Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tusk's Walrus - Le Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

... and now we're left with the top and bottom three.

I'll reveal these later this evening :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

tusk wrote: »
    ... and now we're left with the top and bottom three.

I'll reveal these later this evening :D

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

The Medway Boys
    Trigger
    with 24 points for RX (Medicate) - Theory of a Deadman

Notes:

oh westerny. i like. melody of the vocals is great. I want to sing along. deadly. chorus tune is a beauty. super catchy. this is super cool. really like. group singing ' medicate' very nice. love the whistle. so western. much cowboy. 'everyone's high as **** right now, and noone's ever coming down'. Great lyric. very good song. nice.

Was convinced it would be at the bottom, tbf every time I listen to it I do be singing along, very catchy tune

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

One of those times again, my nomination, it's either up there soaring or it's dragging in the mud at the bottom of the Liffey.

Can hardly wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

The Untouchables
    EN
    at 21 points for Vampire Smile - Kyla La Grange

Notes:

classic chord progression intro. soft vocals are nice. curses win me over straight away. yeah i like this. lyrics, music, signing all go well together. oh the choral ooohs work so nicely to lash in a bit of variation. i'll probably look this up to start playing. very nice.

Ah, I blinked and missed it :p

Glad you liked this. Kyla was 17 when she wrote it! Her debut album, Ashes, is well worth a listen. I don't think this is her best song but it's the best introduction, I played a little safe. I went to an early gig of hers where it turned out I was the only paying customer :p

• Advertisement

HERE WE GO

Was Not Was
    Banjo
    Starts our bottom 3 with At The Drive In - Napoleon Solo

Notes:

dual guitar intro. interesting. vocals not necessarily exciting me off the bat. guitar is lovely. wow. sounds like my fat uncle screeching his own songs in his bedroom. i love that main guitar bit. jesus your man needs a vocal coach. reminds me of Leaving song part 2 for some reason. getting more into it as it goes on. he's off key on too many bits that just throw me off. layered bad vocals are still bad vocals :/ bridge is nice. the guitar work is very nice. ok i just can't with the vocals ffs

Pompey Pirates
    Who else could it bloody be? I'm convinced this lad only knows one band hahaha
    starts our TOP 3 with Slade - High and Dry

Notes:

Wow. more Slade. This is getting spookie... Very different to what's come before. Sounds very power rocky. love that guitar bit intro. nice beat to the singing. plus the layerd background guitar is nice. yeah. this is good. 'high and dry' guitar bit. oooooh. some voice. I want to sing it, but everyday has already broken my vocal chords, this will do the same. that main guitar riff is toight! ah lads. don't be sendingme songs like this. How am i supposed to sing this ffs. i want a solo now please. ok, there's a bit of one, yeah not bad. great song. feel like it could have done a bit more though.

Flames of Finland
    osh
    in second last place with The Fall - Dr Bucks' Letter

Notes:

mmmmmm. interesting start. where does it go. what the heck is this vocal haha. they just showed up to a miner's pub and got an oul lad to speak into their voice recorder. music is pretty cool. drunk lad not so much. i just don't even know what this is right now. sounds like a fat captain jack sparrow. nah not interested lads sorry. buybye.

Vectronix
    Pretzill
    in Second Place with 26 points for Judie Tzuke - Bring the rain

Notes:

nice piano intro. Wow that vocal. Was not expecting. that is delicious. wow. oh that 'Break through the skies'. with the open beats. tiiiiight. oh many i'm getting feels from this sssssaaaaake. I was not prepared for this. jesus sake. the drums come in, music gets intense. wow. aw lads, this is unreal. oh orchestral drums. wow. choral vocals. yesss. oh organ sounds. bassline. 'extre-eeeme'. love it. this may well go into my list of favourite songs. the music has been composed to a phenomenal level. they layers and the bits and bobs that pop in and out are amazing. that hefty drum beat behind everything. smashing high hat. yes. strings there too. what the heck. I can't deal with this song. great middle section there. do we get another verse? nope, but doesn't matter. that was brilliant. I'll be looking her up for sure.

• Advertisement

And then there were two.

pretend extra points for anyone who guesses who's where...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

oh noice. Tribal sounds here. I love it. nice bouncy beat in the bg too. some strings in there too. oh the vocals and the lyrics are cool AF. proper indian sounding tunes in there along with the modern dancy sounds, very coool. this is right up my alley. choral signing with the crazy strings. niice. i want to be in a club ****ing paint at people now dancing like a fool. oh weird solo out of nowhere haha. De Ghumake, Ghumake, Ghumake. love it haha.

I was expecting bottom three here so pretty please with that. Worth the wait tusk.

wow. choral vocals. yesss. oh organ sounds. bassline. 'extre-eeeme'. love it. this may well go into my list of favourite songs. I'll be looking her up for sure.

I'm glad you think her as beautiful as I do. I had the pleasure of seeing her in concert, must be twenty years ago now...but she's still on the go and has released more great tracks. Her album "Wonderland" is one of my favourite, but it's dark too.

IN FIRST PLACE

Federation Of Free Traders
    Skunk
    with Charlie the Unicorn 4-The Millipede Song

Oh wait sorry. I meant LAST PLACE

Notes:

music is nice. circusy. vocals are grand. lyrics are interesting. sounds musically too. ew, that bit there is nasty. the i am a milipede bit is real catchy. meh. boring.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Jaysus, Skunk!!

AND IN ACTUAL FIRST PLACE:

TNT-Crew -
    TheValeyard
    with 27 points for ludovico einaudi - circles

Notes:

beautiful. painful piano intro. vocals in. lovely voice, super smooth and warm. buildup of pain here. this is intense. i expect a belt in here. pain. expolsion of pain. please give it to me. this is really lovely. oh god. high pitch chorus i guess it is. that is glorious. wow. oh my god. this is killing me. eyes are on the brink of welling up. I haven't heard anything like this in years. choral vocals. nice. this is beautiful. good god. wow. she keeps it so interesting. that music. the drum beat.wow. this has captivated me. strings are delicious. i'll be singing this. thanks. oh they go soft to finish it up. brilliant.

Lovely first place! Well done.

Thanks Tusk for that much awaited reveal.

The last place is a real ear millipede. :D

Current Standings

Fake Name Name Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4 Current Score
    TNT-Crew TheValeyard 14 26 22 27 89
    Vectronix Pretzill 24 19 16 26 85
    Bad Brew Crew Rikand 27 25 8 19 79
    Blues Bros adox 20 18 21 20 79
    Pompey Pirates Spook_ie 25 23 6 25 79
    Adrenalin MicksJaguar 19 24 17 16 76
    Automation kitten_k 13 20 24 18 75
    The Medway Boys Trigger 3 16 26 24 69
    The Replicants MrKingsley 1 22 25 13 61
    The Wild Boys Green&Red 26 13 7 15 61
    Timelords of London Stu Redman 16 21 15 9 61
    Revolution sKeith 15 6 19 17 57
    Level 16 Strawberry Milkshake 18 6 27 5 56
    Delta Force phatkev 21 2 18 14 55
    The Carebears Barney92 11 9 10 23 53
    LSD quickbeam 23 3 14 12 52
    The Untouchables Electric Nitwit 2 17 12 21 52
    The Syndicate Necro 22 14 4 10 50
    Flames of Finland osh 10 11 23 2 46
    Guardians Of Logik Kolido 4 8 11 22 45
    Persistence Of Visio Homer J. Fong 12 1 13 8 34
    The Lost Boys persepoly 8 10 9 7 34
    Klapauzius Jurgen The German 7 12 3 11 33
    Was Not Was Banjo 6 4 20 3 33
    The Storm Brothers Necrina 5 15 5 6 31
    Pulsion fixxxer 17 7 1 4 29
    Federation Of Free Traders LadySkunk 9 5 2 1 17

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

C'mon The Belter. I can reach mid-table. I know I can.

Wow it's close at the top! With only one to go ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Awesome.
    Glad you liked!

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Pretzill wrote: »
    Wow it's close at the top! With only one to go ...

with 26 points between first and last, there's still a lot of potential winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Happy enough with where I am, would be absolutely delighted with mid table in my first Walrus tbh :D

Cheers Tusk, try not to leave it too long for the last one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

fecking love Ludovico Einaudi, Nuvole Bianche is one of my favourite piano pieces

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

I'm happy with a joint 3rd place, so far. Considering all 4 songs were from the same ( act, group, pop band, rockers, artistes you decide which they fit ) just wish they had a better 7 minute long one :D

But thanks for listening to them Tusk, enjoy the belter too ( I hope! )

Trigger wrote: »
    Cheers Tusk, try not to leave it too long for the last one :)

Hmmmmm.....

Sounds like a challenge to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Not in the bottom 6 in that round, result!

:D

Edit

Reason I picked it.

Deicide have a special place in my blackened heart as they were the first ever proper extreme metal band I ever got into way back in 95. Their album Once Upon The Cross was fairly controversial at the time as the artwork was an eviscerated jesus christ and the lyrical content was incredibly blasphemous. Conviction is from a more recent release but musically it is them at their very best and what's not to love about a stop motion jesus being hunted down and killed by the lead singer.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

You’ve never heard the saw doctors?

What the actual f**k, I can’t even begin to contemplate a world where that is possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Green&Red wrote: »
    You’ve never heard the saw doctors?

What the actual f**k, I can’t even begin to contemplate a world where that is possible

If only it was possible to unhear them...

Advertisement