Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I minded my 3 year old niece today. One of the things we did was watch Home Alone which she thought was so funny. After that we went for a walk to SuperValu and had this conversation.
    Niece: Guy are you paying with money or card?
    Me: Card, why?
    Niece: Can I pay with money so I can learn how to use money?
    Me: OK we'll do that.

A huge smile breaks out on her face and she gets very giddy and stays that way until we get to the checkout where looks like she is going to explode with excitement. I hand my niece the money to give to the lady.

Checkout Lady: That is €4 please
    Niece handing over the money shaking with excitement shouts: KEEP THE CHANGE YOU FILTHY ANIMAL!!!!!

Of course she totally loses it laughing at this while I am in shock and about to apologise to the lady but then she loses it laughing too! Then I lost it!

My niece could barely talk with the laughter and afterwards got me to ring her mammy so she could tell her all about how she planned this great joke and it made everyone laugh.

She is such a character :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Guy Person wrote: »
    I minded my 3 year old niece today. One of the things we did was watch Home Alone which she thought was so funny. After that we went for a walk to SuperValu and had this conversation.
    Niece: Guy are you paying with money or card?
    Me: Card, why?
    Niece: Can I pay with money so I can learn how to use money?
    Me: OK we'll do that.

A huge smile breaks out on her face and she gets very giddy and stays that way until we get to the checkout where looks like she is going to explode with excitement. I hand my niece the money to give to the lady.

Checkout Lady: That is €4 please
    Niece handing over the money shaking with excitement shouts: KEEP THE CHANGE YOU FILTHY ANIMAL!!!!!

Of course she totally loses it laughing at this while I am in shock and about to apologise to the lady but then she loses it laughing too! Then I lost it!

My niece could barely talk with the laughter and afterwards got me to ring her mammy so she could tell her all about how she planned this great joke and it made everyone laugh.

She is such a character :D

Thats brilliant:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Being at a party, albeit a late one, for my grandmother's 90th birthday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

Your niece is hilarious Guy Person!

It's Saturday night and I'm in bed alone with a hot chocolate, my kindle and Nintendo Switch lite. There's nowhere else I'd rather be right now. Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My newest neighbour was born yesterday. I'll give it a couple of weeks until all the family have visited, then I'll get to meet him. I've heard his big sister is not overly excited!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

branie2 wrote: »
    Being at a party, albeit a late one, for my grandmother's 90th birthday.

Happy birthday to her. All mine went far too young sadly.

A slice of lemon in water.

Music.

Singing.

Being healthy.

Having my family and kind friends.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TH is Watching Laurel And Hardy - Our Relations, comic geniuses the two of them, they don't make like this anymore, tears streaming down my face from howling the place with laughter so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Male friends showing not only a great interest in fashion and hairstyles but knowing exactly what will suit you. And not being shy about it. Like having a team of personal stylists. They've never been wrong yet. I had body dysmorphia in earlier days and still can't envision what I'd look like.

Also had a bit of a laugh when I forgot the word "reinventing" so I said "I'm...what's that thing Madonna's always doing to herself?" The answers were priceless.

Got the actual ATM beside another ATM that was fully functional and accepting cash lodgement.
    Guess the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TH for the fine weather at this time of year. It shortens the winter imo.

• Advertisement

RMAOK wrote: »
    TH for the fine weather at this time of year. It shortens the winter imo.

I hung out washing earlier because the sun was shining, brought them back in as wet as they went out but I enjoyed looking at them on the line. Lol

No cooking tonight and no 2 hour argument about what takeaway to get, I've decided it's a Chinese and they can take it or leave it,th that I've made that decision so early in the day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I hung out washing earlier because the sun was shining, brought them back in as wet as they went out but I enjoyed looking at them on the line. Lol

No cooking tonight and no 2 hour argument about what takeaway to get, I've decided it's a Chinese and they can take it or leave it,th that I've made that decision so early in the day.

and if they don't want it.....well more for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

If they don't want it, I will take their share.

I'm decorating the dungeon. I've seen a baroque style mirror frame with a gold skull and I'm in love with it. I'm going g to replicate it, though, as it's an astronomical price. Deep red walls, velvet curtains. You only live once :D

Aawww loved that Seph!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Ah that was a lovely interlude Seph!

Aawww loved that Seph!
    Eleysian wrote: »
    Ah that was a lovely interlude Seph!

There's another video on that channel called "cat thinks his girlfriend is cheating on him" bloody hilarious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Zut alors Seph! That’s a whole lot of French cat angst there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

Aww that was adorable Seph :)

I'm almost finished my Christmas shopping, just one or two small bits left to get. I've never been so organised! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

An electric blanket on a cold night like this.
    And some Middleton very rare in my tummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I have had the most amazing birthday weekend! 10 minutes of my 20s left :D

My mum and sisters are taking me to London in January to see Hamilton. I am sooooo excited. I absolutely bawled. Love my family so much!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

KatW4 wrote: »
    I have had the most amazing birthday weekend! 10 minutes of my 20s left :D
    Happy birthday Kat! :pac:

hqdefault.jpg

tenor.gif

TH I am so liberal with cinnamon and ginger when I make cake and th that I saved a tiny drop of milk for tea after forgetting it in the shop. Woke up with a sandpapered throat but hot, hot tea and very spicy cake have number it.

TH it's "ploughing back profits" day which to me means ordering lovely new stock for next year. Aka shopping!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Guy Person wrote:
    Happy birthday Kat!

Thank you!!! Love those pictures :D

Bought a dress 5 wks ago, didn't receive it yet, had been chasing it up with DPD parcelwizard and now the seller admitted she hadn't posted it (She's been down with tonsillitis). This is th as it means the dress isn't missing. Might have it in time for my next outing.

Also TH I've remembered to bring 6 makeup 'empties to exchange for a Velvet Teddy at the Mac counter through their Back2Mac offer. This is probably like cryptic code to non lipstick wearers...bring your empty packaging back and they give you free lipstick.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

fixed the home heating boiler myself this morning. maybe im preaching to the converted, but its worth checking the internet for tips on how to fix before giving up and calling in an expert

**disclaimer dont mess with a gas boiler if you arent qualified. i mean is checking a few things, such as flushing out the system and bleeding the radiators which i did to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,574 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Learning new words from boards posts.
    Today its hegemony

• Advertisement

Hospital appointment done and dusted in under an hour. Limericks looking ethereally beautiful wreathed in mist, with a peach sunset.

Advertisement