Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tusk's Walrus - Le Reveal

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Zaph wrote: »
    If only it was possible to unhear them...

I used ta love em.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I used ta love em.

A long long time ago?

Kolido wrote: »
    A long long time ago?

A long long time agos gone.

ALL MY LOVIN IS-A GONE GONE GONE GONE

SHE HAS FALLEN FER ANOTHER SHE CAN MAKE HER OWN WAY HOME!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

ALL MY LOVIN IS-A GONE GONE GONE GONE

SHE HAS FALLEN FER ANOTHER SHE CAN MAKE HER OWN WAY HOME!!

It's at times like that that...

I WISH I WAS ON THE N17

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

gJkOyY.gif

5. The Belter

I ruin my neighbors' evenings regularly by belting out some of my favorite songs on guitar, singing my head off. My favorite things to sing are songs with a lot of emotion. Songs that you can hear the passion in. Gimme a song to learn and add to my arsenal of choons to squeel my little brains out to.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Whoo-hoo!!!! Winner of tusk's Walrus, here I come!!!!

...IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER...

The Storm Brothers
    Necrina
    with Tina Turner - Proud Mary

Notes:

bass intro is nice. talky intro. deep voice with the vocals. nice. shut up missus ffs. chroal bits nice. I'd like to just hear the lads deep vocal on his own. Your one is a bit meh. tis a good belter alright though. no doubt.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

No order you say? This is interesting!

• Advertisement

Level 16
    Strawbs
    with Midnight Oil - Beds are burning

Notes:

bassy intro. oh god what the **** are these vocals. choral bit there, with some wowowowowow music in the background, not bad. needs more cowbell. chorus is catchy, could do with something to elevate it though. fairly flat. music is pretty super cool. vocals and vocal tune in general let's the song down for me. man i like the chorus, wish the rest of the song was on the same level.

The Replicants
    MrK
    with John Martyn - Head and Heart

Notes:

chill guitar and bongo intro. vocals in, nice and smooth. easy to follow. catchy from the getgo, i like. very simple but in a good way. i can see myself doing a version of this alright. solo bit there now, following the main line of the song with some embelishments. smoothly back into the verse. very nice. few mixups with the vocals later to keep it varied. i enjoyed it.

Blues Bros
    adox
    with Dinosaur Pile-Up - My Rock n Roll

Notes:

chill vocals start. then some heavy music. catchy in a weird way. decent enough tune. music doesn't seem to gel very well with the vocals though :/ hmmm.

TNT-Crew
    Vale
    with Wild Cherry - Play that funky Music

Notes:

dat intro like. something else. can't help but move your body to it. vocal suits so well too. this could be belterated alright. must check it out. group prechorus. noice. interesting, i never would have thought of adding this to a songlist for myself to do ].

Revolution
    SK
    with The Presidents of the United States of America - We Are Not Going to Make It

Notes:

do it again, do it again. it's catchy from the start. I might just belt out the 'we're not gonna make it bit' every now and then, but i can't see myself sitting down for a belt session. interesting song

Federation Of Free Traders
    Skunk
    with Electric Six - Gay Bar

Notes:

great guitar riff intro with building additional instruments. Vocals in, very nice. I actually love this song already. great music. super solo here, works so nice. real old school rock sound to it. singer is great. The emphasis and accents he puts on in parts is deadly. pause. intro riff again, this time with a different build, including sharp guitar. full solo here, not as interesting as early. builds up nicely though.

The Medway Boys
    trigger
    with Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Green Day

Notes:

hefty wobble intro, acoustic with vocals straight in, followed by the rest of the band. vocals are tight. very distinctive voice here too. the embelishment of guitar is nice. works well. then into the heaviness of the chorus. Music goes heavy, but vocals stay the same. Finishes with a climb which is nice. then some aahs. and a piano bit. vocals here are front and center and focussed and clear. easy to sing along to. solo follows the usual chord progression there so fits nicely. and climbs into a pause before an accoustic only verse. very nice.

Klapauzius
    Jurgen
    with Cypress Hill - Hand on the pump

Notes:

hmmm 50s a capella sounding intro. then some mad craic. I can't even follow this, don't know how I could belt it haha. nah. not interested.

Adrenalin
    Micka
    with Carry on my Wayward Son by Kansas

Notes:

I have a strange disdain for this song. I don't know why. a lad in work had it as his ringtone, and it was so annoying. maybe thats it. ok, into it now. the music is cool. straight in with some soloing too. oh i like this soft bit. very choony. that beat is tasty. yeah this is fo sho a belificator. that ****ing chorus ruins it for me though. you bastards! it's like a rage comes over me when the chorus comes in, then it's over and i love the song. bipolar song. some organy music. it's a bit boring here at this bit.

The Syndicate
    Necro
    with Shinedown - Diamond Eyes

Notes:

I like shinedown. haven't heard this one before. nice intro, piano and guitar. sounds nice. ok, talking bit of vocals. oh, some gainy lead guitar with a drum beat. wasn't expecting this. nice tune. vocals are good. but hard to follow a bit. don't see myself belting this now to be honest. 'how did you love' is a serious belter alright though. it's nice to listen to this one. music and vocals are cool.

• Advertisement

Delta Force
    phatkev
    with Counting Crows - Angels of the silences

Notes:

interesting intro. Vocals straight into a bit of a belt. music is really coo.. I like it. vocals are a bit wishy washy up and down in weird bits. nice solo here. fits very well. nothing over the top, but still entertaining. Vocals a bit offputting. the music behind is great though.

The Untouchables
    Electric Nitwit
    with Skunk Anansie - Weak

Notes:

interesting little intro music bit. vocals in nice creamy voice. vocals front and center. easy enough to follow. oh i know this song. this is a belty chorus alright. is there a cover of this that i'm more familiar with? from a metal or rock band maybe/? yeah i can see myself belting this alright. dat chorus tho. not bad now at all at all.

Timelords of London
    Stu
    with Frank Zappa-Uncle Remus

Notes:

intro is very nice. oohh vocals in. very very cool. balance is dodgy on the headphones tho. boo. solo. tasty solo indeed. very cool works nicely in the song. piano in teh bg compliments nicely. catchy bit there with the 'redeem us, uncle remus'

And that get's us to halfway, coffee time.

bg.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

My you're flying it...Nice choice Mr K. (I've only got that far)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Pretzill wrote: »
    My you're flying it...Nice choice Mr K. (I've only got that far)

Will done Pretzill, you killed it!

Bad Brew Crew
    Rikadoodle
    with k0rn - Freak on a leash

Notes;

intro with some interferencey type tunes. i know the song, and i already like it. i like your man's voice too. not much of a belter though for me. brings me back to my teens now. good tune

LSD
    quickbeam
    with Sandman - America

Notes:

love this song. it's already on my belters list :/ that intro and the vocals are so cool. dah dah daah. choral bit is tidy. chorus is way better in my memory than on the actual song haha. oh like the solo. very tidy. bit of bass solo business there too. intensifying nicely here. bassline is tasty.

Vectronix
    Pretzill
    with Joan Armatrading - Love and Affection

Notes:

nice intro. super smooth vocals wow. great guitar work. vocals front and center focus. nice. this is really interesting. background strings. vocals are a bit mad in places. feel like this would need a few listens to really appreciate. jaysus. super deep voice there, and immediate choral bit. whoah. vocal layers like mad. i like the song, not sure how belty it is though. oh. suprise sax. wth. it's nice, but what is it doing here haha. that' deep bit into the ooh hoo is immaculate. very cool

• Advertisement

Guardians Of Logik
    Kolidolf
    with Billie Myers - Kiss the rain

Notes:

nice tune off the bat. that baseline keeping it grounded and slightly painful. vocals in, a bit weird. feel like the vocals could be much smoother and it would sound much better. Ok now into another section and the vocals fit a bit more, still a bit off though. nice notes. I wonder if there's another version of this by a different artist, I think it could be so much better. Can't see myself belting this out at all. hmm. music is really nice. kiss the rain belt there is nice. Yeah not bad. not great though.

Advertisement