Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Th that the nursing home that my grandmother lives in thankfully tested negative to the COVID-19 virus

• Registered Users Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭blade1

branie2 wrote: »
    Th that the nursing home that my grandmother lives in thankfully tested negative to the COVID-19 virus

That's great branie,I'm in a similar situation with my mother but results haven't come back yet.

I've a few things that I'm I suppose are a little more than trivial.
    Basically everything today couldn't have went any better for me.

Was told last Monday I need to get something sorted urgently.
    So, choices were waiting list at public hospital or private and get it sorted today.
    Thing was,I don't have health insurance and cost was around 2k.
    Said I'd pay :o
    So this morning had to get Corona test first at hospital so procedure could go ahead.
    Results came back 2 hours later and were negative.
    Then procedure was done 2 hours earlier than schedule and turned out all good!
    Then was told that a public doctor performed it so I would not have to pay for it! :)

Btw the swab up the nostrils is pretty nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Loveletters.

Everyone should have love letters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Ruby Ring

^^^
    This love letters post has me smiling.
    I have finally admitted (to myself) that a local farmer is wooing me. His cheeky notes with eggs has progressed to cheekier notes, eggs and flowers. I’m quite shy and he is slowly wearing me down … if he starts on the poetry (or beeping the tractor horn when he passes me on my run) I’ll be a goner!

Ruby Ring wrote: »
    ^^^
    I have finally admitted (to myself) that a local farmer is wooing me. His cheeky notes with eggs has progressed to cheekier notes, eggs and flowers. I’m quite shy and he is slowly wearing me down … if he starts on the poetry (or beeping the tractor horn when he passes me on my run) I’ll be a goner!

Watch out for your own eggs!! :pac:

• Advertisement

2 more days till bank holiday Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 13,118 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

^^^

Oh my god, I love this!!
    Will you keep us posted please so I can live my fantasies through you!

To thine own self be true

blade1 wrote: »
    Watch out for your own eggs!! :pac:

He's only beeping the horn :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,257 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

For now ;)

Was having a bad day and my beautiful boyfriend made me smile again :) now if he would like to write me love letters he can ;)

Well she needs to watch that as well :pac:

• Advertisement

Oh my god, I love this!!
    Will you keep us posted please so I can live my fantasies through you!

I second this!!! With covid putting a stop to new movies being filmed, I need my rom com fix from somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,416 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I wouldn't call that trivial though. Hopefully things stay that way.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

^^^

I cannot believe nobody has asked, yet - what's the story vis-à-vis his road frontage? :pac:

New Home wrote: »
    I cannot believe nobody has asked, yet - what's the story vis-à-vis his road frontage? :pac:

About 8 inches :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,416 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

^^^

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

^^^

This is brilliant :):):)

Just to add, after thinking about the love letter post, its mostly letters about whats going on in his world while were apart. Much the same as probably everyones emailing to each other at the moment. Theres no 3 page tributes to me or anything but theyre from the heart and something I will always be glad to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,701 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sitting here with wee ones watching cartoon network.
    Teen titans go episode was about valentine's Day and it reminded me of how ,on the morning of valentine's Day Tesco is ALWAYS full of stressed, chastened looking men at the till , flowers, 💓 shaped chocolates and card in hand.
    It just gave me a laugh.

Roast lamb for dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭Bredabe

With the extention of the travel range tom, I'll be able to get to the shop that sells my own brand spelt pasta!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Barbecue later on

• Advertisement

Barbecue later on

And why ever not on such a lovely day!

Got to speak to my mother on facetime last night.
    First time seeing her face since early March.
    I asked her was she glad to be able to see my face.
    She replied not really no, and gave a big laugh.
    She may have Alzheimer's but great to see she's still a smart ass!!
    She also tested negative for Corona.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I'm getting my new freezer today.I feel like a child at Christmas.I can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

This...this made me laugh waaayy too hard this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 dolly darling

Emotional dolly here

Called in to the folks place to drop off the newspaper on the way to work. They were dancing to Randy Travis singing "Forever And Ever, Amen" on the radio. I dropped and ran before they saw me but, to be honest, they only had eyes for each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Oh, I love all the love letters stuff! I am also now very invested in the progress of the Ruby Ring-egg farmer saga -our own TH thread soap opera!

My TH today is that I'm officially allowed to leave my home today (I mean I've been walking the fields anyway, but now it's official), so I'm going to walk the 4km to my local shop/petrol station and wave in the window at a cousin who will be working there. We're very close and I haven't seen her since the end of January between working abroad and then her working overtime in a shop and me cocooning. Such a simple thing and wouldn't have thought twice about it a few months ago, but I'm super excited.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The Ouverture of The Italian Girl in Algiers is playing on Lyric FM at the moment. I'm working in the kitchen with that quite high, the smell of freshly brewed coffee, and a chocolate cookie. :)

Yea! someone fed the boards hamster and its back to running full speed!

Having spend most of the winter going ten rounds with a sld assessor who was emphatic that NO educational establishment in the world, gave out sample answers to students as they were supposed to be able to do this by the time they get there blah blah blah.

Over the bank hol I got links for some of the worlds' top uni who do just that, best of all, one was the very uni he attended for 7 years!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Hippykitten

Warning!
    This is a VERY trivial TH

TH that I heard my tummy rumbling for the first time since Covid started ... let's just say I like my food!

Advertisement