Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season Ticket 2020

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah, like come out with some sort of PR statement saying people will get €xx off the price of the following seasons ticket or whatever, even if it was just €20 or €30 that sort of gesture would be good.

This terms and conditions messing just comes across like a faceless corporation hiding behind their lawyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Grats

adrian522 wrote: »
    Yeah, like come out with some sort of PR statement saying people will get €xx off the price of the following seasons ticket or whatever, even if it was just €20 or €30 that sort of gesture would be good.

This terms and conditions messing just comes across like a faceless corporation hiding behind their lawyers.

Totally agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

All I was hoping for was a reduction when we renew next season. Now I am annoyed!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Who the fu@k is running the PR depratment in the gaa, donald trumps brain?

You couldnt make it up. I'd say nearly EVERY season ticket holder wouldn't even think of looking for a refund. If a small reduction for renewals next year, well then that would be excellent PR for the gaa, "we're in this together" and all that.

Actually doctoring the terms & conditions, that's feckin snake oil salesman's tactics :mad:

Original T&C's uploaded to gaa.ie on 9th December last,
    https://web.archive.org/web/20191210165254/https://www.gaa.ie/api/pdfs/image/upload/lb89vf6brhu3fq6n0vib.pdf

Doctored T&C's uploaded on 12th March,
    https://www.gaa.ie/api/pdfs/image/upload/gmiiqgmuu6lqtpaw3ccl.pdf

EWrtndZXgAATAaS?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Who the fu@k is running the PR depratment in the gaa, donald trumps brain?

You couldnt make it up. I'd say nearly EVERY season ticket holder wouldn't even think of looking for a refund. If a small reduction for renewals next year, well then that would be excellent PR for the gaa, "we're in this together" and all that.

Actually doctoring the terms & conditions, that's feckin snake oil salesman's tactics :mad:

Original T&C's uploaded to gaa.ie on 9th December last,
    https://web.archive.org/web/20191210165254/https://www.gaa.ie/api/pdfs/image/upload/lb89vf6brhu3fq6n0vib.pdf

Doctored T&C's uploaded on 12th March,
    https://www.gaa.ie/api/pdfs/image/upload/gmiiqgmuu6lqtpaw3ccl.pdf

EWrtndZXgAATAaS?format=jpg&name=small

I see that Milton guy is being quoted as the one confirming the change. If I recall correctly, he was also the guy who went on the radio about the Newbridge or Nowhere thing and it all blew up on him.

I didnt have a season ticket this year. However, if I did, I wouldnt expect a refund. I may have expected a discount if I renewed my ticket next year (assuming games in 2020 are done). However, this would annoy me to the point of contacting the ticket office to get clarity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

This is simply outrageous that they would add that into the T&C's like that.

I had no interest in a refund until I saw this stunt.

I've always felt like the season tickets are a pain for the GAA but this is really poor on their part.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,375 ✭✭✭irishgeo

It's in breach of rule 10 or 11 here on EU law on unfair terms in a contract.

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/unfair-treatment/unfair-contract-terms/index_en.html

Should report them for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    This is simply outrageous that they would add that into the T&C's like that.

I had no interest in a refund until I saw this stunt.

I've always felt like the season tickets are a pain for the GAA but this is really poor on their part.

They get nigh on 3million quid a year in on them. It's in their interests to play nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Talking about it on pat Kenny on newstalk now.

Laughable from the GAA.

They aren't even paying the people who bring the money in and they still try to keep peoples money.

To make things worse, considering the money is supposed to go back into the game each club is eligible for Government Grant's, charge memberships and fundraise.
    Soccer clubs get nothing from the association but manage to make ends meet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

deise08 wrote: »
    Talking about it on pat Kenny on newstalk now.

Just caught the end of that but sounded like the customer rights guy was saying the GAA dont have a leg to stand on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭OutTheGap

I'd normally try and defend the GAA when people accuse them of being money grabbers but I can't on this one.

Changing the terms and conditions after the product has been sold is just wrong on so many levels.

I think people would have been sympathetic enough and not looked for a refund originally but I think everybody will be looking for one now after this carry on.

Just caught the end of that but sounded like the customer rights guy was saying the GAA dont have a leg to stand on here?

They dont. But the all they need to do it remove the clause that says they can change the contract as they want. The dont have to offer refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,072 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Having been a season ticket holder for a decade I won't be signing up again after this. Very poor form and extremely sneaky of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

the more I think about this the more annoyed I get.

it is truly shocking. the voluntary organisation who is trying to rip off their season ticket holders, some of whom are likely to be either sick or in financial trouble due to the crisis.

it is terrible, really does not sit well with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Any dealings I've had with the GAA regarding season tickets have rarely given me the impression that they care about genuine supporters. This came as no surprise. The only reason to get them really was to save the stress of potential AI Final tickets and even then they'd make it as difficult as possibly by not counting attendance.

For all Galway STers: Pat Kearney is allegedly on the case for us so expect to never get an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Did they really think nobody would spot this ?
    That’s what I can’t get over

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Grats

I have my email of protest sent to Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭agfasfos

Very bad form on the part of the GAA. To change the Terms & Conditions, insert the word 'Pandemic' when they realised what was coming down the tracks is sneaky and immoral in my opinion, definitely a PR disaster. I'm more concerned about the health of our citizens rather than the Season Ticket but this sort of carry on is downright wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

They haven’t cancelled the season, yet?

Can’t be talk of refunds till they do.

They would want to brush up on their customer service though. It’s like they are doing us a favour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Having been a season ticket holder for a decade I won't be signing up again after this. Very poor form and extremely sneaky of them.

That's not an option for Mayo or Dublin season ticket holders are both are sold out and you can just grab one when you want, they have us over a barrel on renewals...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BandMember

I see that Milton guy is being quoted as the one confirming the change. If I recall correctly, he was also the guy who went on the radio about the Newbridge or Nowhere thing and it all blew up on him.

What else would you expect from a journalist for The S*n? :rolleyes:

For the record, I'm not asking for or expecting a refund but I am very p*ssed off at the G.A.A.'s sneaky tactics here. Another PR mess for them that could easily have been avoided.

Check your emails .The GAA have spoken.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

GAA wrote:
    A Chara,

These are truly exceptional times for all aspects of society along with the GAA and its members.

We are still hopeful of completing the 2020 intercounty and club season over the course of the current year. This will include championship and some of the remaining league fixtures.

If this unfortunately does not prove to be possible due to the ongoing Covid-19 restrictions, we will offer all 2020 Season Ticket holders a discount on their 2021 Season Ticket, or alternatively a partial refund of their 2020 Season Ticket. All refund decisions will be dependent on how the remainder of the 2020 Season can be completed.

With reference to the updated Terms and Conditions applicable to the GAA season ticket, this was seeking to provide greater clarity to the existing terms and conditions for our season ticket holders and not an attempt by the GAA to step back from its obligations in dealing with the matter at hand.

The re-commencement of all GAA fixtures are fully dependant on Government directives and HSE and WHO best practice health advice. Once we have more information available regarding the resumption or otherwise of GAA fixtures we will be in contact with all Season Ticket holders.

Regards,
    GAA Ticket Office

Fair enough.

GAA 2020 Season Ticket Update

ST Account:

A Chara,

These are truly exceptional times for all aspects of society along with the GAA and its members.

We are still hopeful of completing the 2020 intercounty and club season over the course of the current year. This will include championship and some of the remaining league fixtures.

If this unfortunately does not prove to be possible due to the ongoing Covid-19 restrictions, we will offer all 2020 Season Ticket holders a discount on their 2021 Season Ticket, or alternatively a partial refund of their 2020 Season Ticket. All refund decisions will be dependent on how the remainder of the 2020 Season can be completed.

With reference to the updated Terms and Conditions applicable to the GAA season ticket, this was seeking to provide greater clarity to the existing terms and conditions for our season ticket holders and not an attempt by the GAA to step back from its obligations in dealing with the matter at hand.

The re-commencement of all GAA fixtures are fully dependant on Government directives and HSE and WHO best practice health advice. Once we have more information available regarding the resumption or otherwise of GAA fixtures we will be in contact with all Season Ticket holders.

Regards,
    GAA Ticket Office

• Registered Users Posts: 18,072 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

They haven’t cancelled the season, yet?

Can’t be talk of refunds till they do.

They would want to brush up on their customer service though. It’s like they are doing us a favour.

It's not about refunds, it's about the sneaky way they inserted the "pandemic" clause into the terms and conditions.

They've sent an email now anyway saying if the season is cancelled then they'll offer a partial refund or a discount on a 2021 ticket. Pity they had to be publicly shamed into doing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭agfasfos

irishgeo wrote: »
    Check your emails .The GAA have spoken.

That's some explanation re the updated Terms & Condition's.:eek:

Partial refund or reduction in 2021 Season Ticket.

Better than nothing.

Still doesn't resolve the illegal clause in the terms and conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

celticbest wrote: »
    GAA 2020 Season Ticket Update

Regards,
    GAA Ticket Office

Dear Jesus. What a joke of a statement.

Advertisement