Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season Ticket 2020

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Luimneach2018

agfasfos wrote: »
    Will that count towards the 60% required to qualify for an All Ireland Final ticket or do you have to attend 60% of your own County's matches.

Nope. Attendance is only measured on your own county's matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭LilNiall

Not the most important issue of course but if games are not fulfilled surely season tickets holders will be entitled to some rebate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

LilNiall wrote: »
    Not the most important issue of course but if games are not fulfilled surely season tickets holders will be entitled to some rebate?

Might make the second championship game free too. If it goes ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

LilNiall wrote: »

Meh. Wouldn't be too bothered. Unprecedented times.
    I'm sure they'll try to work something but if they don't I won't be pushing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Meh. Wouldn't be too bothered. Unprecedented times.
    I'm sure they'll try to work something but if they don't I won't be pushing.

Same as yourself. Hasn't even crossed my mind as to what will happen.

Missing football no doubt but hopefully we get through this unscathed as possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭big_drive

Same as above. Don’t care less now. Even if there was an All Ireland played and I missed a ticket I wouldn’t care. Would just be delighted it was played

• Registered Users Posts: 37,815 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If it's a knockout championship and your team goes out early than we should be given a money off voucher for next seasons season ticket as we won't be getting full value for this year with no late league stages/round robin Championship etc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    If it's a knockout championship and your team goes out early than we should be given a money off voucher for next seasons season ticket as we won't be getting full value for this year with no late league stages/round robin Championship etc

I'm sure they'll work something out.

Personally, I would take the hit on it if it meant we get straight knockout!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

attendance threshold will have to be altered too or abolished for this year

• Registered Users Posts: 16,703 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Whatever they do there will be lots of people complaining about it either way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

PTH2009 wrote: »

There is a lot more bigger problems out there than the season ticket, people are in shock need support especially our elderly everybody. The season ticket is the last of my worries at the moment people and the country are. We will all look forward to a match when it is over when ever I have seen a couple of things to day that would worry .

Fred Daly wrote: »
    There is a lot more bigger problems out there than the season ticket, people are in shock need support especially our elderly everybody. The season ticket is the last of my worries at the moment people and the country are. We will all look forward to a match when it is over when ever I have seen a couple of things to day that would worry .

There are also lots and lots of other threads talking about that
    This is the season ticket thread where we come to complain about first world problems and escape the reality !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

BPKS wrote: »
    Whatever they do there will be lots of people complaining about it either way

I'll just be glad if I'm still here to renew it again next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭kala85

Don't think there will be a championship this year.. But the gaa will want the gates so never say never

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

km79 wrote: »
    There are also lots and lots of other threads talking about that
    This is the season ticket thread where we come to complain about first world problems and escape the reality !

So really what your saying is you are hiding behind your key board feck everybody out there.

So really what your saying is you are hiding behind your key board feck everybody out there.

Jesus I was trying to lighten the mood

Close all non covid19 threads so

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Mod: This is a season ticket thread. People are talking about the season ticket. There's nothing wrong with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭blowitupref

From the Irish examiner

Screenshot-20200414-012125-2.png

I'm still not countenancing it at all. Are there many who are to warrant such a story?

Looks like a "GAA, up to no good as usual story" for no apparent reason.

If they don't manage to sort the 2020 season, they'll work something out for holders in 2021. It's a cert.

Sure, the FAI haven't said anything about their ticket at all and they have even sent other promo emails about other things!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I'm still not countenancing it at all. Are there many who are to warrant such a story?

Looks like a "GAA, up to no good as usual story" for no apparent reason.

If they don't manage to sort the 2020 season, they'll work something out for holders in 2021. It's a cert.

Sure, the FAI haven't said anything about their ticket at all and they have even sent other promo emails about other things!!!

Ireland had no home games postponed so why would the FAI mention tickets for games not yet cancelled?

• Advertisement

Ireland had no home games postponed so why would the FAI mention tickets for games not yet cancelled?

HA!

I thought we were still rolling over fixtures after the 2018/2019 shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

From the Irish examiner

Screenshot-20200414-012125-2.png

I wasn't expecting one and won't be pushing for one.

A reduction in the cost of next year's season ticket for any renewals might be no harm.

50e off.

In fairness, I paid out 200e for a seasons ticket, got not club matches or any for the championship.

kala85 wrote: »
    A reduction in the cost of next year's season ticket for any renewals might be no harm.

50e off.

In fairness, I paid out 200e for a seasons ticket, got not club matches or any for the championship.

I think it's the sentiment that is alluded to in that article that is being disagreement.

You most certainly deserve something for your outlay and I can see the GAA doing something for the likes of us. But I definitely don't feel as rushed for "satisfaction" here as I do with Primavera over my festival ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

If it's in the terms and conditions upon purchase then there's no argument for refunds.

HA!

I thought we were still rolling over fixtures after the 2018/2019 shambles.

What are you talking about. Ireland have had no home internations cancelled. They are not due to play at home until Sept/Oct time

Season Tickets didnt cover the Home Euro 2020 games if we qualified/qualify

What are you talking about. Ireland have had no home internations cancelled. They are not due to play at home until Sept/Oct time

Season Tickets didnt cover the Home Euro 2020 games if we qualified/qualify

What are you not getting?

I have run 2018/19 issues with rolled over matches into this year.

I have had quite a year going to various games all over the place in many codes and unsurprisingly mis-remembered something.

What are you getting so thick? Relax. Sorry to pour petrol on your mood.

As a Dundalk fan you'd think you'd get on a mild FAI bashing buzz no matter what!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭agfasfos

If it's in the terms and conditions upon purchase then there's no argument for refunds.

I think in all fairness the GAA should offer something to those who lose out,it would be good PR. Not a major issue to be honest in the scheme of things just now.

Disagree with you there.

Paid for something that I didn't get and the easy option is to let the existing season ticket roll over till next year without having to pay for a renewal.

I paid for something but it didn't happen or go ahead.

Does the terms and conditions supersede consumer law I. E. Sales of goods act and suppliers of services act.

If a match was abandoned or called off early and people paid their admission fee, would the gaa refund them or let them in for free the next day?

Grab all association is what we have and expecting players going out with hardly their expenses covered.

What they should do is let the season ticket roll over into next year for free. I paid 200e for a club plus ticket and no club games or championship games? In fairness I got the league games for free up to this and the main reason I got it was to be guaranteed an all Ireland ticket and tickets for the sold out games.

What other organisation acts in this manner and a supposedly volunteer organisation at that.

The ironic thing about it is all those in the ard Comhairle making these decisions are getting entry to the games for free.

• Advertisement

What are you not getting?

I have run 2018/19 issues with rolled over matches into this year.

I have had quite a year going to various games all over the place in many codes and unsurprisingly mis-remembered something.

What are you getting so thick? Relax. Sorry to pour petrol on your mood.

As a Dundalk fan you'd think you'd get on a mild FAI bashing buzz no matter what!

Why as a Dundalk fan would I want to bash the FAI over something they never done.

Im not 12

Advertisement