Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

WhatsApp video to my daughter and grandson - totally unbeatable. That 25 minutes repairs all day on my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Only a week till Easter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

We got a puppy. He's so cute!!

My little cat is not pleased though :( I hope they can be friends.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

PIIIIIICSSSS!!!!!

(Please...)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Belated congratulations retro:electro on your engagement, I'm always days behind in catching up in here.
    How lovely to hear positive news nowadays.

Ohhh I missed that news too.
    Congratulations!!!
    Good news always welcome :)

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Lovely morning out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 dolly darling

A face lighting up when it sees you

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

branie2 wrote: »
    Only a week till Easter
    We can make pigs of ourselves on the chocolate. It's extraordinary times so don't feel guilty about it, people.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

We can make pigs of ourselves on the chocolate. It's extraordinary times so don't feel guilty about it, people.

I ate an Easter Egg Saturday night and no guilt here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Being allowed to do my European Cinema class essay on Audrey Hepburn. I love her!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Well you should feel guilty Mam! how dare you have an Easter egg..........

and not offer us any :eek:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Well you should feel guilty Mam! how dare you have an Easter egg..........

and not offer us any :eek:

:pac:

I couldn't offer you any Seph , as it was your one that I ate :pac:
    Not sorry as that would mean guilt !

TH that the sun is shining here , so far anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

I've spoken to my 70 year old Dad more in the last few weeks than maybe ever. Usually we speak about once a week, now that I'm working from home and he's bored off his trolley, he seems to think WFH means "free for the chats all day every day" and has taken to facetiming me every day.

He's also started growing a beard for the first time in his 70 years "to give me something to do" :D:D
    Cake.

Also this.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mam of 4 wrote: »

I think that was a Palm Sunday Eve egg, Mo4. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

The guy coughing and throat clearing behind me on my walk, overtook me but crossed the road to a house in the process. So he veered off rather than comjng close. Could hear him rapidly coming up behind me and germ alarms were going off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,149 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Busy day at work.
    Managed to wash my car when I got home.
    Eating a tub of pineapple chunks now and the sun is still shining.
    Now that Monday is out of the way, I'm back to fighting fit.
    Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday let's be having you!!! Grrrrrrrr!!!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

blade1 wrote: »
    Busy day at work.
    Managed to wash my car when I got home.
    Eating a tub of pineapple chunks now and the sun is still shining.
    Now that Monday is out of the way, I'm back to fighting fit.
    Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday let's be having you!!! Grrrrrrrr!!!!! :pac:
    I liked your post Blade1, I liked the tone of it and it made me smile. That being said I simply could not resist this.....
    tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

After apologising to my 6 yo for putting 'stingy' sanitiser on her hands and saying it it didn't sting me, she retorts " but I'm not strong and handsome like you "
    Little does she know !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Baby owls!!!
    Only a video, a child reading "Owl Babies" to them :D,but they're so adorable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

TH that I haven't looked at a single thread on boards that has the work "covid" in the title...I'm quite sure that there's nothing in them that will make my life any better ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

TH watching the beautiful sunrise this morning ... a lovely way to start my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A friend who was injured in an assault, facetimed me yes as she was having a melt down and needed to talk to someone who wasnt going to be emotional or brush off what she was feeling.

When she was finished venting, she asked me how I was about the X situation that was ongoing since b4 christmas, for her age she is very worldly and made me see that a lot of what I had been feeling guilty about was on X and showed me where I could have been better.

As she was signing off she sent me that video of that dog singing 'I will survive'. Her mum messaged me today that everyone is feeling so much better now and I'm finding my dyspraxia symptoms are less of an issue today.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Ruby Ring

Went to bed late last night and had a ropey run this morning. TH that I went on my run and very TH that not one car passed to witness it all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

When someone posts in the wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Eating a slice of birthday cake for my niece and nephew a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Sun is shining. I'm safe and well so far and so are all my family. Couldn't buy that kind of happiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Finished work at 4 today but had to drop into the local Spar to buy essential things. ;) (Actually, 2 of the 3 were very important). As I went to lock my bike, I realised that I didn't have my keys. The shop is equidistant between work and my house, but decided to leave my bike unlocked, bought my things, and then went home.

As I approached the house (maybe 50 metres away) was trivially happy to see a big lump of keys hanging out of my front door, trivially happy that I didn't go back to work to search the place in vain for them, but totally happy that nobody made use of the keys. :D

(Maybe they tried and were scared off!! :eek: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 dolly darling

TH to be watching the Six One News and see really amazing news.
    Hassan & Hussein Benhaffaf today celebrated 10 years since their separation.
    A beautiful story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

New Home wrote: »
    I think that was a Palm Sunday Eve egg, Mo4. :D
    I think a lot of Easter Eggs have been 're-purposed'. ;)

(But where are the rest of the Palm Sunday Eve eggs? :confused: )

• Advertisement

I think a lot of Easter Eggs have been 're-purposed'. ;)

(But where are the rest of the Palm Sunday Eve eggs? :confused: )

It's like with EU funds, "Use them or lose them"... I'm afraid the Easter Bunny took them back. The scoundrel!

Advertisement