Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Singing in the Rain. I always forget until I’m actually watching it how happy it makes me. It’s not just the story, dancing, and music (I mean, one of the songs is literally about making people laugh!), but the memories it brings of watching it two times or three times a year throughout college, in bad quality student accommodation with a great group of friends around me. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Showing my nieces how to do the Birdie Dance on FaceTime. They were adorable even though they were messing up the moves (on purpose, I suspect ... given all the giggles)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭bonny!

I like my new user name. I think it suits me. :) plus not anyone ye know or anything like that or wouldn't have posted much here before....anyway I like like bonny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Are you bonny? :)

Th my dog bringing me to the cupboard where her lead is, wagging her tail. Shes not able for it yet but you never know. She wants to go on a fishing trip walk, which is a good long walk for the summer. And she probably wants a swim too.

TH feeling grateful to have a small garden where I can grow food, and already have some growing experience.

TH the acts of generosity and gratitude from the public, for medical workers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Ruby Ring

I'm TH that I got a pb on my run this afternoon. If I'm honest, I'm actually TH that I'm still going on my daily run as I am not a runner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

Exercising in my back yard, just walking the perimeters. After about an hour I'd guess, the Mrs. comes out and says "It's been 40 years since you were locked up, so stop it before the neighbors think you've lost your mind "It made me belly laugh. Something I hadn't done in ages, but I reckon she has a point.

But it made me think of the people who never had that experience and are struggling to cope now. It is hard and maybe some will feel a bit lost and vulnerable. My advise is to focus on one thing in your life that grounds you, and stick with it.You will survive and get through it, and come out a better person in the end.And I will say a prayer for anyone struggling.

Sorry for the speech, you can blame Johnny Walker!

Yep, focusing on one thing, preferably something that will evolve and hold your interest so you have something to look past this, to.

Gardening is it, for me.

TH my friend has just solved my raised bed stress. Brilliant idea, I just have to hunt down the supplies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

They are making a prequel film of the Sopranos, Yippee! :)
    James Gandolfinis son will play a young Tony.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This pic that was posted in the laugh you lose thread by captain midnight

4830_3f38.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭lucalux

I have two TH's!

First is I found some perfectly good bistro garden chairs and a table thrown out by a family member..gonna double check it with them then sand and repaint them if I can. I was looking at possible buying some for the summer, but it was a bit aspirational considering other expenses I have to meet..so that's one...

...the other is that while listening to the Met Eireann forecast on RTE One before midnight, the forecaster mixed up her words, and warned of mizzle and drist...

She giggled herself, realising her mistake, and it was a wholesome laugh I had here listening to it. Spoonerisms make me TH :)

I'm undecided as to whether this is a TH or a TA

My neighbour left a dozen free range eggs at my door this morning. (He also left a cheeky note suggesting I might use the eggs to make his favourite cake!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm an uncle again 😃😁

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm an uncle again 😃😁

CONGRATULATIONS, SEPH!! :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'm an uncle again 😃😁

i became a great-uncle again the other day. For the 11th time. No idea when i will actually meet them.

Congrats Seph and ohnonotgmail!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I bought a toaster a few days ago, just opened it today. From the pictures on the box it looked like it would be merely OK, not ideal, but shopping options are very limited right now. I wanted one with wide slots, and it didn’t look like that or say that on the box. Now I have it unpacked, the slots are indeed wide, so it’s what I wanted: I just couldn’t tell from the box.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Ruby Ring wrote: »
    I'm undecided as to whether this is a TH or a TA

My neighbour left a dozen free range eggs at my door this morning. (He also left a cheeky note suggesting I might use the eggs to make his favourite cake!)

I like the cut of your neighbours jib!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I have a programme that's on series record. Irish short films, it's called Shortscreen.

I'm just catching up on stuff, and there's one called 'Strauma' which is mostly 'as Gaeilge'. I was amazed how quickly my brain switched to the Irish language, even if I was never 100% fluent. (I was okay at it, obviously, but it'd been years.) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My niece has been moved from her gentile and cushy healthcare adjacent job and sent to a testing centre in a equally gentile Dublin centre.
    This one both by nature and training is as spiky as the virus, corona had better watch out, it has no hope against her!

TH that at least one of us is young enough to be hands on against the virus.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

I'm getting super early birthday cards/gifts from peeps iso/rural who made arrangements to get them posted cause they wanted to make sure I got them on time. <3 I'm excellent at not opening things til my actual birthday, but this year it'll be even nicer to have something to open cause I can't go do anything! :)

i became a great-uncle again the other day. For the 11th time. No idea when i will actually meet them.

Elbow High five?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Elbow High five?

i might stretch to a foot tap but only because i have long legs. :D

Done deal !

Th is naps I love them 😴

This pic

507741.jpg

There’s a love heart pothole on my running route. I’ve been using it as a daily marker for recording my halfway split time. When I returned to running 3 weeks ago, I used to laugh that I’d have a heart attack trying to reach the love heart pothole. Now, I’m TH to write that I smile every day as I see it and turn to run home. What will I do if the County Council decide to fill it in? (unlikely, I know)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

April fools day seems to be cancelled.
    Big TH right there.

Ruby Ring wrote: »
    There’s a love heart pothole on my running route. I’ve been using it as a daily marker for recording my halfway split time. When I returned to running 3 weeks ago, I used to laugh that I’d have a heart attack trying to reach the love heart pothole. Now, I’m TH to write that I smile every day as I see it and turn to run home. What will I do if the County Council decide to fill it in? (unlikely, I know)

I'll get my hammer and chisel and fill it out heart shaped again for ya!

Bumble bees everywhere.

• Advertisement

Bumble bees everywhere.

Yes!!

Advertisement