Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,740 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I LOVE mushrooms. Not those fancy ones but normal’ ones. I used to collect them, with my mother, from the meadows down the hills, when I was younger. I find restaurants don’t know how to cook them properly. They , imo, have to be cooked very slowly in a bit of butter with generous amounts of salt. Hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Exactly. Totally agree. Plus they are super fresh straight from the fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,400 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

My new camera is arriving today and some 1 litre Alfaparf shampoo and conditioner. I feel like a child at Christmas whenever I get a text/email from the couriers 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Walking back to work and was passed by two young women who were out on their walk/steps/lunchtime fitness bite.

I could hear them chatting the lady who had the horrible breakup was happily chatting about her plans to maybe wfh in her friends house in Portugal for a few months(as she would save so much it would bring up her deposit savings significantly)

Th to hear women chatting about this and that and making happy plans for their futures.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

That , it seems I’m not the only Wordle junkie. I posted today’s result at 12.07 and I was the 4th post in the thread.!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,258 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

One of my best friends surprised me this morning with a text to say We’re going to see Westlife in December 😊❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 25,071 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

i had 9 hours of the best continuous sleep last night really feel the better for it.

not woken by any neighbours coming in from work and slamming gates and doors , going out to work doing the same and revving the fûck out of their bike or the tree felling that’s still going on or the kids the other side with their fûckin basketball and net that seems to be the go to recreational pastime at 9am every Saturday now….

even as a kid I’d covet a lie on, on Saturday… still do…nice way to recharge so what brings kids now wanting to be up and playing basketball from 9 am and on occasion before that , when they’ve the whole day, to be doing it…sunset isn’t till 7pm….little twats.

sleep… mmmmmmmm 😎🖤

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭bobbyss

After working in the garden and getting a lot done and being given the five minute sign to come in for your dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Leaning over the fence, gazing at the mirroring ocean and eating any blackberries within reach....

Got a second hand video game in the post for buttons. In perfect condition. 😊

Reminds me getting video games from the UK in the 80s. I'd be worried if they'd accept an Irish postal order and if the game would ever arrive at all 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

My 9 year old solved his rubix cube for the first time yesterday. 3 times actually. And of course to confirm, I did the scramble, and he solved it.

Yea. Bursting with pride I am

Bagels.

Having a rant on a boards thread. And saying "rant over" to indicate I was just having a rant and letting off steam. 🤣

Also, beats doing the same on a work thread. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Delayed TH, but I was released from hospital yesterday after a week there. Finally silence, or at least only noise of my own making. 😃

Oh congratulations! I keep ear plugs in my " go bag" as life here is so QUIET that ....

Happy that I can stay abed when feeling.... crap! That there is food to eat etc. And knitting if I want to ... And when I want i can just turn off the world... True freedom...

Someone has to have hacked the booking com Instagram.. looks like a place you'd have to pay someone about a grand a night to stay in..

Well! I ordered from Lenahans Hardware in Dublin by post on Monday... Parcel is here!

No shipping costs as I always wait until it is over E50 and free..

Delighted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Cutting the lawn then standing back and admiring your work. It's like game of lawns here with the neighbours, once one lawnmower starts up then 3 or 4 more start up from the houses down the road

I remember that from the days when I had neighbours lived ... a positive epidemic of machines..

BREAKFAST calls.. then a snooze... Freedom is bliss..

Three more pounds of juicy blackberries... and the most glorious morning as ever was.. The lane runs along a promontory , close to the ocean on both sides. Sheltered too so a perfect place for berries. This will probably be the last as some are starting to mould on the vines... so much for the angry poster way back who accused me of stealing food off the birds! A sweet chill in the air now. Coffee calls! Excellent aerobic exercise berrying is .... reach, stretch . bend...Oh and I was not alone! Two cats followed... Lovely start to the day..

Giving a top notch review on my Yodel driver. , and that I haven’t posted on the TA thread today. Yet !!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,431 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Difficult questions from a 6 year old -

Why do snakes lay, eggs and eat their eggs?

How is God supposed to save the King?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

its the weekend and I’ve nothing that I have to do barring one social engagement that I’m really looking forward to.

there is a tonne of good sport on TV starting with the cricket later…football tomorrow…time to relax and recharge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Getting to turn off my work phone and alarm for the next 3 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,736 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Seeing someone get called out for their underhand tactics and BS.

Advertisement