Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

In a supervalu earlier, chatty 3yo girl with one of those little trolleys, in an aisle without mammy, 'helping'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Archeron

Those houses that put Christmas candle bridges in both upstairs windows instantly making their houses have big "ooooh look at that" faces.

Bonus points if the downstairs lights or a Christmas tree make a mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,258 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Following on from the trivial things that annoy me post. Where I gave out about my elderly mother invading my house, and throwing out an old boot with a fair amount of cash in it. Despite similar nearly happening before.

The happy side of the story concluded yesterday, my Mam insisted on paying me back. Despite the fact I said ‘I didn’t want her money, just the lesson learnt’

But she didn’t just give me the cash. She handed it to me in an envelope - dated and with how sorry she was ‘As Gaeilge’. It was complete with a little picture she drew of ‘the boot’, with holes in it.

Now suddenly, the envelope has become more valuable than the cash inside it. And I have to keep the flipping envelope. But in a safer place than the boot!

Post edited by gormdubhgorm on

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,346 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Thanks to a thread in Bargain Alerts, I picked up a Dyson Supersonic hairdryer for €209. I had swore to never buy one as I couldn't buy into all of the hype over a €400 hairdryer but this thing is amazing!!!!

I'm not getting headaches from having extreme heat blasting at my head for two hours as it is a much quieter, quicker and cooler device! Great BA and excellent purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Nearly 4 o'clock on the day after the shortest day and the sun is lighting up the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Smallest cat asleep on my feet abed. A rescued waif who was almost literally skin and bone a few months ago.. Happy wee lad he is... Purrs when he sees me! His fur shines with health and the fear has left his eyes,

He has done more for me than I for him! Cheers my very soul to hear him purr ...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,346 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

TH is that Tipperary Council have refused to back planning permission for an extension to a hotel at the Rock of Cashel. At least there seems to be some common sense in one part of the country to protect our historic sites! Feels like a Christmas miracle!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That's really sweet, that reminds me of my mam and how she used to draw funny images for us in cards , she would always draw cats for me as she knows I love them 😁.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm trivially happy to have finished work at 4 (well, 4.10). From 3 o'clock, I say there were less than 10 people there out of 350-ish employees. It's not like I was killing myself working, just doing my full shift, but I love the factory when it's almost empty.

Only 5 cars in the car park as I left...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

The other TH is cycling at busy times like now. I dropped to the ATM outside Tesco on the way home from work, and was able to zip past all the irate motorists. Even the Tesco carpark was at a stand-still!

• Advertisement

Went for a walk and met my favorite somebody else's dog. A three year old German Shephard the size of a small horse who still acts like a puppy and demands you play with him.

Absolutely beautiful big fuzzy ball of excitement, you can't but smile when you meet him.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'm getting some laugh off a Dublin funeral directors Facebook page

It's actually like something you would of see. Off Shameless

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Out walking at the lake earlier and met a Santa with his dog and a surf board as he was just exiting the water.

Filed with a smile under things that don't happen everyday!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

McDonald's chocolate milkshake to ease a hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭sporina

decided i wanted a pedi this avo.. so I called into my local nail salon in the city - what wer the chances? slim! but with luck or what ever they wer able to accommodate me - woo hoo.. twas so relaxin and now I also have happy xmas feet. xxx PS felt v grateful for the fact that I hav v little to worry about this xmas season bar getting a pedi ekk.. x wishing you all a peaceful xmas eve (day) ,.. x

• Registered Users Posts: 13,397 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Listening to The Greatest Showman the whole way through. I’m not a fan of musicals but it is brilliant 🤩

Same here when it comes to musicals but that soundtrack got me through my last two years of uni and getting my thesis done.

My th is that I got a christmas card from my ex in London(which means he's on the road to recovery from ptss)

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

That it's pissing rain right now... Take that, you last minute shoppers

Just got in from work and these and a card were on my doorstep

Gobbled up the sweets and then read the card.

Oops, they were meant for next door! 🥴

Only messing!!! 😄😄

Happy Christmas everyone!

• Advertisement

My neighbour came with Christmas gifts - or rather one of his brothers who I have met before AND one of his sisters I had not met before..

A lovely exchange of greetings and gifts. We are few out here and these things are precious. And such rhoughtful gifts from the sister I had never met! Three large balls of knitting yarn! ( they all have hand knitted hats from me!)

So much kindness! Deeply grateful..... and knowing I live in a good place.

That I can rest easy when as utterly exhausted as I am just now. Well organised so all runs smoothly on " bad days" ... Small things that matter so much and ease the mind.

Like being free to close down and sleep when I need to ! Not by the clock! Yawn! Good night all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Watching my dog this morning doing zoomies around the field. His happiness makes me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Receiving a video of my dog wishing me a happy Christmas ❤️ and also celebrating Christmas with people who are like my second family ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 24,824 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

food coma, great day with family, I’m absolutely stuffed, taking 30 just to relax and have a post food lie down.

I enjoyed for the first time in a couple of years, no phones ringing constantly….. during the afternoon, whatever about either side of it but nice to be able to sit down with family for two hours and no interruptions, just nice conversation, great food, great gifts exchanged….and fun times.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,824 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Took a spin out to visit a couple of the family graves in balgriffin…

on parking a nice newish blue BMW 5 series flies around the corner. Bypasses the regular parking spaces and parks in one of the accessible/wheelchair bays… the one right in front of the gate… on alighting from the car, two little middle aged gaudy looking tramps, presumably husband and wife dressed in the oddest dayglow neon apparel and with no obvious disability and no sticker / card in the window of their vehicle move sprightly to visit their loved one…🙄

on leaving the cemetery they are obviously still in a rush, don’t see the bollard segregating the spaces and access roadway to the GAA club and the mini dayglo gimp reverses into a bollard hitting it at speed, a nice loud cracking sound, destroys the bollard with a loud thud and has a nice indent in his bumper…. So karma, more please….

Spent a few hours yesterday going through my wardrobe for items to donate, I stuck on my randomly selected fleetwood mac cd.

It was sooo uplifting trying on clothes from my past while uplifting or well loved tunes played in the background, made me feel like I was back in my happy life again.

A battered burger and a bag of chips inside your coat makes the most magical Christmas central heating system.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,397 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

It’s not trivial to me , but I got loads of hugs and kisses from a 9and 10 yo today. And it was brilliant for us all . They both wouldn’t let go of me 😋😋😋 XX

Nothing spectacular... everything everyday that can too easily be taken for granted.. Safe warm home... Abundant food... work for my hands that will help others... no need to go out in a deluge...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

My Christmas presents this year, which were:

The film Elvis on Blu-Ray

No Plan B, the latest Jack Reacher thriller

Time and Time by Charlie Bird

The Alan Rickman Diaries

Never Better by Tommie Gorman, which had his autograph to me.

Advertisement