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

kala85 wrote: »
    Any word on refunds.

For those that got a club plus ticket are you getting access to club games

In Galway, club + ticket holders are not getting access to club games while the 200 restriction applies. All tickets through clubs. It is expected that this will change when crowd increases to 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Season tickets for 2020 have been cancelled.

€40 refund.

An absolute ball ache if Dublin make the final and some fans can attend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭slegs

Not happy about this. How did they come up with this number.

---

2020 GAA Season Ticket Update

A chara,

Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and with no clarity on the potential number of spectators allowed in attendance for our proposed Inter County Championship later in the year we have been left with no option but to cancel your GAA Season Ticket for 2020.

Your Season Ticket will not be eligible for the remainder of the 2020 Season.

A refund of €40 for all Adult Tickets and €10 for all Juvenile Tickets will be paid into your accounts within the next two weeks.

We have delayed taking this step until now as we hoped that Government guidelines would be eased to the point where we could accommodate all Season Ticket holders to attend their chosen games. This is becoming increasingly uncertain and has led us to make this unwelcome decision.

Thank You for your understanding throughout these uncertain times. Season Tickets will be available for renewal for 2021 which we will contact you about in due course.

Le meas,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Not happy. Would have preferred to have kept the Season ticket going and potentially lost the €40 but still have priority for tickets later in the year if games go ahead with reduced crowds.

However we are in the middle of a global health emergency. If I miss a few games I'll get over it.

Better option would have been to cancel rest of this year and just roll the tickets over for 2021. That would have been a nice gesture towards ST holders. But no, they chose the option where they will make more money. People buy the ST mostly for guaranteed access to championship tickets which understandably is not possible now. The free league game access is a bonus feature of the tickets. By going this route they are essentially charging customers in retrospect for the league games they attended. Not happy at all and very mean spirited of the GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭lukin

Just got an email that my season ticket has been cancelled for the remainder of the season. So with reduced attendances season ticket holders will not be able to go to games and those that don't have season tickets will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭Trampas

So basically screw the person who give them money constantly over the years when others wouldn’t. I guess they’ll be flogging tickets another way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

Very disappointing if there are going to be people attending games in Oct Nov Dec. Am going to league and championship games for years, always renewed early.

Any word on Parnell pass for Dublin side of things? Will they be hit also?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,133 ✭✭✭✭km79

40 euro? Sure the first championship game would have been free and would have damn near cost that. They will cancel the whole scheme now I fear
    I only made 3/5 league games
    My lads juvenile ticket was upgraded to adult as he was over 18
    so the 3 league games cost me 160 euro?
    Joke

I’m surprised call has been made already as county games not scheduled until October

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Past30Now

slegs wrote: »
    Better option would have been to cancel rest of this year and just roll the tickets over for 2021. That would have been a nice gesture towards ST holders. But no, they chose the option where they will make more money. People buy the ST mostly for guaranteed access to championship tickets which understandably is not possible now. The free league game access is a bonus feature of the tickets. By going this route they are essentially charging customers in retrospect for the league games they attended. Not happy at all and very mean spirited of the GAA.

Agree completely with the above. Feeling rightly screwed. Agree that it's a difficult decision, but by the looks of things this is the worst of both worlds. If games happen, we'll be in a scramble for tickets, despite "investing" in the season ticket for the last number of years. €40 back out of €120 isn't reasonable either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Got the email as well. Shocking decision.
    Should have just carried it through for next year.

Really not a happy bunny right now.

More expensive for the league games by buying the seasons ticket.

Virtually impossible to get a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

Trampas wrote: »
    I’m surprised call has been made already as county games not scheduled until October

At best a crowd restriction of 500 will be useless for the vast majority of inter county games.
    If games are played it will be behind closed doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,849 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I didn't get an email ?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I didn't get an email ?

If Gmail check the promotions folder. It comes through as a marketing mail just to stick the knife in further

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭gigantic09

It's a balls for anyone who has the club + ticket for €200.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

If the All Ireland finals do go ahead this year it will be very interesting to see how tickets are distributed. The season ticket was my only real way of accessing finals tickets, like many other people. There's gonna be a serious amount of scalping being done in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭irishgeo

gigantic09 wrote: »
    It's a balls for anyone who has the club + ticket for €200.

Exactly. We should have got a better refund. You can't get tickets for club games either.

If the All Ireland finals do go ahead this year it will be very interesting to see how tickets are distributed. The season ticket was my only real way of accessing finals tickets, like many other people. There's gonna be a serious amount of scalping being done in December.

The announcement today suggests they are planning for very restricted crowds at championship games. I seriously doubt there will be any chance of the average GAA supporter obtaining a ticket.

The announcement today suggests they are planning for very restricted crowds at championship games. I seriously doubt there will be any chance of the average GAA supporter obtaining a ticket.

For me is no problem with the cancelling of the ticket as I agree attending games this year looks like a non starter. The 80e charge for league games is an absolute joke though. Even worse for the Club + people

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Got to give their PR guys credit. Announcing this on the day that the country is waiting to hear if pubs are to open. Takes away too their headache of having to decide who gets into championship matches with limited capacity. 40% is derisory when you consider that the league is not even finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,849 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

slegs wrote: »
    If Gmail check the promotions folder. It comes through as a marketing mail just to stick the knife in further

nah not in there fairly odd, the cards were working and the right email address was provided

The refund value is a bit of a joke and they should have included something like 20% off renewals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭kala85

Where is the rest of the refund money?

Ticket cost 200e but only getting a refund of 120

kala85 wrote: »
    Where is the rest of the refund money?

Ticket cost 200e but only getting a refund of 120

I assume they are taking the 5 games already played out of it.

You paid 200. You are not getting the Club+ aspect. So you should be refunded that part in full (80). That leaves 120 on the ticket.

Then, in theory, you got 5 games out of it which I assume they have valued at 80 euro. 120 - 80 = 40.

Leaving you with a refund of 80 + 40 = 120.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

km79 wrote: »
    40 euro? Sure the first championship game would have been free and would have damn near cost that. They will cancel the whole scheme now I fear
    I only made 3/5 league games
    My lads juvenile ticket was upgraded to adult as he was over 18
    so the 3 league games cost me 160 euro?
    Joke

It's oft been intimated that the GAA top brass find the whole season ticket scheme a problem child that they'd prefer just went away.

Headaches with administration of same,valuable All Ireland tickets out of reach to squeeze that extra bit of revenue out of corporate sector.

However it's an invaluable regular stream of revenue irrespective of the economic climate and as per the email the scheme will again be operational next year.

Very disappointing re the decision,the awful trudge seeking tickets returns.:(

It is very difficult at the moment in time to look into a crystal ball with any certainty and predict the commencement and most certainly completion of the senior championships.

Advertisement