Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Congrats Retro!

TH Tesco delivered my groceries last night. I ordered the staples I figured I’d be running out of 2 weeks ago but on Tuesday I also added a box of Icebergers :pac:

What made me TH today?

Retro:Electro’s wonderful news!

You have my very best wishes, great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Brilliant news Retro! Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

I felt like cake for breakfast. So I went online and ordered a box of baked goods from my local deli. So far I've had a blondie and a piece of carrot cake. Sugar buzzed to the gills. I love cake. Happy Friday one and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Don Conroy is back :)

I don’t know where he was for the last many years but I TH’d he is back

Showing kids how to draw on his YouTube channel. I loved him as a child on RTÉ and he is still a legend

Waterford Whispers did some satire on him during the week and he trolled them right back

• Advertisement

mikemac2 wrote: »

Showing kids AND ADULTS how to draw on his YouTube channel. I loved him as a child on RTÉ and he is still a legend

Waterford Whispers did some satire on him during the week and he trolled them right back

FYP. ;) Thanks for sharing! That's given me something to do! :D Great memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

mikemac2 wrote: »

Showing kids how to draw on his YouTube channel. I loved him as a child on RTÉ and he is still a legend

All we need now is Tony Harte to meke a comeback :D (if TH is dead keep it to yourself folks-I don't want to know it).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,092 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

An post just brought a big bag of wool I ordered online .,That will keep me out of mischief for a while now ! Delighted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 dolly darling

I’m trivially happy at a trivial habit that I’ve gotten into since all this kicked off. My aunt lives alone in a very rural parish over an hour away. Her fantastic community links have been put on hold for the time being for the welfare of all. As a result, she sees very few. I deliver supplies to her once a week. She loves a bit of style so I’m all dolled up this morning to deliver her messages. I feel great too after a very casual working from home week. So it’s a win win for the both of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Venting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th the new season Kims Convenience is on netflixs, Mr Kim cracks me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Got through more of my course work today than I thought I would,
    IF this pace keeps up, I might be finished this day next week.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I’m engaged :D

Ah congrats,lovely to get some happy news

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I have no internet at home and my phone reception is terrible (TA) but I've been sat on the couch all day in my pyjamas, with the duvet and I'm reading a good book. I also had coffee and cake so that's definitely a TH.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Was in a shop yesterday buying a few bits.Bought a lovely sandwich,premade but she heated it up for me.Man it hit the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭Archeron

Dreamt about my mum last night (she died just over ten years ago after a very long and difficult illness). In the dream she was healthy and happy like when I was a nipper. She told me things that I can't remember now but seemed important and wise and I woke up feeling very sad but very happy. It was so nice to see her happy again, even if was only a dream.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

dubstarr wrote: »
    Was in a shop yesterday buying a few bits.Bought a lovely sandwich,premade but she heated it up for me.Man it hit the spot.

What kind of sandwich we talking about here?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Smokey and the Bandit on ITV4

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

blade1 wrote: »
    You can't beat Old Buford T Justice :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Because I'm too inactive to go to bed (to watch Netflix/Amazon Prime), I was watching The Mighty Boosh on Gold (After Dark). The ads were on, then an ad about a programme that was about to start next week. The Mighty Boosh restarted and just seeing their imagery, I said to myself "This is my sort of thing!". Then the first words spoken by the character Harvey Moon were "This is my sort of thing!".

It's the little things...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,047 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

blade1 wrote: »

Burt Reynolds was so hot!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Belated congratulations retro:electro on your engagement, I'm always days behind in catching up in here.
    How lovely to hear positive news nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I live beside a busy road and due to the decreased traffic im getting alot more birds visiting the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Archeron wrote: »
    Dreamt about my mum last night (she died just over ten years ago after a very long and difficult illness). In the dream she was healthy and happy like when I was a nipper. She told me things that I can't remember now but seemed important and wise and I woke up feeling very sad but very happy. It was so nice to see her happy again, even if was only a dream.

That's lovely. In the old days they would call that a visitation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Opening the bedroom window in the morning and letting lots of lovely, fresh air in before making the bed and tidying up a little. Feels so refreshing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I think I heard an owl early this morning.
    So I just spent 40mins on YouTube listening to different owl calls.

I only noticed now that my dog is watching me - he looks concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

More of a trivial childish giggle. Speaking to someone in text whose surname is Coc*s. Fair play, she didn't change it to Cox.

TH I had stubborn dye residue in my hair and at long last Ive got it all out. Im never dyeing again. I actually appreciate my hair colour now.
    Also TH getting the length back.

Congratulations to Retro :)
    Love in atime of coronavirus.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,468 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

So, I enjoy watching the classic Simpsons reruns on Channel 4 at the weekends. Anyway, they were showing some of the worse (or newer if you'd prefer) ones.

I found this bit hilarious and I don't really know why:

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Your Face wrote: »
    I think I heard an owl early this morning.
    So I just spent 40mins on YouTube listening to different owl calls.

I only noticed now that my dog is watching me - he looks concerned.

Dogs understand more than we give them credit for!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Cake.

Advertisement